Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WANTED - Atomic ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 01:24 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 114 Posts
Default WANTED - Atomic ZR1

I know this is a long shot.........I know I am probably not the only person out there with a quest to get one.

I have missed three of them by hours the past 12 months, one car I missed getting in July and missed it again just last week as it came back up for sale.

If anyone has one now, or knows where one is, and knows who that owner is, would please PM me and I will pay you a $1,000 finders fee if I get the car from you getting me into the deal/contact with the seller.

I am tired of finding them and then missing them, it seems like I miss them by a few hours and I know I could buy any other color, and at some point I will have to just bite the bullet and settle for another color, but for now I am not ready to give in and buy another color.

Unless someone has one they need to get rid of..........no Black, no Silver, NO YELLOW at all

I can do a large portion of the purchase in CASH $$100$$ Bills if need be.

Help a brother out !!!!

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 11-25-2015 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:16 PM
AtomicBob
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

In my YEARS of searching for corvettes I have stumbled across 2 AO zr1s. Both were 10k more than other similar zr1's in different colors. I think there has only been 35 of them ever made and the current owners know this and ask a premium because of it. Definately the best c6 color in my opinion. Goodluck. I'm sure your patience will pay off.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:22 AM
Alanbdot
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you decide you could settle for an AO Z06 with a Ti Trim Vortech, along with all the other bolt on goodies making around 800whp, let me know. Ive been toying with the idea of trying a different platform. Car was built by a very reputable and popular builder. PM me.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:54 AM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

I already own a 2009/AO/2LZ/Z06

I wanted the ZR1 to put next to it.

I am not willing to give up just yet, and yes I know they command a premium, I tried to drive the price of the one I found out of the reach of the "other buyer", but the dealer actually was honorable, even though they turned down a substantially higher offer from a ( myself ) cash buyer.

I could have overnighted a check and been there in 6 hours with my enclosed trailer and picked it up, but again, some dealers only care about money and some only care about their reputation.

I have missed these cars so many times by just hours it gets to be frustrating.

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 11-26-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:56 AM
ylo73z
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are only like 26 in the country ...I was looking and looking as well . Last one I found was on ebay with 14k miles on it ...best of luck ..I but the bullet and just bought a white one .
Old 11-26-2015, 10:01 AM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

The "buyer" of the one I just missed was lucky that the dealer gave him the time to secure his loan, most dealers will kick a harder deal to the curb in favor of a CASH buyer as its an easier process for them.

I almost ran his clock out, he had until Monday at 4:00 pm to get his paperwork and bank check or else the car was mine.

They turned down $6K more from me to honor the deal with the other "buyer"
Old 11-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Fly'n Family
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RidgeRunner0207

They turned down $6K more from me to honor the deal with the other "buyer"
Sounds like a good, reputable dealer to me.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:11 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Originally Posted by Fly'n Family
Sounds like a good, reputable dealer to me.
Yeah, they were for sure, they did give the first "Buyer" a set time and date and get his loan and docs and check back to them.

I put enormous pressure on them to try to break the deal and if the other buyer had not come thru on Monday it was going to be sold to me.

The "black", "cyber grey" and "red" ones are always "for sale" and always around, they are for lack of a better term " a dime a dozen".

The few really rare colors, and or low production colors are what interest me, that and the Atomic is my favorite C6 color anyway.

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 11-27-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:46 AM
7.0Ltrs of Love
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

may i ask what you budget is on this?
Old 11-29-2015, 10:03 AM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

It depends on owners/mileage.

I want an AO/ZR1, but with all of the 2010-2013 ZR1's for sale now (+50) online I can probably get more car for my $$$$ by settling for another color/year.

The car I missed in July could have been purchased for $64K with 1670 miles, I missed it again last week with 3800 miles for $69K.

I can buy any number of other colors for between $64K-$75K

I have searched and searched and most of the AO/ZR1's are over 12k miles now, once any ZR1 hits 15k miles the price/value drops significantly.

So my budget is within that range and again, I am not paying a premium price for a 15K mile 3 or 4 owner car, I would rather buy a under 4k mile car then.

