Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2012 z06 3lz carbon

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 07:03 PM
Jeremyj7
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea the bank told me nada was 62,000 with just the magnetic ride control and it wouldn't let them add all the other options so I'm thinking it's worth 65k and I'm in no hurry to sell it. The right person will buy it
Old 10-23-2016, 08:00 PM
dsevo
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremyj7
Yea the bank told me nada was 62,000 with just the magnetic ride control and it wouldn't let them add all the other options so I'm thinking it's worth 65k and I'm in no hurry to sell it. The right person will buy it
So let me make sure I got this right. You listed the car, were offered full ask, subsequently made a deal, then decided to just stop returning calls and texts because you are too much of a bitch to pick up the phone and admit your word is worthless? People blow my f'n mind.

Edit: Just so anybody searching this car realizes this guy is a DB - 1G1YL2DE6C5109834

Last edited by dsevo; 10-23-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:20 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

wow !!!!!!
Nsf
Old 10-23-2016, 09:11 PM
jw38
Team Owner

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14,'18,'21

So change the price in your original post. This will not go well for you if you don't.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:39 AM
etekberg
Drifting

Received 256 Likes on 122 Posts

In the guy's defense, he has the right to change his mind. For buyers and sellers: You need a signed purchase agreement and a deposit in order to have "a deal". Otherwise it is worthless; talk is cheap.

As to getting $65k, good luck with that.

Last edited by etekberg; 10-24-2016 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:06 PM
dsevo
Pro

Originally Posted by etekberg
In the guy's defense, he has the right to change his mind. For buyers and sellers: You need a signed purchase agreement and a deposit in order to have "a deal". Otherwise it is worthless; talk is cheap.

As to getting $65k, good luck with that.
Actually, a verbal agreement is a contract. While your talk may be cheap, I've bought plenty of expensive cars on a handshake. Your statement embodies the very sad state of America right now.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:15 PM
etekberg
Drifting

Originally Posted by dsevo
Actually, a verbal agreement is a contract. While your talk may be cheap, I've bought plenty of expensive cars on a handshake. Your statement embodies the very sad state of America right now.
I was wondering if someone would catch that. Technically that is true, but extremely difficult to prove. However, if no money changed hands, you don't have a contract. There has to be consideration for a valid contract!

And my statement does not embody anything sad about America. If anything yours does. Contract law has been around for a long time in this country!

Let me put it this way, what if a buyer says to a seller "I'm going to drive to your house tomorrow and buy your car", and that is it. The buyer then doesn't show up. Did the buyer break a contract? Does the seller have any recourse against the buyer?

The answer to both is no. The reverse is also true for the seller.

How many times have you bought a house or a piece of land without any paperwork? Why would you treat a car that cost as much as a cheap house wildly different.

Last edited by etekberg; 10-24-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:32 PM
ricko32
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now on ebay $65K

Last edited by ricko32; 10-24-2016 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:56 PM
bigdogs32
Cruising

Nice car and the price is fair I'm sure it will sale

2012 z06 3lz package carbon brakes supersonic blue 9k miles still under factory warranty mint condition 901-461-7470 $65,000[/QUOTE]
Old 10-24-2016, 02:15 PM
dsevo
Pro

Originally Posted by etekberg
I was wondering if someone would catch that. Technically that is true, but extremely difficult to prove. However, if no money changed hands, you don't have a contract. There has to be consideration for a valid contract!

And my statement does not embody anything sad about America. If anything yours does. Contract law has been around for a long time in this country!

Let me put it this way, what if a buyer says to a seller "I'm going to drive to your house tomorrow and buy your car", and that is it. The buyer then doesn't show up. Did the buyer break a contract? Does the seller have any recourse against the buyer?

The answer to both is no. The reverse is also true for the seller.

How many times have you bought a house or a piece of land without any paperwork? Why would you treat a car that cost as much as a cheap house wildly different.
I'm not interested in getting into a legal argument with you. You're arguing for the sake of arguing. Bottom line, the seller agreed to a deal and said he would send payment instructions after the phone call. They never came, and he simply went radio silent, ignoring calls, texts, and emails. That's a pathetic way to operate, despite whatever BS excuse you can come up with for him. Period.

He won't get anywhere near $65k for the car anyway.

Last edited by dsevo; 10-24-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:18 PM
TGS2
5th Gear

Love the Dog. Does it come with the car?
Old 10-24-2016, 02:21 PM
etekberg
Drifting

I'm not interested in getting into a legal argument with you. You're arguing for the sake of arguing. Bottom line, the seller agreed to a deal and said he would send payment instructions after the phone call. They never came, and he simply went radio silent, ignoring calls, texts, and emails. That's a pathetic way to operate, despite whatever BS excuse you can come up with for him. Period.

Whatever... I'm just sticking up for the guy's right to change his mind. I'm not defending the method in which he did so, merely his right to. And I agree with you that he is probably making a mistake in pricing his car like a ZR1.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:21 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

I tend to agree with you, and I have ALWAYS abided by the motto "A Man's Word is His Bond", I have lived by that all my life, sadly some don't
NSF
Old 10-24-2016, 02:23 PM
Jeremyj7
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And it will not go anywhere it will sit there and look pretty in my garage 65k or close or I'll keep it I wasn't selling because I need $ I have plenty of that
Old 10-24-2016, 02:24 PM
DOOKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

I can understand your side of it as nobody wants to purchase anything where the deal seems fishy. If the deal goes South wouldn't you rather treat it as a blessing in disguise?
Old 10-24-2016, 02:54 PM
dsevo
Pro

Originally Posted by DOOKEY
I can understand your side of it as nobody wants to purchase anything where the deal seems fishy. If the deal goes South wouldn't you rather treat it as a blessing in disguise?
Oh definitely, 100%! Just wanted to post the situation on here to save someone else the hassle. I value my time, and I'm not a fan of people wasting it.

