C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0101 out of No where. Please help if you can...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0101 out of No where. Please help if you can...

Guys,
The car has been great for months, no issues or codes then 4 months back the car would stumble, and have a sensation like it was "flooding" out. It was totally random upon engine start up, cruising steady at any speed, accelorating hard... totaly random under ALL driving or starting conditions. It does this Flooding stumble thing until it throws a P0101 code and then it's fine, Totally FINE, until it does it again. It will throw it almost every time I clear the code with a scanner if I do it on the fly, the code may take 10 seconds to clear if I pull over, and it may take 5 minutes. So far I have changed the T.B., M.A.F., M.A.P., T.P.S. on the accelorator pedal, and just put a new ECM in last night and went from LS2 edit to HP tuner hoping for a shot in the dark. As of last night changing the ECM and using a copy of my tune from LS2edit copied to HP Tuner the problem only got worse, now the car does this once a mile... If you have any help, It would be VERY appreciated...When the car runs it runs GREAT, I wish i could just get this one figured out...
Jeremy
Old 11-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

ttt
Old 11-16-2006, 01:31 PM
0mystifiedworm
Former Vendor

P0101 is mass air sensor performance. So I would say a bad MAF or a bad wiring or connector.

Chad
Old 11-16-2006, 03:04 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

I have found once or twice where the coils on the maf are covered with dust etc getting through aftermarket filters. Cleaned them off (carefully) and the code did not come back.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Problem is I've even put a new maf on twice... Can't figure this one out... I will take it off and clean it again for sure... Right now I'll try just about anything... Thanks Guys p.s. I'm searching for an unseen broken wire or short as well...
Jeremy
Old 11-16-2006, 06:59 PM
0mystifiedworm
Former Vendor

I would find where the pin comes in contact with the ECM. Disconnect the battery and check continuity.

Chad
Old 11-16-2006, 07:39 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Seems like I also read that the oil used with aftermarket CAI's can sometimes coat the wires in the MAF causing them to fail. Especially if someone got over-entheuastic when oiling the filter. Good luck.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Brabus2
Safety Car

Big J,

Good stuff, you swapped to HP Tuners.

Your PCM is constantly comparing the MAF airflow with that of the VE table calculated number. This is to check the MAF operation. For FI cars this can cause an issue becuz the VE table only runs to about 21 psi (105Kpa).

To fix this you can increase the Maximum Delta Airflow - P0101 Error table so that the airlfow delta between what the MAF is reporting and the VE table is calulating can be larger and hence P0101 will not be set.

Go to: General Tabs/ Engine Diagnostics Sec./ Maximum Delta Air Flow; double the value or multiple the table by 2.

Are you still having issues with the "reduce engine power" - P1514 Error; double that value as well.

Good luck Bro!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Brabus2
Big J,

Good stuff, you swapped to HP Tuners.

Your PCM is constantly comparing the MAF airflow with that of the VE table calculated number. This is to check the MAF operation. For FI cars this can cause an issue becuz the VE table only runs to about 21 psi (105Kpa).

To fix this you can increase the Maximum Delta Airflow - P0101 Error table so that the airlfow delta between what the MAF is reporting and the VE table is calulating can be larger and hence P0101 will not be set.

Go to: General Tabs/ Engine Diagnostics Sec./ Maximum Delta Air Flow; double the value or multiple the table by 2.

Are you still having issues with the "reduce engine power" - P1514 Error; double that value as well.

Good luck Bro!
Dude,
You are a TRUE friend Richard... You take the time to help a Brutha out while your sick in bed... Your the best bro... I'll check that as soon as my tuner gets back in town Monday... THANKS for ALL the help Guys!!!
Jeremy
Old 11-28-2006, 01:48 AM
Brabus2
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
Dude,
You are a TRUE friend Richard... You take the time to help a Brutha out while your sick in bed... Your the best bro... I'll check that as soon as my tuner gets back in town Monday... THANKS for ALL the help Guys!!!
Jeremy
Hey Big J....I haven't heard from you, so I assume everythings OK. It's the least I can do buddy, you've been a GREAT help to me as well.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Brabus2
Hey Big J....I haven't heard from you, so I assume everythings OK. It's the least I can do buddy, you've been a GREAT help to me as well.
Still working on it, haven't touched it because of the holidays, but I'm back at it today. I will be calling Doug today... We did find a "code buster" box on the car built by LPE, that I didn't know was there. I don't know wheather to be PISSED or happy... The "code buster" fried... That was the source of the main problems. Now the car just won't accelerate past @ 4800rpm with out throwing codes. I know there is a fix for this just don't know what that is just yet... I hope to figure it out today... Thanks for watchin out Brutha... I'm on the quest for knowledge for this one... I wanna get this thing right so we can finally tune it with the N2O...
Jeremy

Get notified of new replies

To P0101 out of No where. Please help if you can...

Quick Reply: P0101 out of No where. Please help if you can...