Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

To Expensive? Need Feedback Please

Old 06-29-2015, 10:23 AM
edg3h
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Expensive? Need Feedback Please

To Expensive?

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5096881066.html
Old 06-29-2015, 10:52 AM
KT.VETTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not me.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:38 PM
Icetoad
Pro

To me, its in the top of the price range for that year, but the engine swap is an unknown factor that may attract people or push them away.

So with the engine swap perhaps it should be in the rebuilt(salvage) range of 14-18k.. if you cant find any buyers.

jmho
Old 06-29-2015, 08:42 PM
edg3h
Advanced

hmmm. I always knew aftermarket and modifications dont add to the value. But a brand new engine I think would help. So no chance I'm getting anywhere near that?
Old 06-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Icetoad
Pro

Well, as with anything, it really depends on the buyer...

Oh this forum, miles and original matter more on standard vettes, but then with Z06, its all over the place mods vs no mods. Certain mods add value, but only to buyers looking for a car with that mod already done, which goes back to my statement above. Oh, then you have the ZR1 which everyone seems to want unmodified(completely opposite from the Z06 crowd). But thats just what i have gleaned over the years from the comments on this forum.

My dad had the engine rebuilt in his 73 vette, when he sold it, he lost money and the buyer only cared that the numbers matched.

As far as your price, its as i say in my other post: could go either way. I would leave it up and see if you get any nibbles(its only been a day). Perhaps be more flexible in the price( add obo to title ). That alone, minus the low-ballers and scammers, should give you an idea of what the market will bare. You need pictures of the tires, inside and engine compartment added to the ad as well.

Full disclosure: i have been looking since last year for the right vette( i want an auto though ). So say your car was auto: i would of made an offer south of 20k because of the engine ( its an unknown with no mention of warranty ) and existing lien ( another unknown factor for many buyers ). Just my opinion though, perhaps others here have a different take.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:13 PM
KT.VETTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you selling or buying?
Old 06-29-2015, 09:23 PM
Icetoad
Pro

Hes selling....
Old 06-29-2015, 09:35 PM
far north
Navigator

As mentioned, more pictures will help. Silver cars don't seem to sell as fast as some other colors. Your picture appears to be at a track day, that coupled with a blown engine around 60k makes me think the car has been driven hard, driving the value lower.

Get notified of new replies

To To Expensive? Need Feedback Please

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: To Expensive? Need Feedback Please