Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2006 Z51 Monterey red convertible F/S

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:22 PM
2HD's2vettes
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Default 2006 Z51 Monterey red convertible F/S

sold

Last edited by 2HD's2vettes; 08-01-2015 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:35 AM
firstvette99
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

whats your price on the forum.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:44 AM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Great looking car but you are required to post a sales price by forum rules
Old 07-26-2015, 07:56 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,570 Likes on 1,615 Posts

2. eBay links to promote/aid a sale
For a long time, Corvetteforum has prohibited links to eBay auctions and other auction sites. The rule was implemented at the request of Forum users who said they didn’t want to have to compete with eBay buyers when a car was listed for sale here.

We have always allowed eBay links when they were used to point people toward an interesting or amusing sale.

The rule eBay links, however, has created a lot of confusion and misunderstanding on the part of site users and moderators, particularly since Google now buys space on the Forum and sometimes re-sells it to eBay.

So, for now, the rule prohibiting links to eBay and other auction sites will be rescinded and we’ll monitor the situation to see how it evolves.

There is a difference between selling something on Corvetteforum and auctioning things on eBay or another auction site. If you want to sell your car or parts on the Forum, post a detailed description, as always.

If you want to auction your car or parts on eBay, then post a link to the auction and people interested can get the details on that site. If you have a “buy it now” price on your eBay auction, you may post that with your eBay link.

We allow sales at Corvetteforum, but not auctions, so we want to avoid co-mingling the Forum sale and eBay auction of the same car or parts.

One note worth visiting: If you have a dispute involving an eBay auction, please use the eBay dispute process to address that issue, as Forum moderators are not in a position to intervene on your behalf.

You can post an unresolved dispute thread if you have a bad transaction on eBay, but the thread will serve only the purpose of alerting other Forum members to be cautious of the seller you had issues with on eBay.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:15 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

i see no mention of a hardtop. Being away from Corvettes for a few decades, I'm not even certain they were included with the soft top model, so forgive the ignorance.

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:25 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GreenGA
i see no mention of a hardtop. Being away from Corvettes for a few decades, I'm not even certain they were included with the soft top model, so forgive the ignorance.

Thanks.
40 Years since the last year that GM offered the removable hardtop option for the vette convert was the 1975 model year.

C07 Auxiliary Hardtop (convert.) $267 2,407
Old 07-27-2015, 12:54 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Thanks for the update. I was thinking about driving in the winter months up here in the northern climes.

Originally Posted by RJRSW
40 Years since the last year that GM offered the removable hardtop option for the vette convert was the 1975 model year.

C07 Auxiliary Hardtop (convert.) $267 2,407
Old 08-01-2015, 10:16 AM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

I see you now have some pretty nice bids with the auction nearly over on eBay. That is the best place to sell clean low mileage vettes and I have had very good luck selling mine there very quickly. That is a very good offer for a 2006 2LT convert with no HUD, power top or nav so you did well. The great photos and the cars colors are very enticing when people get a chance to see them.

Something to keep in mind, all bids made in the eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding so the deal is not done till you have cash in hand. I never had any problem getting paid but my sales were all done with the buy in now with the make offer option so I got a chance to weed out the flakey offers.

"Non-binding bid policy

Policy overview

A non-binding bid is a bid that shows a buyer's interest in purchasing an item, but it doesn't create a formal contract between the buyer and the seller.

All bids made in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding.

Remember, bids placed in any other category are a legal commitment to purchase the item. We strongly encourage you to read the other terms for more information.

Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, you may be subject to a range of actions, including listing removal, limits on your buying and selling privileges, and suspension of your account."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...nding-bid.html
Old 08-01-2015, 10:38 AM
2HD's2vettes
Burning Brakes

I see you now have some pretty nice bids with the auction nearly over on eBay. That is the best place to sell clean low mileage vettes and I have had very good luck selling mine there very quickly. That is a very good offer for a 2006 2LT convert with no HUD, power top or nav so you did well. The great photos and the cars colors are very enticing when people get a chance to see them.

Something to keep in mind, all bids made in the eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding so the deal is not done till you have cash in hand. I never had any problem getting paid but my sales were all done with the buy in now with the make offer option so I got a chance to weed out the flakey offers.

"Non-binding bid policy

Policy overview

A non-binding bid is a bid that shows a buyer's interest in purchasing an item, but it doesn't create a formal contract between the buyer and the seller.

All bids made in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding.

Remember, bids placed in any other category are a legal commitment to purchase the item. We strongly encourage you to read the other terms for more information.

Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, you may be subject to a range of actions, including listing removal, limits on your buying and selling privileges, and suspension of your account."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...nding-bid.html

I agree, and I am pleased with the bid, with maybe a little room to go a bit higher, if not, I am more than fine with where it sits. I too have had all good transactions on Ebay. Sold several boats, bikes, and cars. Crossing fingers they have all been super smooth cash transactions. One couple came down from W.V. on a 54k boat. We live in the country, so no close hotels. They stayed the night at our home, we went out to dinner and a few drinks together. The rest of the night him and I looked over the boat in detail and shared boating and fishing stories. They left the next morning, and we were all good friends when it was finished. I have probably sold 250k+ of fairly high ticker items on Ebay, the key is a ton of pics and detail. We also honestly take care of "toys" on a meticulous level.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:15 AM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 2HD's2vettes
I agree, and I am pleased with the bid, with maybe a little room to go a bit higher, if not, I am more than fine with where it sits. I too have had all good transactions on Ebay. Sold several boats, bikes, and cars. Crossing fingers they have all been super smooth cash transactions. One couple came down from W.V. on a 54k boat. We live in the country, so no close hotels. They stayed the night at our home, we went out to dinner and a few drinks together. The rest of the night him and I looked over the boat in detail and shared boating and fishing stories. They left the next morning, and we were all good friends when it was finished. I have probably sold 250k+ of fairly high ticker items on Ebay, the key is a ton of pics and detail. We also honestly take care of "toys" on a meticulous level.
It is funny how some of the people I sold vettes to on there stayed in contact with me for long after the sale. I sold my 2001 convert to a guy in MO and twice during the first year after the sale he emailed me and thanked me again for selling him the car.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:06 PM
2HD's2vettes
Burning Brakes

It is funny how some of the people I sold vettes to on there stayed in contact with me for long after the sale. I sold my 2001 convert to a guy in MO and twice during the first year after the sale he emailed me and thanked me again for selling him the car.
I sold a 31 Jupiter center console (on THT forum - the hull truth) He came all the way from Ct. He also stayed the night at the house, paid cash, and had the boat delivered to Ct. by a boat transport co. We still talk very often 2 years later about the boat and all the improvements he's done, he sends pics of the family. It was a 2000 model that had sat for 8+ years because the owner broke his neck, I did a lot of work to her, and she ended up looking like a new boat. The new owner has since gone crazy with high-end electronics. It was cool to see a beautiful boat be brought back from the dead and a family able to enjoy her.

Before and after

Old 08-01-2015, 02:48 PM
bh747
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06, '07, '13, '15

Good sale price for a great car! Congrats to the both of you!
Old 08-01-2015, 06:17 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Congrats on getting $37,200 on eBay.

Makes me wonder how much I could get on there now if I put my 2007 LMB 3LT Z51 convert with every available option that just turned 12k miles. What am I saying, I like it too much to even think about selling it.

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 Z51 Monterey red convertible F/S

Quick Reply: 2006 Z51 Monterey red convertible F/S