Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

"Buyer Beware" Lynn Smith Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 08:32 PM
SgtRod
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Dealers are full if shiz and that will be what kills most manufacturers next. The slimey employees (not all).

I constantly see new cars that look like badly used cars. Saw a z28 with DENTS on the show room floor (not dings). So I point them out to the sales kid..when he saw how many there were, instead of realizing something is wrong...he says, "its not a ferrari".

What a punk. No pride in their job, brand or country. What does it say about him that hes not working at "ferrari" if thats what he deems the best.

Another z28 today in another show room floor with baaaad marring on the paint.

You can tell I was shopping for a z28...but the camaro game is a dangerous one.

I was offered $28k on my fully loaded 1LE that I paid $47,500 for just 11 mo ago.

And to the OP...$30k for an 08 is not a great deal..especially if needs a "repair".

You will find another.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:37 PM
zrracer
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 137 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '11, '14

i have a friend who bought a new Z28 for 20 0/0 off.
Hope that helps.

Robin
Old 10-27-2015, 10:09 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zrracer
i have a friend who bought a new Z28 for 20 0/0 off.
Hope that helps.

Robin
What does 20 0/0 off mean?
Old 10-27-2015, 10:17 PM
Floridasky
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Mishandled for sure and should have made it right, no matter what they say. Thanks for the poor practice heads up about Lynn Smith Chevy.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:55 PM
zrracer
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 137 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '11, '14

I was trying to say 20 percent off.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:42 PM
sfrank2886
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

Thing is The online pictures where accurate unlike his comment. I sat in the sales managers office and negotiated the price. He stood firm on his online price and we shook hands on the deal. I walk over to the salesmans desk to write up my deposit check and all of a sudden there is a problem with the price. You would think that the sales manager would know his inventory and pricing.

At the very least the sales manager should have had the ***** to call me and apologize!

Last thing, if his inventory is so large you would think that they would have a better system in place to make sure this type of thing does not happen.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:26 AM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
Default w

Sad thing is this stuff happens all the time, Why?
Because they get away with it.
Truth is their thieves, I wouldn't buy a bag of popcorn from this company! I hope that all the members of this forum, that lives 500 mi from this Dealership let's everyone know how shady they are and they them selves stay away. When this goes around the gossip train, they'll wish they would have gave you that overpriced Corvette. The quickest thing you can do is complain on every media forum you can think of, like yelp and so on. It does hurt them. A lot of people read those forums before they buy, trust me, I do!

Last edited by yellowmnm; 11-22-2015 at 12:39 AM. Reason: forgot
Old 11-22-2015, 02:02 AM
ZR1OUS
Burning Brakes

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowmnm
Sad thing is this stuff happens all the time, Why?
Because they get away with it.
Truth is their thieves, I wouldn't buy a bag of popcorn from this company! I hope that all the members of this forum, that lives 500 mi from this Dealership let's everyone know how shady they are and they them selves stay away. When this goes around the gossip train, they'll wish they would have gave you that overpriced Corvette. The quickest thing you can do is complain on every media forum you can think of, like yelp and so on. It does hurt them. A lot of people read those forums before they buy, trust me, I do!
+1000 So many stories like this
Old 11-22-2015, 07:43 AM
Elba Mike
Safety Car

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

While I'm way to poor for a C6, I always read this kind of post. It reminds me to share bad business practices to warn others, and more importantly, to share good ones. Word of mouth is still the best guide, even if it's typed.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:15 PM
EBZ0Sick
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Elba Mike
I always read this kind of post. It reminds me to share bad business practices to warn others, and more importantly, to share good ones. Word of mouth is still the best guide, even if it's typed.
This.

Over the years I've steered countless clients and family members (including my fiance) away from Weseloh Chevrolet here in North County San Diego due to their shady business practices and absolutely terrible service technicians.

Those clowns have literally brought me someone else's 'vette after taking mine in for service........TWICE! Service writer also told me once that I had a "problematic bad year" for my C6 and that I should look at buying a newer one with the LS3.

Total clown show over there.

Last edited by EBZ0Sick; 11-23-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

I got an email price on a Cadillac SRX. I go down to do the deal and all of a sudden that price was a "typo" in the email! I accused them of bait & switch before storming out of there!
And they had a very good reputation prior to this.
Gold Coast Cadillac in Oakhurst,NJ.

Ron
Old 11-23-2015, 11:27 PM
Skanlez
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This sucks, sorry you went through this. This dealership should be given bad reviews on yelp for sure.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:45 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Dealer is pitiful. At that point they should just suck up the mistake and move on. You don't renegotiate the price after it is agreed upon for either side or in a dealer's case raise the price when someone is seriously interested in it.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Skanlez
Racer

I agree with phil, once a price is agreed on then it should be set. This happened to me recently when I came into agreement with a price on a vehicle that was out of state. When I was at the airport about to fly out, the dealer changes the agreed price on me. So that was a total loss on my end cause the changed price was like a few grand more.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:12 PM
Ajaste
-----
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
You don't renegotiate the price after it is agreed upon for either side or in a dealer's case raise the price when someone is seriously interested in it.
- unless you're totally unscrupulous and/or don't give a rat's *** about your customers.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:41 PM
scotzz
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a 2005 Convertible from a local dealer in July. Prior to checking it out sales guy told me the price twice (once over the phone and then in person) and another sales woman told me the same price as well. So I take the car for a test drive, it runs great, is really clean and say I am interested. Sales guy then tried to tell me that the price is really $4000 higher. I told him no way and we can start negotiating from the original quoted price or I can continue looking elsewhere. He backed down pretty quickly.

Last edited by scotzz; 12-01-2015 at 03:47 PM. Reason: sp
Old 12-01-2015, 09:30 PM
Skanlez
Racer

Originally Posted by scotzz
I bought a 2005 Convertible from a local dealer in July. Prior to checking it out sales guy told me the price twice (once over the phone and then in person) and another sales woman told me the same price as well. So I take the car for a test drive, it runs great, is really clean and say I am interested. Sales guy then tried to tell me that the price is really $4000 higher. I told him no way and we can start negotiating from the original quoted price or I can continue looking elsewhere. He backed down pretty quickly.
Wow, that's bad business.

Get notified of new replies

To "Buyer Beware" Lynn Smith Chevrolet

Old 12-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Ajaste
-----
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Skanlez
Wow, that's bad business.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:22 PM
J.J.D.O.
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by EBZ0Sick

Those clowns have literally brought me someone else's 'vette after taking mine in for service........TWICE!

Total clown show over there.
Too funny.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:40 AM
ZR1OUS
Burning Brakes

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by J.J.D.O.
Too funny.
Bet you wouldnt think it was too funny if it was your car they gave him

Quick Reply: "Buyer Beware" Lynn Smith Chevrolet