C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger, Bullets and American racing headers installed by Vette Doctors last week

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:01 PM
drewcorvette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger, Bullets and American racing headers installed by Vette Doctors last week

I want to say thanks to c5grandsport, saplumr, c6nut and Brabus2 for answering all my questions on the procharger, they were extremely helpful

I picked up my car Friday from vette doctors where I got the procharger, B&B bullets and american racing headers and nexus gauges installed. First off I have to say thanks to carmen and the vette doctors, all the good things i heard about them were right. Carmen is extremely professional, and took the time to go over the car before I left. Carmen said he did a conservative tune on the car, but in the future I could come back to tune it more aggressively.

Carmen started up the car and it roared to life, I mean there is no comparison how loud this car is now compared to stock. I warn you for all of you thinking about the bullets exhaust its ridiculously loud; a lot of drone and you hear a lot of popping coming from the exhaust. I am not sure yet if I will keep the exhaust but it does sound badass.

Everyone turned their heads when I drove down the street. It's been raining all weekend in New York so I wasn't able to push the car. Under normal driving conditions the car seems to have no difference in power. I pushed it a little on the highway and I did notice some extra power. Most of the power/boost is made passed 3500-4000 rpms but again I wasn't able to hit it. My verdict is not in yet on the power, when it gets nicer out I will test it out.

I will try and get some pics and video next weekend.

2006 c6 manual, 515 rwhp and 470 rwt
should be good for 615 hp to the crank
Old 06-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Sportsdude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats
Old 06-26-2006, 07:02 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Congrats on all the good news. Welcome aboard and enjoy!!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:09 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

drewcorvette,

Have you got those pics yet? Patiently waiting. Also wondering how it's running.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:45 PM
drewcorvette
Racer

I only drive the car on the weekends. I am going to take some pics and vids this weekend.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Brabus2
Safety Car

Congrats with your results... Lookin forward to seeing some pics and the video!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:48 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Does your car still have catalytics on it? I'm guessing no, since you mention how loud the car is with the bullets. I'll bet it sounds evil, but you are probably right about growing tired of it. If you do swap out the exhaust, check out the Magnaflow system. My car doesn't have cats on it, just LG longtubes and the Magnaflow and it sounds nice and deep. No rasp or drone at all, and its loud only when I floor it.

Congrats on the new toys under the hood, looking forward to the vids and photos.

Tony
Old 06-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Mystical Musician
Racer

I'd like to see some pictures too! I especially want to see pictures of the Nexus gauges.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Blue 2006

1. At what RPM is the 6 lbs of boost achieved ?

2. When you nail it at say...50 mph in 3rd gear (with MN6) , what exactly happens ?

3. How accessible is the drain Bolt on the ProCharger Head ? Can it be extended somehow so oil is easier to change ?

4. How much extra was it to have the Boost guage pod put on the door column ?

Thanks, Dave
(ProCharger wanna-be / soon-to-be )
Old 06-30-2006, 03:37 PM
drewcorvette
Racer

I've haven't been able to test the car yet. During normal driving you will feel no difference. I was alittle shocked that the car felt like stock during normal driving but again the is a centrifugal s/c which makes boost at higher rpms. So unless you rev the car out you won't really feel anything.

1. At what RPM is the 6 lbs of boost achieved ?

looks around 5500-6000 from my dyno sheet

2. When you nail it at say...50 mph in 3rd gear (with MN6) , what exactly happens ?

Not sure yet, I just got it last week and its been raining, I will tell you this weekend

3. How accessible is the drain Bolt on the ProCharger Head ? Can it be extended somehow so oil is easier to change ?

Not sure about that

4. How much extra was it to have the Boost guage pod put on the door column ?

door column I'm assuming you mean the pillar. It was built into the price of my install, I'm assuming around 200.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:32 PM
big bollas
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 10-03-2011, 01:25 PM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice set up. Any pics or vids yet?
Old 10-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Zosickness
Racer

Originally Posted by ANGRY Z
Nice set up. Any pics or vids yet?
Dude, holy thread revival!
Feeling nostalgic....you been bringing back a couple old posts today.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:43 AM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL. You gotta love what you find when you use "Search"
Old 07-22-2023, 04:37 PM
Justin Raney
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Does anyone know Brabus2? Im talking to someone thru email about purchasing a part said he sold on corvetteforum brabus 2 but had deactivated his account as he had sold the corvette. Is there anyway to confirm his email from his forum profile.

Thanks im trying to purchase a ls1 t56 midplate from him but cant confirm its actually him and could loose my money if its a email scammer.

Get notified of new replies

To Procharger, Bullets and American racing headers installed by Vette Doctors last week

Quick Reply: Procharger, Bullets and American racing headers installed by Vette Doctors last week