Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Built 2007 C6Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:07 PM
want a C6ZO6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built 2007 C6Z

Hey guys, I'm wanting to sell my car or do a partial trade for a built F-body. Reason for selling is I'm getting married in April and have flat out just spent too much on the car. I bought it last summer and the engine starting having problems two weeks later and eventually was a total loss. The car just finished having a built LS7 installed last Friday. It will be towed to my tuner today (2/18/15) where it will receive a fresh and safe tune. It will have zero street miles on the new motor before getting the tune. The car will be ready to hop in and drive with no problems when the buyer picks it up. This car is not a garage queen. It's meant to be driven and enjoyed. It doesn have a few scratches here and there. No dents or major damages.
Here is a quick list of the mods:

Exterior:
MTI spliter with brake duct vents to front rotors[bottom pick-up]
MTI rear spoiler
RPI ZR1 side skirts
LG Vented Hood-Custom Painted insert/pinstripe]
Chevy SS Screen Package to fender vents
Katech-four position hold down pins to hood
427 Badge treatment to hood
HID Low Beams/Driving lights
Clear bra on nose / Vinyl wrapped the roof and halo black to match splitter, side skirts, rear spoiler (has a few places chipping)

Interior:
Custom Cobalt Red leather underdash/doors
Custom Painted black: Dash panel/door/switch gear/center console/steering wheel inserts.
DSV Interiors-Shift boot/ebrake boot/ebrake handle/armrest/waterfall/d-sport steeringwheel – Black Alcantera w/red stitching
External Gauges-twin pod-Transmission Temp and Fuel/air Ratio
Pfadt Race Engineering Bolt-In Chassis Bar - Red
Navigation System/XM-Satillite Radio
GM PAL installed - IPOD hookup in Glove Box
Elect Tilt and Telescope Wheel

Motor:
OLD SETUP
427 LS-7- Modified Heads: Custom 5 position Valve job/ Custom Springs[dual]/ported and polished[intake/exhaust]-milled-@12.5:1 comp/93 octane
Harland Sharpe Rockers
VetteDrs-"Sick-Stick" Cam#3/titanium retainers
HPSALES of Florida - Tune
LSXR-102MM Intake Manifold
Nick Williams 102MM Throttle Body
Calloway Cold Air intake
Lingenfletter 11 Quart Dry sump tank
American Racing 1-7/8 Racing Headers
PCV oil Catch can
Mustang DYNO – 580HP – 570ft/lbs – about same power as STOCK ZR1 on this dyno.
Vette doctors dyno - 591/541 corrected to 611/560
NEW SETUP
Everything listed above but with:
wiseco pistons
callies crank and rods
all new bearings and parts never used
ARP head studs
new redone LS7 heads ported and new valves, bronze guides, milled.
new BTR stage 3 cam with BTR .660 lift duel springs and ti retainers.

Suspension/Driveline:
New Clutch at 32,500 miles... Twin Disc McLoed - HPSALESFLORIDA
Pfadt Adjustable Coilover Shocks
Pfadt Solid Bushings to A-arms/Steering Rack
Pfadt Street Sway Bars[First Series-fully adjustable]
Pfadt Competition Sway Bar Pillow Blocks
Pfadt Bolt-In Chassis Bar
Pfadt Solid Transmission and Motor Mounts
Pfadt Street/Track Alignment
LG Competition Tunnel Plate
MTI Six-Shooter Short-Throw Shifter-Custom Jake logo ****

Brakes:
Coleman Two Piece Rotors
Hawk HP PLUS one piece pads - some noise but have tried Carbotech AX-6 (way too noisy) and stock pads just don't stop the car like a track pad.

Wheels:
Forgeline ZX3-R Fully Polished Aluminum Wheels- 18/19" -10.5" Front and 12.5" Rear

There are several C6Z's for sale around the same price with built motors. The difference is mine has 1000's and 1000's in suspension, exterior, and interior mods as well. I will sell outright for $48,000 but will also trade. I know it would be much easier financing my car if you added a trade to the deal. If you have a 15,000 car you can get financed for 33,000 for mine all day long. Ideally I'd like to trade for a built F-body with atleast 600rwhp. Trade value must be $20,000 or less. I want to be very clear on this next part...your trade must be in perfect working condition. No projects! Must need nothing other than to hop in and enjoy. Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns. I'd like to keep this thread clean.
Thanks for looking!
Attached Images     
Old 02-20-2015, 10:01 PM
want a C6ZO6
Advanced

Also had a new oil pump and complete oiling system installed with the brand new motor. If you're remotely interested please let me know asap as I might be trading it in next week.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:16 AM
matt22619
7th Gear

Originally Posted by want a C6ZO6
Also had a new oil pump and complete oiling system installed with the brand new motor. If you're remotely interested please let me know asap as I might be trading it in next week.
Where is the car located? Have you had a chance to break in the new motor since it was installed? im just curious in case you havent sold it already! Hope your week is going well bud!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:47 PM
deadbeatrec
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this car was for sale when i bought my c6z in aug last summer. i actually contacted the guy about buying it. never got back to me.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:32 PM
want a C6ZO6
Advanced

To all those who have pm'd me, this car sold a while back. Sorry for not updating it sooner.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:30 PM
newchevyman
Instructor

Received 153 Likes on 66 Posts

To all those who have pm'd me, this car sold a while back. Sorry for not updating it sooner.
Your former car is listed at Northside Fiat in Houston for $33,998. A steal for anyone looking to buy an already modded Z. Nice car.

