Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Just checked the z06 values on kbb

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 04:33 PM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtRod
So when something priced well shows up, you buy it and then post it at a higher price?

Or

You purposely beat the hell out of it and screw the next auto enthusiast like yourself?

Win-win...never buy a car from this guy
I've done and do both... But I don't purposely screw anyone. I just get my money worth out of something. And give the guys looking for a cheap car something to buy.

I sold my other z06 for 23k so it's not like I ask an outrageous price for something that's beat up and not the cleanest car on the market..

There are plenty of other guys on here that can sell you a car on the opposite end of the price/value spectrum. And then lots of cars in between I'm sure.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:39 PM
HouseS2k
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackonblacksls
Also it's funny when guys complain about mods add no value..

But for the same price as a stock car want all these mods to be included.

If we worked out a sale price on a highly modded car, and I took all the stuff off and replaced with factory parts, would you expect to have to pay the same price??
No one said mods don't add value. They simply don't add the cost of the parts and labor on top of the cars value. You would be unwise to think you are going to make back what you put in.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:44 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackonblacksls
All the guys complain about seller pricing make me laugh.

Y'all continue to wait, and want, and hope, and wish about buying a corvette.

I'll just look out the window at the grand sport, z06 and zr1 I have parked in front of the house...

If the seller price isn't in your range. Just move on. Don't waste time with stupid low ball offers..

Also it's funny when guys complain about mods add no value..

But for the same price as a stock car want all these mods to be included.

If we worked out a sale price on a highly modded car, and I took all the stuff off and replaced with factory parts, would you expect to have to pay the same price??
and why are they complaining about the prices, if that's what kbb says they are worth and they believe it, there must be many out there at that price, go buy one of them
The following users liked this post:
yellowmnm (05-07-2016)
Old 01-26-2016, 09:02 PM
ELEFUNTMAN
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

From what I have seen here on the forum the members price their cars fairly. A lot depends on what part of the country you are in, never fails the one you want is far away or to far north (Canada) for us US buyers. Actually there have been some great deals here compared to local sales online or craigslist.
I just sold one of mine on the LA area craigslist, priced it low so I received a ton of calls and even lower LOWBALL offers, I wasn't desperate, just offered a super clean, honest Z06, first guy that actually showed up received a great deal, handed me cash on site, he got a great car.

I only sold it to buy one listed here, I just can't figure out how to get it from the great white north (Canada).

Turns out I'm in California, appears the replacement I have found is in North Carolina! A nice drive is in my future!

So they are out there, book wise kbb seems to be the highest, Edmonds, and black book the lowest. You just have to be realistic, you can't have what's not available.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:17 AM
teghogh
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Somhaving said all that how much a 3 owner black 07 z with 22k miles should be priced at? The owner wants 37 , kbb say 33-35k
Old 01-27-2016, 07:14 AM
sw07gt
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see plenty of c6's for sale for a good price, they sell. I see some that are over priced and they don't move. I have noticed that as the 06-07 Z06's come down in price people arent wanting to lower the base models accordingly. I don't know who would pay 30k for a base when you could get a nice z06 for 32-35k.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:31 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I see plenty of c6's for sale for a good price, they sell. I see some that are over priced and they don't move. I have noticed that as the 06-07 Z06's come down in price people arent wanting to lower the base models accordingly. I don't know who would pay 30k for a base when you could get a nice z06 for 32-35k.
There are plenty of reasons why the spread could shrink. The base and Z really appeal to different folks; if the group that wants what the Z delivers (good and bad) is shrinking a bit then it should not be a surprise.

However, I'm not sure there are too many base LS2's going for $30K in any event -- so base owners are getting the message, albeit reluctantly...
Yaupon (01-27-2016)
Old 01-27-2016, 04:58 PM
bornloser_182
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a few people believe that the KBB value does not mean anything and if that is the case what do you guys recommend as an independent party at which to set the sale price. Does anyone know what most car dealers use to set the asking price?
Old 01-27-2016, 06:00 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by bornloser_182
Does anyone know what most car dealers use to set the asking price?
Judging by the dealer prices I've seen, whim. They are all over the map just like private sellers.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:06 PM
Sledge Hammer
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 214 Posts

