Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2007 Z06, 27k miles, heads "fixed" (NY)

Old 02-21-2017, 02:37 PM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Default 2007 Z06, 27k miles, heads "fixed" (NY)

I’ve decided to sell one of my Z06’s. This is the nicer of the two I own and has an extremely clean history, well maintained by aficionado owners, and has all of the problem areas C6 Z06’s are known for addressed.

I’ll be posting more pictures over the next couple days.

Before I elaborate on the details, this car is currently owned by me but can be purchased through a local (reputable) Chevrolet dealership that a buddy (non-shady salesman) of mine works at. Therefore, it might be advantageous for the buyer since they get the best of both worlds. Dealership convenience (financing, title transfer, etc…) without the shenanigans and high price that normally accompany them. You also get the benefit of knowing the full history/modifications to the vehicle since the car has been enthusiast-owned since new. If you don’t want/need to go through a dealership, I am happy to sell the car as a private sale as well.

Details:
-2007 Z06
-27k miles
-3rd owner
-Black exterior
-Black interior
-2LZ w/Navigation
-100% non-smoker since new
-Competition grey wheels (Silver Z06 wheels are no longer on the car)
-Clean Carfax (no accidents, original paint on all body panels, no stories)

The car has a few mods that were strategically done to address the common “concern” areas of the C6 Z06 along with adding power/performance without the sacrifice of reliability and/or being any louder than stock. The car audibly is at stock levels unless the Mild2Wild is open. The cam gives the car a nice lope at idle but with stock exhaust manifolds, cats, and mufflers retain the quiet stealthy sound. The Katech Torquer is a fantastic street cam that gives the car a very nice torque gain that is just perfect. There is a slight tradeoff in drivability at very low rpms (compared to stock) but it’s not much. Highway cruising in 6th gear (65mph) is extremely smooth with no surging. The tune is very good.

Mods:
-Heads “fixed” by HPA (Horsepower Addicts, corvetteforum sponsor) - Stainless exhaust valves, bronze guides, valvejob, .005" mill to clean up deck surface
-Katech Torquer 110 cam (very easy to drive)
-BTR Platinum valvesprings w/Titaninum retainers
-Chromoly pushrods
-NGK Iridium plugs
-DRM Bilstein shocks
-OEM GM ZR1 rear spoiler
-Leatherseats.com full seat skin replacement w/alcantara inserts
-OEM GM 2012 Centennial suede steering wheel
-GM “2008” center console
-Mild2Wild controller
Halltech MF103 intake
-HPA dyno tune (509rwhp)
-New Era Performance dyno tune (corvetteforum vendor) – I have this done with every car I buy just to verify the tune. Made 502rwhp on New Era’s dyno
-Lowered on stock bolts (cut) approximately 1"

A few things to note:
-Tires (Michelin Pilot Super Sport) have ~60% treadlife (2012 date of manufacture)
-Original pads/rotors – the car really has been babied it’s entire life. Not a single day on the track. Plenty of pad/rotor life left.
-Previous owner had ZR1 side skirts on the car and were removed. Very small holes along the very bottom edge of the rocker panels (virtually unnoticeable). Leave or put side skirts back on it. It never bothered me and you can’t really see the holes.
-Always garage kept – minimal UV exposure throughout life
-A few extremely small paint chips, and I mean extremely small
-Area around rear brake duct inlet are very nice compared to a lot of Z06’s. This area is prone to getting “sandblasted” from debris. I was very intentional in finding a car that was very nice in this area.
-Clutch fluid maintained by “Ranger” method on a bi-weekly basis. The fluid is always clean and the hydraulics have been very well cared for in this car.
-Mobil 1 oil changes once/year regardless of miles – I average 3k miles/year on this car
-Two scratches on the car were professionally “touched up”. You won’t notice them unless I pointed them out. The car looks “defect free” aesthetically to 99% of people.
-Consistently maintained with Zaino products. The car pops. The black color is quite easy to keep clean for how I use the car. It only ever gets a slight layer of dust. A California car duster and a quick Zaino Z-6 spray makes it look perfect in 6-7 minutes.
-The small carbon door handles shown in the pictures have been replaced with stock ones and are not included.

The car is mechanically perfect. I’ve never had a single issue with it since I bought it in 2014. No transmission issues, no synchro issues/grinding. No check engine, ABS, or other lights. Nothing. The underside of the car is extremely clean and has absolutely never been driven on salt covered roads (or even roads that some people think are “salt-free”). I honestly don’t think that I’ve had the car in rain but one time.