Link to dealer listing

Last edited by newchevyman; 09-08-2015 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:26 PM
want a C6ZO6
Advanced

Wow, that is a good deal. It still has the built motor in it. Heck, the motor+labor was a 1/3 of their asking price
Old 09-08-2015, 08:55 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

Sounds way too good to be true...
Old 09-08-2015, 09:31 PM
want a C6ZO6
Advanced

I'm the previous owner, everything was fine when I got rid of it. Looks to have everything still on it that I sold it with. Sounds the same in the video they posted. Heck, it has a brand new motor with forged rods/pistons and ported heads. Brand new oil pump as well.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:37 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

I'm the previous owner, everything was fine when I got rid of it. Looks to have everything still on it that I sold it with. Sounds the same in the video they posted. Heck, it has a brand new motor with forged rods/pistons and ported heads. Brand new oil pump as well.
Did you break the new motor in or the person you sold it to?
Old 09-09-2015, 07:29 PM
want a C6ZO6
Advanced

I can probably dig up my old invoice for the built motor and for the shop who did the work for anyone interested. Just FYI because of some of the pm's I've received, I would not dd this car. Its got a big cam and the clutch probably wouldn't be fun in stop and go traffic.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:13 PM
wot11
Intermediate

I'd love to see any paperwork you have on the car or dyno sheets if you find them. I'm seriously considering it. Just gotta get the wife talked into it we were planning on waiting until winter to buy haha.

tilemich@ius.edu

Thanks

I can probably dig up my old invoice for the built motor and for the shop who did the work for anyone interested. Just FYI because of some of the pm's I've received, I would not dd this car. Its got a big cam and the clutch probably wouldn't be fun in stop and go traffic.

Last edited by wot11; 09-09-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I want to send this back to the top in hopes the OP will see it. I PM'd ya!

Does anyone know another way of contacting want a C6Z06? Thanks!
Old 09-15-2015, 01:24 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

For anyone else interested in this car, be careful. I've been debating picking it up but got this email from the sales rep this morning:

"Hello,

How are you? I just wanted to let you know that the the Corvette is at shop since there was smoke coming out from the exhaust and before selling it we want to make sure it's in good conditions. They will diagnose the problem. I'll keep you update.

Sorry for the wait."
Old 09-15-2015, 01:28 PM
wot11
Intermediate

I called on it also and they didn't mention the smoke but they did say the speedometer doesn't work.

Originally Posted by whtcanbrwnd04u
For anyone else interested in this car, be careful. I've been debating picking it up but got this email from the sales rep this morning:

"Hello,

How are you? I just wanted to let you know that the the Corvette is at shop since there was smoke coming out from the exhaust and before selling it we want to make sure it's in good conditions. They will diagnose the problem. I'll keep you update.

Sorry for the wait."
Old 09-15-2015, 01:32 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

They told me that, about two weeks after receiving it, half of the gauge cluster stopped working. They replaced it, the whole thing worked for the day, then the entire cluster stopped working.

Interesting about the smoke...let us know what they say.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:38 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

I am no longer interested in the car what-so-ever. Just thought someone else on here should know what is going on with the car. Previous owner is really nice and helpful. The dealership is probably getting a decent amount of calls on it since it was posted here... they've had it for 6 months without being able to move it though.

Get notified of new replies

To Built 2007 C6Z

Old 09-15-2015, 02:42 PM
want a C6ZO6
Advanced

Sorry for just now responding to some of you. As others know who I have spoken with, my wife's grandpa passed away last week and we have been dealing with that/the funeral. Please pm again with any other questions. But it looks like its been getting ragged on at the dealership... The motor was brand new, broken in, and conservatively tuned when traded in. No reason it should be smoking other than probably getting driven way to hard or revved too high/too much.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:45 PM
WillRace4Food
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I also called...i was told they repainted the car and were sending it to the place last weekend to get it checked out to make sure everything was good with the car. Havent heard back from them this week.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:38 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

Originally Posted by WillRace4Food
I also called...i was told they repainted the car and were sending it to the place last weekend to get it checked out to make sure everything was good with the car. Havent heard back from them this week.
Lol damn dude. More red flags....

Quick Reply: Built 2007 C6Z