The right price is simply what a seller is willing to sell for and a buyer is willing to pay. The books are merely guides. With as many Corvettes that are for sale, it is not particularly hard to tell what is a good value and what is not. Two vehicles of the same age and have the same equipment could be thousands of dollars difference in value just due to the way they were taken care of. It amazes me how many people complain about pricing of vehicles on this forum, but keep looking here just the same. If all of the forum cars are overpriced, just go buy one from those that are asking a lower price. It is like any other commodity. Supply and demand. If you want it bad enough, you will pay the price.
Fabio-Z06 (04-21-2016)
Old 01-27-2016, 06:36 PM
Yaupon
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by jcsperson
Judging by the dealer prices I've seen, whim. They are all over the map just like private sellers.
Agreed! Locally here in SE NC, one dealer's asking price on a base C6 coupe gets you maybe a MY '08 or '09, whereas another dealer you are looking at MY '11 or '12.

P.S. Love your avatar BTW!
Old 01-27-2016, 07:38 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Yaupon
Agreed! Locally here in SE NC, one dealer's asking price on a base C6 coupe gets you maybe a MY '08 or '09, whereas another dealer you are looking at MY '11 or '12.

P.S. Love your avatar BTW!
Thanks. I love fast planes and fast cars. Even my dog is fast.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:53 AM
SyberSaint
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Very nice thread for future buyers...
Old 01-28-2016, 10:51 AM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 114 Posts

Bottom line is this, you can either be a seller and hold out for the highest price you can get, you still keep paying every month to insure it, if you are not driving it then you are not enjoying it, if you do not enjoy because you are worried the value is going to drop you are an idiot, you should have never bought it to begin with because you are losing money.

If you are a buyer hoping to get a mint condition, low mileage, garage kept Z06 for the price of a base LS2 or LS3 you are a pipe dreamer and will never own a vette because unless you want a salvage title or accident blemished car the price is going to be what it is.

If you want one of these you will have to pay for what its worth, not what someone wants or what someone thinks its worth, what its worth to you.

I cannot for the life of me understand some people that buy these, do they want it just to have it ? Or they want it to actually drive it ? If they drive it then they get to enjoy it, if they don't want to put miles on it and diminish the value then buy a picture of one.

There is always a desperate seller or dealer, you just have to be willing to travel and be ready to buy.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:23 AM
SyberSaint
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RidgeRunner0207
Its is a very simple thing to me pricing a car.

1) How bad does the seller want or need to sell
2) How bad does the buyer want that car for sale
3) What is the current market

Current market is two things, reality, which is all that matters and fantasy which is where 90% of CF owners place the value of their C6 or whatever they are selling.

Just because you only looked at it, started it once a week and never drove it and kept it on a battery minder and under a cover does not mean it's worth what you think it is.

You can figure that most of these vehicles will never sell at the asking prices on here, and when they do the price gets dropped and dropped and dropped until it sells.

General rule of thumb, is they will sell for 60% of their retail "NEW" Value at 3 years old, then drop 5% every year after that minimum regardless of mileage.

So a brand new Z06 in 2010 that probably stickered at $82K using 30% in the first three and 5% every year after that should list/sell for around $45K give or take a little on mileage and if the heads are done.

These are non-cash bearing depreciating assets as my accountant calls them, they are not rare like L88/427's or '63 SWC's are.

They are mass produced, the older they get the lower their value goes, so drive them, if you want to just look at them get a picture of one and hang it in your garage.

Every day you don't drive one is one less day you get to drive one !

Would you say that is the general rule for all Corvettes, or just Zs? I will be interested in a GS later on in the year..

v/r
Dale
Old 01-28-2016, 11:31 AM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 114 Posts

Most car values drop at the same rate, unless its an exotic high value car, which these are really nice but not on a level of exotic like some Italian Sports Cars are valued.

The less rare and more common something is the less valuable it is.

I know when I find a 2009 AO/ZR1 I am going to have to pay more than what a Black or Red or Silver one will cost because its that rare to find one ( 35 made )

Most of the time that formula will work on most cars for sale, and if you have any doubts just look at what they sell for or not sell for on here.

