Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTS: Centennial Edition Grand Sport. Coupe. Auto. 4LT. < 8K mi.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 12:41 PM
alaahnx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and the dealer said they can handle the transaction for a fee.. that will include enrolling the car in GM CPO program. Not a bad option given the hassle free and the one year addition on each warranty. Also, if you are from a southern state and worried about buying from a northern state, the senior Corvette tech at my dealer (the only man allowed to touch her) has kindly vouched to confirm to you the perfect undercarriage and mechanical status of the car.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:41 PM
alaahnx
Instructor

46 K OBO. Please read first post for major updates.

Last edited by alaahnx; 04-30-2016 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:03 PM
RC5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Gs

Originally Posted by alaahnx
A couple of near-sales but car is still available. Dealer changed oil on Apr 26 2016. Car is ready for summer and needs nothing. Price drop to 46K OBO. Please read major updates in first post. Added warranty details in post #6. I also do have a wheel/tire warranty through Aug.
Sooo, sad you prefer a dealer to fellow Enthusiast
Old 05-03-2016, 02:20 PM
alaahnx
Instructor

Originally Posted by RC5
John. you messaged me too late after I became sooo sick from dealing with private parties lecturing me about how crazy my car is priced.. sure it is not your fault that I had so many bad experiences just prior to your message. Just for the record: you indicated in your message that you can't go above a certain number.. your number though was less than the highest I got from a CF member which was in turn less than the offer from the wholesaler. I can prove to you in a PM.

Feel free to contact me for details if you think these numbers might help your car search.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:28 PM
alaahnx
Instructor

Originally Posted by RC5
God knows, and at least 8 forum members, that I tried my best to sell to them. UP UNTILL 5 min prior to the sale on ebay..

Here is what I gained from a wholesaler deal:

-1000$ more than the highest private offer I got on CF, on Craig’s list, and on eBay.
-takes care of the entire paperwork, lien, financial transactions, etc, etc
-I do get to sell my accessories later on my own (I easily promised every CF member who asked about cover/ partition tray/ roof bag/ etc.. to throw them for free)
-A dealer won't back up on me.. many members did and left me hanging.
-MOST IMPORTANTLY, the dealer SHOWed APPRECIATION TO MY CAR and did not lecture me on how my car is very insanely stratospherically priced..

Sooo, sad a wholesaler appreciated a unique car more than a fellow enthusiast.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:39 PM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Talk is cheap, especially after the sale. But I thought your final price at $46K was a great deal. I got $45K trade-in towards my black ZR1 on our 2012 Carlisle Blue Grand Sport 2LT/NPP/F55 with 14K miles on it. They originally wanted to give me $43K, but I said if you want to move the ZR1 right now it's $45K. Next day they agreed. I had spent nearly $1K switching out the GS exhaust to a very low mile ZO6 exhaust system (17 RWHP gain) but I didn't tell them that and figured they wouldn't detect it since even though the systems look different to the trained eye, it was all OEM parts so it looked OEM.
The following users liked this post:
alaahnx (05-15-2016)
Old 05-13-2016, 01:11 PM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

God knows, and at least 8 forum members, that I tried my best to sell to them. UP UNTILL 5 min prior to the sale on ebay..

Here is what I gained from a wholesaler deal:

-1000$ more than the highest private offer I got on CF, on Craig’s list, and on eBay.
-takes care of the entire paperwork, lien, financial transactions, etc, etc
-I do get to sell my accessories later on my own (I easily promised every CF member who asked about cover/ partition tray/ roof bag/ etc.. to throw them for free)
-A dealer won't back up on me.. many members did and left me hanging.
-MOST IMPORTANTLY, the dealer SHOWed APPRECIATION TO MY CAR and did not lecture me on how my car is very insanely stratospherically priced..

