C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Information on the HP Performance Twin Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Jason 98 TA
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Information on the HP Performance Twin Turbo Kit

We've recently put together a complete Twin Turbo package for the C6 Corvette owners! We’ll start by discussing the options & features of the HP Performance Twin Turbo kit.

My C6 had an HP Performance Twin Turbo System that made 1000 HP to the rear wheels. As a result, I'm pretty partial to the HP kit. The HP kit features T3/T4 turbos that allow complete adjustability well past the 1000 RWHP mark! To prove this point, we will be shooting for 1,200 RWHP on our ’07 Corvette, which is the limit of our Dynojet 248! Try to get that from any other Corvette kit on the market!

The HP Performance kit also uses externally mounted waste gates! This is very important when trying to make incredible power. Internally mounted waste gates really limit potential power output, and as a result you'll never see them mounted on an LSx-based turbo kit from HP!

The HP Performance kit also features 1 3/4" headers instead of the commonly used manifold-style design. These 1 3/4" headers allow the turbo kit to work more efficiently throughout the entire power band! The result is more power at a lower boost and the ability to make big power while maintaining the best efficiency!

The HP Performance kit also features a 26x9x4 intercooler core! This intercooler is one of the largest intercoolers I've seen installed on a Corvette. The extra large intercooler really helps to keep intake air temps down compared to smaller intercoolers! This feature is beneficial to every setup, no matter if you are looking to produce 600rwhp or 1000+ RWHP! A cooler intake charge will result in power increases at every boost level!

Another feature we really like about the HP kit is that it features all 2.5" tubing rather than using rubber hoses for extended distances. This setup should allow for a longer, more trouble-free turbo kit life. One thing that always bugs me about turbo & supercharger kits is dealing with several feet of rubber hose. The HP kit was designed to only use rubber hoses as couplers!

Turbo location is also very important when choosing a turbo kit. Maintaining proper drainback from the turbos & keeping the turbos as far away from heat sources is very important in producing the most power possible for your desired boost level.

All of these details combine help to make the HP Performance kit the most potent setup available! The HP system is a well-engineered system that is setup to grow as your goals for your car grows!

We're proud to now offer this complete package for your C6 Corvette!

You will receive the complete HP Performance Twin Turbo Kit with the following:

*1.75" Tubular Headers

*2.5" Intercooler and Exhaust Tubing

*2.5" Downpipes

*Stainless Steel T-bolt and V-band Clamps

*Ceramic-Coated Tubing Inside and Outside

*Twin 50mm Turbos (capable of 800+ rwhp)

*Twin Tial 38mm Wastegates

*Twin Billet Blow off Valves

*3.5" Intercooler Core

*42#/hr. Injectors

*Boost-a-Pump

*Carbon Fiber Intake Tube

Texas Speed & Performance is proud to offer this complete package installed & tuned to Corvetteforum members for only $10,495! This is a complete out-the-door price!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me! I've owned 2 HP Performance Twin Turbo Vettes & have another one on the way! I have a lot of personal experience with HP’s turbo kits, so I will be able to address any questions or concerns that you may have!

Last edited by Jason 98 TA; 11-02-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:16 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
We've recently put together a complete Twin Turbo package for the C6 Corvette owners! We’ll start by discussing the options & features of the HP Performance Twin Turbo kit.

My C6 had an HP Performance Twin Turbo System that made 1000 HP to the rear wheels. As a result, I'm pretty partial to the HP kit. The HP kit features T3/T4 turbos that allow complete adjustability well past the 1000 RWHP mark! To prove this point, we will be shooting for 1,200 RWHP on our ’07 Corvette, which is the limit of our Dynojet 248! Try to get that from any other Corvette kit on the market!

The HP Performance kit also uses externally mounted waste gates! This is very important when trying to make incredible power. Internally mounted waste gates really limit potential power output, and as a result you'll never see them mounted on an LSx-based turbo kit from HP!

The HP Performance kit also features 1 3/4" headers instead of the commonly used manifold-style design. These 1 3/4" headers allow the turbo kit to work more efficiently throughout the entire power band! The result is more power at a lower boost and the ability to make big power while maintaining the best efficiency!

The HP Performance kit also features a 26x9x4 intercooler core! This intercooler is one of the largest intercoolers I've seen installed on a Corvette. The extra large intercooler really helps to keep intake air temps down compared to smaller intercoolers! This feature is beneficial to every setup, no matter if you are looking to produce 600rwhp or 1000+ RWHP! A cooler intake charge will result in power increases at every boost level!