You will get nice examples here, low mileage, well cared for most of the time, but many "Sellers" here hold out for a high price because the sales tax comes into play when trading in, in SC we have a cap of $300 max sales tax, so for me I have no advantage to sell private or trade, its $300 no matter what.

Dealers will low ball the trade, so sellers I am guessing, they want that low ball trade value from the dealer,plus the sales tax cost savings, plus whatever they can get over that value for a private sale to cover all those items, the higher your sales tax the better the trade in can look as a seller, the lower your sales tax rate is the less likely to trade in is what I would guess is part of the reasons selling prices differ on these.

if I had to pay 8.5% sales tax on a $45K car that would add $3825 to my cost of purchase instead I pay $300 in SC

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 01-28-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:46 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RidgeRunner0207
Bottom line is this, you can either be a seller and hold out for the highest price you can get, you still keep paying every month to insure it, if you are not driving it then you are not enjoying it, if you do not enjoy because you are worried the value is going to drop you are an idiot, you should have never bought it to begin with because you are losing money.

If you are a buyer hoping to get a mint condition, low mileage, garage kept Z06 for the price of a base LS2 or LS3 you are a pipe dreamer and will never own a vette because unless you want a salvage title or accident blemished car the price is going to be what it is.

If you want one of these you will have to pay for what its worth, not what someone wants or what someone thinks its worth, what its worth to you.

I cannot for the life of me understand some people that buy these, do they want it just to have it ? Or they want it to actually drive it ? If they drive it then they get to enjoy it, if they don't want to put miles on it and diminish the value then buy a picture of one.

There is always a desperate seller or dealer, you just have to be willing to travel and be ready to buy.

People always ask me how I get such good deals. Being ready to buy and willing to travel a bit, makes a huge difference.

I'll spend a night driving and buy something I don't really need and wasn't looking for. Just because it's a good deal.

Get notified of new replies

To Just checked the z06 values on kbb

Old 01-29-2016, 11:10 AM
SCALECRAFT
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gents

I am new here and looking to get a Z06 to track. They put down pretty low lap times OEM. I have an OEM 2014 Shelby and I find that guys that know their Z06 can be 3 seconds faster than me. around 70% of the Z06s' at the track do that.

I am thinking of going to our local vette club. Local members are older and the Z06s' there are very well taken care of. They also sell to other members.

Nice group of guys. Even when i pull up in my Shelby.

Steve
Old 01-31-2016, 03:17 PM
Ldc1955
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Corvette Magazine Market Updates better for pricing?

Brand new member here confronted by the pricing reference challenge on a very clean 2008 Convertible with LT3, Z51, a manual trans, and about 20K miles on the clock. Asking price is well over what I see on kbb, edmunds, etc. but from owning and selling 911 and M3 in the past, I found specialty publication price references, like Excellence and its BMW equivalent, were closer to where cars actually trade hands. Any feedback on the buyers guide/market update articles in Corvette Magazine as a relevant reference? If anyone subscribes, I am trying to track down the most recent market update on C6. I found their back issue website but no download of softcopy is offered and I am worried the car in my sights will be gone while I wait six weeks for one to come by mail. If forum members experience is these aren't on target, that would be just as helpful to know. Thanks in advance for any perspective you might share.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:58 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Ldc1955
Brand new member here confronted by the pricing reference challenge on a very clean 2008 Convertible with LT3, Z51, a manual trans, and about 20K miles on the clock. Asking price is well over what I see on kbb, edmunds, etc. but from owning and selling 911 and M3 in the past, I found specialty publication price references, like Excellence and its BMW equivalent, were closer to where cars actually trade hands. Any feedback on the buyers guide/market update articles in Corvette Magazine as a relevant reference? If anyone subscribes, I am trying to track down the most recent market update on C6. I found their back issue website but no download of softcopy is offered and I am worried the car in my sights will be gone while I wait six weeks for one to come by mail. If forum members experience is these aren't on target, that would be just as helpful to know. Thanks in advance for any perspective you might share.
Haven't subscribed to CM in a while. Back when I did, I thought their prices were quite high.

Many here have trashed KBB. I've bought AND sold near KBB private party for years. I find it an excellent place to start. They're finding real transaction data somewhere...

Quick Reply: Just checked the z06 values on kbb