Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Selling due to terminal cancer.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 06:29 AM
JDaniel
Senior Badass!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Wow. This is such awful news. I'm very sorry to hear of your situation and I pray you pull through. If I were stateside this car would be sold today.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:35 AM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

My prayers are with you and your family. If I were in the market for a GS.....yours would be the one for sure! I am glad to donate to you and your family should you start a fund. Stay strong brother!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:04 AM
kenw
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

Sir

Very sorry for your situation and thank you for your courage and concern for your wife. If that happens to me I would do the same.

I will let my club know about your car and anyone else I know who might be looking for a Vette.

God Bless and look forward to meeting you in Heaven one day.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:56 PM
BlackFya
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default ......

Heartbreaking to hear Sir! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Keeping you in prayer and hoping the Dr. is incorrect on this one.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:24 PM
DinkyDonut
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Link sent on.

See you on the other side, Mike. It's a wild night ahead, and a new road to travel so drive carefully. Will try to keep things running on this side, if you keep the engine warm on the other.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:58 PM
HEB
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by usmcpony
I really hate hearing things like this. I really hope a miracle happens. Good bless you and your family.
I have been cancer free for two years so I know what your going thru, God Bless
Old 05-23-2015, 05:02 PM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikengrace

I look forward to being with our Lord and Savior. I just cannot imagine doing it with out my amazing wife Grace. Please pray that she find comfort and happiness, when I am gone.

Mike C.
Mike,
What great hope and comfort I share with you in those words brother

1 Corinthians 2:9 - But, as it is written, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what GOD has prepared for those who love him".

I will be praying for you and your wife through this difficult time as it is not easy. But, as you said, prayer (and faith) is stronger/better than any medicine
Old 05-23-2015, 05:15 PM
JimmyS5600
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Prayers sent for you and your family. Just purchased a 08 Roadster or we would be
dealing now. God Bless.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:37 PM
paco04
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 56 Posts

Prayers sent to Fr. Francis Seelos, he will help you out.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:41 PM
Mikengrace
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all my Forum brothers and sisters.

Thank you from the depths of my heart for all your heart felt concerns and well wishes.

I have fought a tough fight. I will continue the to do so. If for no other reason then to spend another minute with my wife Grace.

As far as selling the Vette, it will happen one way or another, I just hope it will be to someone who can appreciate what this car was to Grace and I. It was just another thing to give us time to enjoy life together in.

If you are reading my message here, I hope you get the point that. All the things in life are not important. It is the joy and adventure they provide that give them meaning.

Try to remember that life is not a life until you take your last breath. Until that time, you can still make an impact on the world. You can still make an unhappy life into one that had purpose and did good.

You should live each day knowing it could be your last. Don't put off the things that are important to you. Do your best to share love with everyone around you. You can still do something about the regrets in your life.

I pray for all my Forum friends, I pray that they can share their happiness and the adventures, something as simple as a car, can bring to themselves and those around them .

Thank you my brothers and sisters, for your wonderful thoughts and prayers. It is these prayers that help me to accept my situation the most.

God Bless all of you.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:49 PM
bh747
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06, '07, '13, '15

Very well said Mike.

Originally Posted by Mikengrace
To all my Forum brothers and sisters.

Thank you from the depths of my heart for all your heart felt concerns and well wishes.

I have fought a tough fight. I will continue the to do so. If for no other reason then to spend another minute with my wife Grace.

As far as selling the Vette, it will happen one way or another, I just hope it will be to someone who can appreciate what this car was to Grace and I. It was just another thing to give us time to enjoy life together in.

If you are reading my message here, I hope you get the point that. All the things in life are not important. It is the joy and adventure they provide that give them meaning.

Try to remember that life is not a life until you take your last breath. Until that time, you can still make an impact on the world. You can still make an unhappy life into one that had purpose and did good.

You should live each day knowing it could be your last. Don't put off the things that are important to you. Do your best to share love with everyone around you. You can still do something about the regrets in your life.

I pray for all my Forum friends, I pray that they can share their happiness and the adventures, something as simple as a car, can bring to themselves and those around them .

Thank you my brothers and sisters, for your wonderful thoughts and prayers. It is these prayers that help me to accept my situation the most.

God Bless all of you.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:06 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Default I hope

I can face such a situation with the grace you have shown sir, I sincerely wish you peace and a minimum of discomfort.....
Old 05-23-2015, 08:42 PM
45Z06
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Default our prayers are with you

I'm not interested in your car but the the title of your thread caught my attention. I just lost a family member to cancer. Well, enough said. Just wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:19 PM
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: They say you learn from your mistakes, I must be a genius
Received 248 Likes on 114 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17

You sound like an incredibly strong person Mike....prayers sent to you my Corvette brother.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:41 PM
StickyV35
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May the surrounding of loved ones guide you and your family through these trying times. God bless you sir, praying for the best.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:29 AM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Top.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:39 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Mike -

My best wishes and prayers are with you and your wife. I am not too far away - in Los Gatos - and if there is anything I can do for you please do let me know. in the past three years I have been through prostate cancer and open heart surgery, so you have my support and understanding!

If I didn't absolutely love my LMB '06 I would be all over your deal in a minute. I will pas it along to members of my club in case anyone there is interested.

Might I suggest you also post it in the Northern California Forum section?

Stay strong!
Glenn

Get notified of new replies

To Selling due to terminal cancer.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Corps 'Vette
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My family has struggled with cancer as well - my stepfather has terminal cancer and my daughter struggled with AML (leukemia) - I'm so very sorry. If I could afford you're beautiful car I would start taking care of it today. I wish you and your family all the best
Old 05-24-2015, 02:55 PM
wilb3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, I can not imagine what you are going through but know that our supreme being is watching over you! He is in control of every being and situation. God Bless you and your family.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:55 PM
Stavesacre21
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 107 Posts

I couldn't agree more with you, my friend. Stuff really doesn't matter at all. The people and the lives you touch really are priceless.

Fight the good fight and never give up. Miracles can and do happen everyday. You're in our prayers, Mike.

Quick Reply: Selling due to terminal cancer.