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 11-29-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:12 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

So I have to ask, after you have completely admitted to trying to screw someone out of their dream car what makes you think anyone is going to be nice enough to help you find your dream car? You met an old friend of ours, her name is Karma. Good luck with that...
The following 2 users liked this post by SpeedyD:
DavidJ1_99 (11-30-2015), Z2Z (11-30-2015)
Old 11-29-2015, 05:50 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
So I have to ask, after you have completely admitted to trying to screw someone out of their dream car what makes you think anyone is going to be nice enough to help you find your dream car? You met an old friend of ours, her name is Karma. Good luck with that...
I used to live in CT, how is Dannel doing up there, still screwing that state to death ????

The dealer stated nothing was final until they got the paperwork and a check, talk to car dealers some time that sit on cars for a week or two waiting for a guy to get financing and then have them back out or not get bought by a bank, or better yet ask around here how many sellers have had cars not sell because someone could not get financing after they played the waiting game or because their car didn't sell and they lost out on possible sales from another member here.

I guess maybe you would wait around for weeks while a cash buyer stands there just because your a nice guy, but too many times I was the nice guy when selling an item/car and the first guy that came to look at it said yeah, I will take it, and then guess what, I passed on people with CASH money same day that wanted to see it, and I wound up getting burned !

So yeah, KARMA and I know each other well...........and I have had several people contact me already with other cars of interest, so if Karma is a bitch then she is my bitch I guess.

I am sure I will find one, if not I will buy something else.

But I do thank you for your incite and your concern for me.

I hope you and Karma have a date in the near future as well.

CASH is always King, anyone who does not go after what they want is never going to get it. You think everyone who has gotten what they want or where they want did not trample the weak at some point ??

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 11-29-2015 at 05:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
7.0Ltrs of Love (11-30-2015)
Old 11-29-2015, 08:56 PM
colanut
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I used to live in CT, how is Dannel doing up there, still screwing that state to death ????

The dealer stated nothing was final until they got the paperwork and a check, talk to car dealers some time that sit on cars for a week or two waiting for a guy to get financing and then have them back out or not get bought by a bank, or better yet ask around here how many sellers have had cars not sell because someone could not get financing after they played the waiting game or because their car didn't sell and they lost out on possible sales from another member here.

I guess maybe you would wait around for weeks while a cash buyer stands there just because your a nice guy, but too many times I was the nice guy when selling an item/car and the first guy that came to look at it said yeah, I will take it, and then guess what, I passed on people with CASH money same day that wanted to see it, and I wound up getting burned !

So yeah, KARMA and I know each other well...........and I have had several people contact me already with other cars of interest, so if Karma is a bitch then she is my bitch I guess.

CASH is always King, anyone who does not go after what they want is never going to get it. You think everyone who has gotten what they want or where they want did not trample the weak at some point ??

You must be The Donald.
The following users liked this post:
RidgeRunner0207 (11-30-2015)
Old 11-30-2015, 05:11 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Malloy is the worst thing that has happened to this state, I can't wait to get out of here.

No one says not to go after what you want. Trying to offer more money to get a dealer to back out of a deal with another customer so you can get what you want, well that's just being a scumbag but you seem to be OK with that after your comment about trampling the weak.
For someone who thinks they are smart and motivated you missed the lesson here. You lost, cash isn't always King. You tried to make cash king and you're poor morals were beaten back by what all too often isn't king, good morals and business practices. I'm glad the dealership did the right thing and maybe someday you will see the light.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:25 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Again, I have bought and sold many items, the fact is a 7 year old car with a price tag of $69K is the reason so many of these cars do not get sold, many buyers want what they cannot have, even if they put a deposit a dealer will only hold it for so long.

Not everyone has the means to buy one pre-owned prvately, the reason I put enormous pressure on the dealer was to expedite the inevitable, either he gets his ducks in a row and gets the car or doesn't.

Sorry you don't like my tactics, but I looked for a long time and missed it once in July, I was going to make sure I did everything I could to not miss it again if possible.

I know the all in price the buyer paid before financing as he paid shipping, tax, tag, doc fee, it was $75K before finance charges, that is a lot of money to be at for even an AO/ZR1 and then add in I am guessing $5k-$7K in interest.