And it will not go anywhere it will sit there and look pretty in my garage 65k or close or I'll keep it I wasn't selling because I need $ I have plenty of that
Loved hearing how rich you are during our phone discussion. You're supposedly so wealthy, or "rich" as you called it, but you're willing to **** all over your word for potentially $10k. Real class act. I'm just relieved you showed your true colors before money changed hands.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:41 AM
pbp8633
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

KARMA is a bitc#

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 z06 3lz carbon

Old 10-26-2016, 10:19 PM
corvettemonster
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Oh definitely, 100%! Just wanted to post the situation on here to save someone else the hassle. I value my time, and I'm not a fan of people wasting it.

Loved hearing how rich you are during our phone discussion. You're supposedly so wealthy, or "rich" as you called it, but you're willing to **** all over your word for potentially $10k. Real class act. I'm just relieved you showed your true colors before money changed hands.
Your brother out in Cali had a great opportunity to buy my flawless REAL 2011 SSB Carbon Edition (with an additional 75K mile bumper-bumper warranty) for $54,500. But, from what I remember, he was quite arrogant and said, "Well when you're ready to take 50K, let me know" after my mentioning to him I was firm on my price. I told him it was VERY fairly priced and he again, replied, "call me when you're at 50K" - I just simply replied that he wouldn't be hearing from me. My car sold the next day at full asking price.

That being said, from my experience, 'legit buyers' will call and discuss the car in proper format: it's build history, the car's rarities, total production numbers, etc., and not make the conversation 100% price related.

Moral of story is that it's quite amazing to me how people spend hours upon hours on forums and retail sites - let alone deal with frustrations as this post has shown - trying to scalp or save a few thousand bucks here and there rather than getting on with it and buying a damn car!

*I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there still trying to buy the 2005/2006 FGT for 12 years at 160K. Ain't happening.

Last edited by corvettemonster; 10-26-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:15 AM
dsevo
Pro

Originally Posted by corvettemonster
Your brother out in Cali had a great opportunity to buy my flawless REAL 2011 SSB Carbon Edition (with an additional 75K mile bumper-bumper warranty) for $54,500. But, from what I remember, he was quite arrogant and said, "Well when you're ready to take 50K, let me know" after my mentioning to him I was firm on my price. I told him it was VERY fairly priced and he again, replied, "call me when you're at 50K" - I just simply replied that he wouldn't be hearing from me. My car sold the next day at full asking price.

That being said, from my experience, 'legit buyers' will call and discuss the car in proper format: it's build history, the car's rarities, total production numbers, etc., and not make the conversation 100% price related.

Moral of story is that it's quite amazing to me how people spend hours upon hours on forums and retail sites - let alone deal with frustrations as this post has shown - trying to scalp or save a few thousand bucks here and there rather than getting on with it and buying a damn car!

*I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there still trying to buy the 2005/2006 FGT for 12 years at 160K. Ain't happening.
You're half right. Your car came up at the beginning of his search, and at the time his budget was $50K. Also, your car needed tires if I remember correctly. I called and discussed the merits of your car with you, and after doing so, he called about price. He made an offer less than 5% under ask, and that seems pretty normal to me. Just because he wasn't willing to pay your full asking price doesn't make him arrogant. Frankly, I didn't get a real good vibe from our phone discussion, and I'm a believer in buying the seller as much as the car. After your car sold, I told him he needed to be more realistic on price if he wanted a clean Z07, hence the reason he immediately offered full ask for the OPs car.

And let's be real here, the the ZO6 and FGT shouldn't be mentioned in the same post. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Last edited by dsevo; 10-27-2016 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:33 AM
corvettemonster
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

You're half right. Your car came up at the beginning of his search, and at the time his budget was $50K. Also, your car needed tires if I remember correctly. I called and discussed the merits of your car with you, and after doing so, he called about price. He made an offer less than 5% under ask, and that seems pretty normal to me. Just because he wasn't willing to pay your full asking price doesn't make him arrogant. Frankly, I didn't get a real good vibe from our phone discussion, and I'm a believer in buying the seller as much as the car. After your car sold, I told him he needed to be more realistic on price if he wanted a clean Z07, hence the reason he immediately offered full ask for the OPs car.

And let's be real here, the the ZO6 and FGT shouldn't be mentioned in the same post. Not sure what that has to do with anything.
It was more like 10% under a reiterated firm asking price. His offer didn't come across arrogant - albeit unrealistic - but his delivery did...a take-it-or-leave-it attitude. Nah, the tires were just fine - you may be referring to another car. I had a professional car photographer take pics, which came out crisp and clear and revealed everything on the car that detailed photos could allow - you even mentioned how good the photos looked.

Not sure why you 'didn't get a good vibe' as I answered every one of your questions cordially and was open to discussing the history of the Carbon Edition. If you're 'buying 'the seller', then a 20-30 minute phone conversation - like the buyer of my car and I had - would've revealed more about me than a 2 minute conversation you and I had.

The Ford GT was used as a reference to compare that low production cars - as the Carbon Edition - tend to have a hard floor and a well studied car enthusiast would recognize a heck of deal when they saw one. Could be that you're younger brother is just now learning about cars, which is absolutely fine! Good luck in your/his search.

Last edited by corvettemonster; 10-27-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 2012 z06 3lz carbon