Sooo, sad a wholesaler appreciated a unique car more than a fellow enthusiast.
So you sold it on ebay motors? Just trying to clarify since in your statement right below it you said you got 1k higher than offers on CF, CL and ebay? I may need to go that route as well since I am not having luck on here selling the car either. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:25 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Beautiful car! If I wasn't building a house on the other side of the country I would probably consider it. I may have missed it but I didn't see location of the car. I'm guessing Illinois by the plate.
alaahnx (05-15-2016)
Old 05-13-2016, 09:23 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

That may have been the prettiest all around GS I have seen yet....
alaahnx (05-15-2016)
Old 05-14-2016, 06:11 AM
Smuttynose
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Al, what wholesaler did the car go to? I have a friend who wants to go after it...badly!
Old 05-14-2016, 02:52 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Typical. Everyone wants the car when it's sold. And the most ridiculous remarks are, "if I didn't have my car I would buy it in a second."
alaahnx (05-15-2016)
Old 05-14-2016, 09:20 PM
NIL8U
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billyboy47
Typical. Everyone wants the car when it's sold. And the most ridiculous remarks are, "if I didn't have my car I would buy it in a second."
Hahahaha!!! What^ said funny but true.
alaahnx (05-15-2016)
Old 05-15-2016, 01:06 AM
alaahnx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
So you sold it on ebay motors? Just trying to clarify since in your statement right below it you said you got 1k higher than offers on CF, CL and ebay? I may need to go that route as well since I am not having luck on here selling the car either. Thanks.
I had my car listed on CF and CL for 6 wks before I tried eBay. did couple of listings the "biding" way and didn't get a fair price. Changed to a "best offer" ad and car was sold by the 3rd day (strange enough this is the cheapest option to list a car!). I am not talking private sale money here but, I got many wholesale offers from dealers that were seriously higher than most serious CF and CL offers. That was my experience.

I do recommend you try as long as you can selling to a private party, someone who wants a unique C6 like yours. Not someone who is looking for just "any" grand sport, his first C6 and has not done enough research, or who is cross shopping for "any" C7. Worst part of my experience was dealing with people mentioning "this grand sport is listed for so and so less" or " for only so and so I can get into a C7"; of course they gave no regards to milage, trim level, MSRP etc.. An uneducated buyer won't understand that it is OK for a top end, late C6 GS (MRSP 77K) to be priced in a close range to an entry level, non Z51, low optioned, early C7 (MSRP 54K).

I could not get in touch with a private party who is ready to buy so I finally decided to move on and do a wholesale price because I needed the money. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

Al.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:19 AM
alaahnx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Smuttynose
Al, what wholesaler did the car go to? I have a friend who wants to go after it...badly!
Hey Buzz. Hope all is well. PM sent. That was painful to know tho..
Old 05-16-2016, 03:22 PM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Smuttynose
then you can tell your friend about mine
Old 05-16-2016, 03:33 PM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

I had my car listed on CF and CL for 6 wks before I tried eBay. did couple of listings the "biding" way and didn't get a fair price. Changed to a "best offer" ad and car was sold by the 3rd day (strange enough this is the cheapest option to list a car!). I am not talking private sale money here but, I got many wholesale offers from dealers that were seriously higher than most serious CF and CL offers. That was my experience.

I do recommend you try as long as you can selling to a private party, someone who wants a unique C6 like yours. Not someone who is looking for just "any" grand sport, his first C6 and has not done enough research, or who is cross shopping for "any" C7. Worst part of my experience was dealing with people mentioning "this grand sport is listed for so and so less" or " for only so and so I can get into a C7"; of course they gave no regards to milage, trim level, MSRP etc.. An uneducated buyer won't understand that it is OK for a top end, late C6 GS (MRSP 77K) to be priced in a close range to an entry level, non Z51, low optioned, early C7 (MSRP 54K).

I could not get in touch with a private party who is ready to buy so I finally decided to move on and do a wholesale price because I needed the money. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

Al.
Al,
Thanks for the reply. I am having almost mirror issues to what you are describing on here. I understand the buyer wants to spend as little as possible and be judicious with their money, but like you said as well, in some cases dealing with someone who only sees it as a GS and not necessarily appreciate or acknowledge the "extras". Either way, glad you were able to sell it and move on from it.

Moe
Old 05-24-2016, 10:45 AM
KT.VETTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, is this your car??
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6598/overview/

Quick Reply: WTS: Centennial Edition Grand Sport. Coupe. Auto. 4LT. < 8K mi.