Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

After you sell your Grand Sport or z06?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 09:51 PM
PJake
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW.....pretty good reading
Old 07-23-2015, 06:02 PM
EBZ0Sick
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Interesting thread, and some very good reasoning to be sure.

Currently on 'Vette number 3, and a family member who has wanted it for years was informed by me a few days ago that it is up for sale and he gets first dibs.

My reasoning is simple for this C6: I am sick of dealing with GM's poor craftsmanship on thier halo car, and even MORE sick of dealing with thier horrid dealership network.

Of course, I wont miss the little things like pulling in at an angle to my driveway, or any driveway, for that matter-also wont miss being paranoid about driving in the rain and worrying about the engine getting 'Hydrolocked' due to air being sucked in like a vacuum from the bottom front of the car. Had a friend deal with this on his, so it always stuck in the back of my mind.

The other 2 I sold (C5Z06, 2006 C6) were for different reasons. I wanted the money from the C5Z to fund my home purchase near the beach in San Diego, but that car had its issues as well (Harmonic Balancer, Wheel Bearing, Torque tube, all before 30,000 miles) so I was OK with letting it go after 3 years of ownership. The other C6 was an impulse purchase due to the great price I got it for, and I flipped it 8 months later for a nice little profit.

What ultimately led me to put my current '09 up for sale was this: My father's convertible GT500. Has over 140,000 TROUBLE FREE daily driven miles. He has literally only changed tires, brake pads, and fluids.

He let me take it for 5 days and I had a BLAST driving it with both the top down and top up. The torque is insane, and the nasty sound of that supercharged engine is bliss. Its bigger inside, which is perfect for a 6'3" guy like myself. I was shocked that I found myself enjoying the Shelby more than my 'Vette. I even drove them back to back on 3 of the days just to be sure.

So the 'For sale' sign went up on my headache, and im now searching for a low mile GT500 as a daily.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:08 PM
Ekul61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EBZ0Sick
Interesting thread, and some very good reasoning to be sure.

Currently on 'Vette number 3, and a family member who has wanted it for years was informed by me a few days ago that it is up for sale and he gets first dibs.

My reasoning is simple for this C6: I am sick of dealing with GM's poor craftsmanship on thier halo car, and even MORE sick of dealing with thier horrid dealership network.

Of course, I wont miss the little things like pulling in at an angle to my driveway, or any driveway, for that matter-also wont miss being paranoid about driving in the rain and worrying about the engine getting 'Hydrolocked' due to air being sucked in like a vacuum from the bottom front of the car. Had a friend deal with this on his, so it always stuck in the back of my mind.

The other 2 I sold (C5Z06, 2006 C6) were for different reasons. I wanted the money from the C5Z to fund my home purchase near the beach in San Diego, but that car had its issues as well (Harmonic Balancer, Wheel Bearing, Torque tube, all before 30,000 miles) so I was OK with letting it go after 3 years of ownership. The other C6 was an impulse purchase due to the great price I got it for, and I flipped it 8 months later for a nice little profit.

What ultimately led me to put my current '09 up for sale was this: My father's convertible GT500. Has over 140,000 TROUBLE FREE daily driven miles. He has literally only changed tires, brake pads, and fluids.

He let me take it for 5 days and I had a BLAST driving it with both the top down and top up. The torque is insane, and the nasty sound of that supercharged engine is bliss. Its bigger inside, which is perfect for a 6'3" guy like myself. I was shocked that I found myself enjoying the Shelby more than my 'Vette. I even drove them back to back on 3 of the days just to be sure.

So the 'For sale' sign went up on my headache, and im now searching for a low mile GT500 as a daily.
Your the first on here that doesn't say the corvette is the best thing since sliced bread. I would have to agree with you.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:50 PM
BLEKVET
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 150 Posts

Dropped an LS7 into my '11 GS last year. It was an amazing car. But, I never drove it. Had too much money in it - I just polished it and looked at it. Sold it on a Friday. Bought a highly modded C5Z two days later and added a low-mile Lexus IS250 to the stable for the same money as the GS. I absolutely love my C5 Z and I drive it all the time !
Old 07-25-2015, 05:28 PM
EBZ0Sick
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ekul61
Your the first on here that doesn't say the corvette is the best thing since sliced bread. I would have to agree with you.
There are more than a few of us on this forum, to be honest. Its just that we usually get shouted at and the threads derail from the die hard GM defenders. I've owned over 20 vehicles from various brands, so I am not a 'loyalist'. Just a car enthusiast.

I am very honest about my experiences in the vehicle owning world. The 'Vette has been 'just ok' in my book. It has its moments, but the headaches associated with the ownership of it are ultimately not worth it.

BLEKVET, I will agree that I did have more fun driving my C5Z than either of my C6's. With the exception of the interior, GM hit the sweet spot on the C5's.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:09 PM
uxojerry
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I recently owned a 2010 GT 500 and then a 2013 Ford Raptor. Both Fords were/are nice cars. I recently bought the wife a C7 Z51 but had considered spending extra cash on the C7 Z06.

Im now going to ditch the Raptor when I find the right, modded C6 Z06. Im 95% done with my modded C2 SBC 427 car, and am slowly working up the parts for my 68 BBC 477 car. A C6Z would complete my little stable of ultimate NA Corvette's. For each of my vintage builds, modded C6Z's were/are the performance target.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Rickm6
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ekul61
After you sell your Grand Sport or z06 car. Are you buying something else or getting out of expensive toys for awhile?
I currently own a 2013 C6 Grand Sport. This is my second Vette and I'll buy another one in about 2 years. I love these cars! I daily drive mine and couldn't imagine not having one. I get up in the morning and can't wait to drive my car!

BTW, my 06 was in the shop many times for issues under warranty....my 13 has only been in once for a broken gas cap, what a difference!

Last edited by Rickm6; 07-26-2015 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:45 PM
2TONE82
Melting Slicks

Received 310 Likes on 133 Posts

I'll flip the question on you as we've considered adding a C6 GS vert. A couple of friends have them and the look has grown on me especially the rear stance. However, we've added a pair of jet skies and a pontoon boat this year and are spending more time at the lake so you could say we've adjusted our interest. With our youngest starting college this fall we've decided to keep the toys we have and after reading some of the posts above, keeping the 82 and 04 Z16 is a good call.

Last edited by 2TONE82; 07-26-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:12 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Didn't sell my car but I took a break from the forum, driving it and haven't been to the track at all this year. Like others have said just gets to be a job sometimes. I finally after who know how long took it out this morning for a nice cruise and enjoyed it. Sometimes a break is good!!

Quick Reply: After you sell your Grand Sport or z06?