Just so you know I am not a total scumbag, I offered to put $5k down on his behalf on one of three other ZR1's in stock at that dealer if he would back out willingly, but the paperwork was already processed so it would not have worked, and he could have gotten a $5k gift from me for just walking away.

So before you call me a scumbag I actually did try to be a nice guy as well.

In the end, I have found a few other interesting ZR1's that my $70K can be better spent on anyway.

Don't wait to long to leave CT, I register anything I buy down here regardless of price for $300 sales tax and $39 for tags and title.

Enjoy looking at your vette until next April or May, that is all the buyer will be doing in Michigan with his.

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 11-30-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:41 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Again, I have bought and sold many items, the fact is a 7 year old car with a price tag of $69K is the reason so many of these cars do not get sold, many buyers want what they cannot have, even if they put a deposit a dealer will only hold it for so long.

Not everyone has the means to buy one pre-owned prvately, the reason I put enormous pressure on the dealer was to expedite the inevitable, either he gets his ducks in a row and gets the car or doesn't.

Sorry you don't like my tactics, but I looked for a long time and missed it once in July, I was going to make sure I did everything I could to not miss it again if possible.

I know the all in price the buyer paid before financing as he paid shipping, tax, tag, doc fee, it was $75K before finance charges, that is a lot of money to be at for even an AO/ZR1 and then add in I am guessing $5k-$7K in interest.

Just so you know I am not a total scumbag, I offered to put $5k down on his behalf on one of three other ZR1's in stock at that dealer if he would back out willingly, but the paperwork was already processed so it would not have worked, and he could have gotten a $5k gift from me for just walking away.

So before you call me a scumbag I actually did try to be a nice guy as well.

In the end, I have found a few other interesting ZR1's that my $70K can be better spent on anyway.

Don't wait to long to leave CT, I register anything I buy down here regardless of price for $300 sales tax and $39 for tags and title.

Enjoy looking at your vette until next April or May, that is all the buyer will be doing in Michigan with his.
Hey guys, I'll take one of those dime a dozen black ones.

Been shopping a couple months now, made a few offers, yadayada.

z06 or zr1 13/12/11 low miles, you know the drill. Don't need to sell my car, ask my wife, need a bank.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:05 PM
7.0Ltrs of Love
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

It depends on owners/mileage.

I want an AO/ZR1, but with all of the 2010-2013 ZR1's for sale now (+50) online I can probably get more car for my $$$$ by settling for another color/year.

The car I missed in July could have been purchased for $64K with 1670 miles, I missed it again last week with 3800 miles for $69K.

I can buy any number of other colors for between $64K-$75K

I have searched and searched and most of the AO/ZR1's are over 12k miles now, once any ZR1 hits 15k miles the price/value drops significantly.

So my budget is within that range and again, I am not paying a premium price for a 15K mile 3 or 4 owner car, I would rather buy a under 4k mile car then.

that price is def a STEAL! theres a really nice one on ebay i think but listed at premium price $84xxx with what i would consider "high miles" for a ZR1... 20xxx... cant lie though the car is absolutely GORGEOUS! i only go for black cars but i too would take an AOM if i could...sorry might have some competition here
Old 11-30-2015, 09:20 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Originally Posted by 7.0Ltrs of Love
that price is def a STEAL! theres a really nice one on ebay i think but listed at premium price $84xxx with what i would consider "high miles" for a ZR1... 20xxx... cant lie though the car is absolutely GORGEOUS! i only go for black cars but i too would take an AOM if i could...sorry might have some competition here
I have abandoned the quest for now, I have until 12-30-15 to get rid of $100K, bad problem I have I guess, my accountant told me I have to make a capitol expense before the end of the year.

Its either a 427/vert or a 2010 or newer ZR1.

It was fun for 15 month looking, then it started to really suck missing them, so in the end fate as it is I will be buying something else before end of the year.

A 2015 Fatboy two weeks ago was a consolation prize for missing the AO/ZR1.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:24 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Co...-/281868902575

Its Inferno, Jeff aka "Glenn Quagmire" had a better one for a lot less, I was in the middle of my house sale in CT and final move to SC or I would have bought his.

Get notified of new replies

To WANTED - Atomic ZR1

Quick Reply: WANTED - Atomic ZR1