$35,500

Last edited by JShort; 04-17-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:11 PM
imTraxx
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm sent
Old 02-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Very clean car and good seller, nice clear for sale ad. This should sell really fast at that price!!

Last edited by Fartpipe; 02-21-2017 at 03:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JShort (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 03:52 PM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Thanks Bruce, I appreciate it!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:02 PM
KG-02Z
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful car. Just what I am looking for but gotta get rid of my C5Z first. I have it posted for sale and trade but I'm sure you wouldn't want a C5. Check out my post. You must be right around the corner from me. Where are you located? GLWS if I don't get it.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:58 PM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Hey KG, thanks! I am on the south side of Rochester (West Henrietta/Rush).
Old 02-21-2017, 09:28 PM
KG-02Z
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JShort
Hey KG, thanks! I am on the south side of Rochester (West Henrietta/Rush).
I'm a little more north up in Greece. You wouldn't happen to live or work near thruway park drive? I always saw a C6Z just like yours drive past me on the way to work in Henrietta right near there. I really wish I had my C5Z gone so I could get your C6Z. Would be perfect with you close by. I've been trying the strategy of offering someone with a C6 giving them my C5Z in trade for pennies on the dollar to see if it would be enough to make someone want to trade and then selling my C5Z instead of their own car if they didn't want it and making extra cash in the end. No bites though. I understand it's probably more work than people want to deal with already selling a car but thought it might appeal to someone out there. Mainly doing this cause my wife probably won't let me jump into another vette if I get rid of the C5Z. Which I fear happening if I don't do a trade and convince her I'm getting a great deal because of it. Lol.
Kevin
Old 02-21-2017, 09:50 PM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Hey Kevin,
That's me. I live right off Thruway Park Drive and I've seen your Z many times. The electron blue is a fantastic color. Do you work in that small industrial complex by Vuzix? I think I wave each time I see you
Old 02-22-2017, 12:33 PM
KG-02Z
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey Kevin,
That's me. I live right off Thruway Park Drive and I've seen your Z many times. The electron blue is a fantastic color. Do you work in that small industrial complex by Vuzix? I think I wave each time I see you
Small world. Yeah that was me! I work down in Honeoye Falls now so you won't see me there anymore. That's too funny. Yeah your car is beautiful. Yeah I love the Electron Blue but I'm ready for something newer and less track oriented. Still want the power but want something I can cruise around in better. I mean the tune is great in my car and it drives nice but it is still setup for track ya know. Roll bar and all. Maybe we will meet sometime. Always nice to know another vette fanatic in the area. You did a great job building that car.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:53 PM
SgtRod
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Would a dealer fee come along with going through the dealer?

Might be worth taking pictures of what the car looks like right now.

Maybe I missed it...but does it have headers?
Old 04-17-2017, 09:19 AM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Ok, I had the moderators close this thread a few days after posting the car for sale since we were having second thoughts on selling it; however, my wife and I have found a car that we are in the process of purchasing and we are ready to sell.

I just pulled the car out of storage this weekend and it's ready to go. I changed the oil on Saturday and the car now has a fresh Mobil 1 filter and Mobil 1 5w30.

My wife and I currently own two C6 Z06's, so thankfully we will still have one to enjoy as these are just fantastic cars. This one is the nicer of the two, has less miles, and is less modified.

New pictures will be posted shortly.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:27 AM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Pictures taken yesterday (4/16/17). The Cup wheels are not included with the car but are available for extra if interested.

Last edited by JShort; 04-17-2017 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:35 AM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Old 04-17-2017, 09:38 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,309 Likes on 988 Posts

Man...that's the perfect Z06 right there...simple, clean, lightly modded. WTF...
The following users liked this post:
JShort (04-17-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 09:40 AM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Pictures added. The last picture above is shot of the lower rocker panel area showing one of the holes from the side skirts that were on the car. The holes are plugged with small black rubber plugs and are flush with the body. They are not noticeable unless you get down at that level.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:08 AM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Sale pending, deposit received...
Old 04-19-2017, 10:07 PM
greenyz06
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sale pending, deposit received...
Should of jumped on this one..This is exactly What i wanted.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Brethawy
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

has this been officially sold?
Old 04-24-2017, 10:58 AM
JShort
Burning Brakes

The car has been sold and was picked up on Saturday. Thank you for the inquiry.

Mods - This thread can be closed.

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 Z06, 27k miles, heads "fixed" (NY)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Z06, 27k miles, heads "fixed" (NY)