Another feature we really like about the HP kit is that it features all 2.5" tubing rather than using rubber hoses for extended distances. This setup should allow for a longer, more trouble-free turbo kit life. One thing that always bugs me about turbo & supercharger kits is dealing with several feet of rubber hose. The HP kit was designed to only use rubber hoses as couplers!

Turbo location is also very important when choosing a turbo kit. Maintaining proper drainback from the turbos & keeping the turbos as far away from heat sources is very important in producing the most power possible for your desired boost level.

All of these details combine help to make the HP Performance kit the most potent setup available! The HP system is a well-engineered system that is setup to grow as your goals for your car grows!

*1.75" Tubular Headers

*2.5" Downpipes

*3.5" Intercooler Core

*42#/hr. Injectors

*Boost-a-Pump

Texas Speed & Performance is proud to offer this complete package installed & tuned to Corvetteforum members for only $10,495! This is a complete out-the-door price!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me! I've owned 2 HP Performance Twin Turbo Vettes & have another one on the way! I have a lot of personal experience with HP’s turbo kits, so I will be able to address any questions or concerns that you may have!
Whats the HP limit on the 42lb injectors?

Do you have all the complete kit in stock for immediate shipment? (I may buy a C6 in the next few weeks)
Old 11-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Jason 98 TA

They are building me several kits right now! I bet we can have you a kit in no time! What color did you get?
Old 11-02-2006, 06:12 PM
onfire
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

What's the highest flowing compressor size in lb/min?

TO4E 60lb?
Old 11-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Lythropus
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm assuming your usign the stage 4 kit with 76mm turbos, how much would you charge for that installed and tuned if I already have a forged low compression ls2?
Old 11-02-2006, 10:02 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

They are building me several kits right now! I bet we can have you a kit in no time! What color did you get?
I'm very very close to getting a white '07

I'm assuming the fenders have to come off to install the turbos?

Do any other body parts have to be removed?
Old 11-03-2006, 12:09 AM
supercharged z06
Racer

Are They True Ball Bearing Turbos ? How Much Is The Kit With 57mm Turbos And 50 Lb Injectors ? What Is The Hp Limit Of The A6 Trans ? Is There A Trans Kit Available For The A6 Transmisson And How Much Will That Cost Along With An Upgraded Torque Converter ?
Old 11-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Omanc6
Cruising

are there any pics or maybe vedios
Old 11-03-2006, 11:39 AM
z06boz
Pro

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/97-06%20Corvette.htm

here there link, i spoke with one of the guys there he said that they have a tester car but havent updated the site with pics or video yet. According to him the kit with no upgrades is 8500. So anyway theres alittle info
Old 11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Smokey1226
Advanced

some 57's would a BLAST! Because of the 6L's they would spool very soon and the pull of twin 57's is vision blurry if you set it up right
Old 11-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Corvette4ever
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

I should receive their twin 76mm kit in about 2 weeks
Old 11-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Omanc6
Cruising

thanks for the link
Old 11-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Jon Malis
Cruising

is this kit readily available....I've heard otherwise and would like confirmation
Old 11-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Mr. Big
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Originally Posted by z06boz
http://www.turbochargedpower.com/97-06%20Corvette.htm

here there link, i spoke with one of the guys there he said that they have a tester car but havent updated the site with pics or video yet. According to him the kit with no upgrades is 8500. So anyway theres alittle info

I will help out a little. The kit is readily available, there is still a little lead time, about 1-2 months, but since TSP already has the order in, they should have the ready to go soon!! As corvette4ever said, he has 1 on the way, he can talk about his time frame from order to recieving the kit, an he is in Dubai!!!.

the website quoted is NOT HP's website, that is a dealer that sells their turbos, no HP directly. TSP is probably the best place to buy from.

Here is HP performances website www.hpturbos.com or www.hpperformance.com.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Dgatto
Pro

*1.75" Tubular Headers

*2.5" Downpipes

*3.5" Intercooler Core

*42#/hr. Injectors

*Boost-a-Pump

Awsome price~~
Old 11-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Jason 98 TA

UP UP UP!!

Thanks to all the guys who've emailed or called!!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

really nice kit... especially with twin 76's WOW

Get notified of new replies

To Information on the HP Performance Twin Turbo Kit

Quick Reply: Information on the HP Performance Twin Turbo Kit