Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB: Z06 at dealer w/ HCI (TX)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 05:06 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Z06 at dealer w/ HCI (TX)

Ideally a 2008+ would be best.

Anyone trade their z06 into a dealer? Prefer one with the head issue taken care of. Red, blue, black, and silver are my preferred colors. In that order

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Curious question, why does the car HAVE to be from a dealer?
Old 07-24-2015, 08:36 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Financing and warranty most probably.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:58 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

Originally Posted by Y2KRoadster
Curious question, why does the car HAVE to be from a dealer?
Want to trade in my BMW and work a 0% financing deal with them.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:39 AM
iwantaz06now
Melting Slicks

Received 165 Likes on 132 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I'm pretty sure no dealer will give you 0% financing or a warranty on a modded used car.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:40 AM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

Originally Posted by iwantaz06now
I'm pretty sure no dealer will give you 0% financing or a warranty on a modded used car.
Not looking for a warranty. As for the 0%, I'm pretty sure most dealers wont lose a sale over a small interest fee when im putting down 20k and have good credit.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by whtcanbrwnd04u
Not looking for a warranty. As for the 0%, I'm pretty sure most dealers wont lose a sale over a small interest fee when im putting down 20k and have good credit.
Only on few select certified used cars you can get 0%. The rest are new car only. Buying a used vette, especially a C6 with 0%, those days are over, period. Not a snowballs chance in hell. Maybe if you can get a loan from mom and dad? Dealers are in it to make money, the banks are what set the financing rates for the most part for dealers. A later model C6 with good credit you're probably looking at 2's to 4's? They could care less how much you put down, they get more $$ if you finance more. Interest ads up, especially on an expensive Corvette.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:04 AM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
Only on few select certified used cars you can get 0%. The rest are new car only. Buying a used vette, especially a C6 with 0%, those days are over, period. Not a snowballs chance in hell. Maybe if you can get a loan from mom and dad? Dealers are in it to make money, the banks are what set the financing rates for the most part for dealers. A later model C6 with good credit you're probably looking at 2's to 4's? They could care less how much you put down, they get more $$ if you finance more. Interest ads up, especially on an expensive Corvette.
Point of my thread is to see if anyone traded / sold their HCI Z into a dealer. Not to get input on how i'm going to work out a deal.

Put down $20k on a $40k car. Even at 4% on the $20k balance, that's $800 in interest. Any dealer will knock more than that off the price to close a deal. If i'm not haggling them over the list price, but interest rate, i know they will make it happen. Especially with the market on a used 'expensive' corvette right now. Check the forum, there's dozens of them available and not many are selling. These cars aren't moving that fast... in summer time! Come winter, they will be everywhere.

I do not believe in interest and will never deal with it is the reason i am being persistent on 0%.

Last edited by whtcanbrwnd04u; 07-25-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Point of my thread is to see if anyone traded / sold their HCI Z into a dealer. Not to get input on how i'm going to work out a deal.

Put down $20k on a $40k car. Even at 4% on the $20k balance, that's $800 in interest. Any dealer will knock more than that off the price to close a deal. If i'm not haggling them over the list price, but interest rate, i know they will make it happen. Especially with the market on a used 'expensive' corvette right now. Check the forum, there's dozens of them available and not many are selling. These cars aren't moving that fast... in summer time! Come winter, they will be everywhere.

I do not believe in interest and will never deal with it is the reason i am being persistent on 0%.
Ok Please keep us posted on this because I have never heard of this actually happening. Cars on the forum are not exactly priced right. ALSO we have a very limited audience. The dealerships up here cannot keep C6's on the lot if they are priced in the low 20's to high 20's. They move fast. Z's are a bit tougher because of the extra costs, but dealers are not as desperate as some people think. Maybe the local corner/ma and pa dealership, but a reputable Corvette Dealer is far from lenient on pricing. Banks are the ones who set the rates too, you cannot negotiate those. If you don't like interest, they don't care, they don't need your business, because millions do(like and accept low interest)! It's they way businesses work. It's far from winter we are still in July.

Good luck, please post updates
Old 07-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

So, by your logic, if the dealer agrees to 0% interest and leaves the list price alone, then you will actually lose money. Any dealer slapping an asking price of 40K on ANY car will come off it more than $800 bucks.

The other guy is right, you will not find ANY dealer that will give you 0% interest unless the car is maybe 1 year old...and the C6 is about to be 3 years old. Bottom line...the dealer will knock money off the list price, but he is not going to give you 0% interest. Why don't you just deal in the list price to make up for the difference in interest? It's all the same in the end. Also remember, you are still getting any kind of loan through a bank...whether directly or indirectly. A bank is not going to fork over 0% on a used car...there is nothing in it for them. They get a portion of the interest charge. When dealers offer 0%, their company backs the difference and it's financed through their bank backed company (GMAC, Ford, etc).

Good luck in your search and definitely post up if a dealer actually will do this.

EDIT: Another thing to consider is this. You can find an H/C/I Z06 on here for much cheaper than a dealership. So, for arguments sake, if you get your 0% on a car at a dealership, but pay 3000 more than you would here on the CF, then you are still losing money.

Last edited by Y2KRoadster; 07-25-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:59 PM
kufan121
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL @ 0% You obviously don't know how buying cars work. I'd love to be the salesman to gross off of you. I would enjoy humbling you after you realized what happened. Good luck buddy
Old 07-25-2015, 11:28 PM
2003Evo
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Banks dont care what you believe on, they are out there to make money. I dont care who you know and how much money you have, if you finance a used car you will never ever ever get a 0% interest loan. Whats in it for the bank? The dealer DOESNT loan you the money but a bank does. Also i do agree that with todays used car market you can get anywhere from 2-6% rate depending on the year of the vehicle, but at the end if you really want the car go for it.
The best banks i have dealt with getting loans are credit unions, go to one, get the cashiers check and walk into the dealer. Choosing the right bank for your loan is based on the dealer, usually big dealerships use common big name banks (chase, charter one, bank of america..ect..). I usually walk in the dealer, get a final price then go and get a cashiers check at my local credit union I usually deal with, and get really good rates.
Hope this helps
Old 07-26-2015, 01:16 AM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

Originally Posted by Y2KRoadster
So, by your logic, if the dealer agrees to 0% interest and leaves the list price alone, then you will actually lose money. Any dealer slapping an asking price of 40K on ANY car will come off it more than $800 bucks.

The other guy is right, you will not find ANY dealer that will give you 0% interest unless the car is maybe 1 year old...and the C6 is about to be 3 years old. Bottom line...the dealer will knock money off the list price, but he is not going to give you 0% interest. Why don't you just deal in the list price to make up for the difference in interest? It's all the same in the end. Also remember, you are still getting any kind of loan through a bank...whether directly or indirectly. A bank is not going to fork over 0% on a used car...there is nothing in it for them. They get a portion of the interest charge. When dealers offer 0%, their company backs the difference and it's financed through their bank backed company (GMAC, Ford, etc).

Good luck in your search and definitely post up if a dealer actually will do this.

EDIT: Another thing to consider is this. You can find an H/C/I Z06 on here for much cheaper than a dealership. So, for arguments sake, if you get your 0% on a car at a dealership, but pay 3000 more than you would here on the CF, then you are still losing money.

This is correct. I will pay closer to the dealers asking price in order to get the 0% loan. It's a matter of principle to me. I have never dealt with interest, and never will. I don't want to get into it anymore, as this thread is getting very off topic already.

Originally Posted by kufan121
LOL @ 0% You obviously don't know how buying cars work. I'd love to be the salesman to gross off of you. I would enjoy humbling you after you realized what happened. Good luck buddy
As long as it meets my requirements, you can "gross" off me all you want. Dealerships love a customer like me - I realize the BANK is the one providing the loan. I am offering to purchase a car from the dealer under the terms that they will pay the interest on it, not me.

Last edited by whtcanbrwnd04u; 07-26-2015 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Q427
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering if not paying interest is due to a religious belief ? I have a few friends who do the same.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:10 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

Originally Posted by Q427
Just wondering if not paying interest is due to a religious belief ? I have a few friends who do the same.
It is. I have never even gotten a loan before, but i've spoke with a handful of friends who are in the auto industry and have told me that the dealer will work it out to where i am not paying the interest.

Would a dealership rather lower the car price by 3-4k or pay my $800 interest?
Old 07-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Kerns
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

It is. I have never even gotten a loan before, but i've spoke with a handful of friends who are in the auto industry and have told me that the dealer will work it out to where i am not paying the interest.

Would a dealership rather lower the car price by 3-4k or pay my $800 interest?
I don't think you understand how the car business works. I realize this is totally off topic from trying to find a good used Z06, but I can't help but throw in my two cents. Even if you found a 40k car, put down 20k, and financed the remainder of the 20k at 3.99% for 72 months you would pay about 2500$ in interest. A dealership that you somehow manage to talk into paying the interest for you so you would be effectively at 0% interest wouldn't be paying 800$ but closer to 2500$.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:15 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kerns
I don't think you understand how the car business works. I realize this is totally off topic from trying to find a good used Z06, but I can't help but throw in my two cents. Even if you found a 40k car, put down 20k, and financed the remainder of the 20k at 3.99% for 72 months you would pay about 2500$ in interest. A dealership that you somehow manage to talk into paying the interest for you so you would be effectively at 0% interest wouldn't be paying 800$ but closer to 2500$.

Not sure how you got the $2500 number. I originally gathered that 4% of $20,000 would be $800. Just used an online "auto loan" calculater and it shows about $1250 for a 36 month loan. (I will have it paid off in 24)

Either way, most dealerships will almost instantly take $1250 off an asking price. My buddy just bought a used Altima and got close to $5k off the asking price. I understand the whole 0% thing sounds outrageous to a lot of you but i'm sure you guys have never tried what i am doing. You lose money doing it in the long run. I am okay with that.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:14 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by kufan121
There is only way I know of buying a used vehicle interest free.

Wait for it

CASH BUYER .............
Old 08-01-2015, 05:16 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

Originally Posted by RidgeRunner0207
There is only way I know of buying a used vehicle interest free.

Wait for it

CASH BUYER .............

Thanks for the bump.

Still looking. Car doesn't have to be at a dealer anymore. Any 08 H/C TX cars? Under 40k miles preferred. Under $40k. No yellow

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Z06 at dealer w/ HCI (TX)

Quick Reply: WTB: Z06 at dealer w/ HCI (TX)