C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous KIT ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 06:49 PM
UASK4IT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous KIT ??

Looking for a GOOD nitrous kit for my c6 Z, and suggestions? I'm looking for 100/150 shot. thanks!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at my site. Not everything is on there yet, however you can get an idea of where I am going, or just hit me up and I can make some rec. I would love to help regardless of who you purchase from as has always been my way. Free shipping to all Corvetteforum members also, not to mention discounts that would be offered in the negotiations. Also I would hope that you would consider purchasing from a site sponsor, regarless of whom that might be.
Robert
Old 11-26-2008, 10:09 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Please all members refrain from posting non supporting vendors on this site.

It's in the guidelines.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:25 PM
UASK4IT
Instructor

Originally Posted by Robert56@RNS
Take a look at my site. Not everything is on there yet, however you can get an idea of where I am going, or just hit me up and I can make some rec. I would love to help regardless of who you purchase from as has always been my way. Free shipping to all Corvetteforum members also, not to mention discounts that would be offered in the negotiations. Also I would hope that you would consider purchasing from a site sponsor, regarless of whom that might be.
Robert
Alright man , so what would you Suggest?
Old 11-27-2008, 12:12 AM
rattt g
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by UASK4IT
Alright man , so what would you Suggest?
here is my hsw wet plate system. look good it's there

Old 11-27-2008, 12:59 AM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I run NX on everything I own. Their customer service is unparalleled and they make a great product! I know a lot of forum vendors carry their products.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:56 AM
solow1k
Racer

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
I run NX on everything I own. Their customer service is unparalleled and they make a great product! I know a lot of forum vendors carry their products.
100% agree!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:07 AM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

Well the two kits that come to me right off the top of my head are the Wet and Dry plate kits, you can see each of them on my web site. I will have a little better format laid out for each tonight highlighting the features. As you can see in ratt g's pictures (nice enoughthat they are hosted in my pictorial) these can be very clean installs. Here is the main thing, these kits are designed and engineered specifically for the LSx platform with kits specific for the C6 Z06. That's what separates HSW and RNS from the rest. I specialize in the Corvettes/LSx and HSW specializes in the LSx/corvettes. Many of the seemingly top nitrous companies are still trying to pass the nozzle kits off for these cars (very low tech). I can tell you where that came from, basically it was a stop gap measure throwing one or two DP nozzles into the CAI neck as a way to get some kind of kit going when these cars came out (the nitrous companies had no idea how the PCM/ECM worked). Anyway, do you know if you would prefer dry or wet as your preferred method? Myself, I can not see any real benefits in running wet kits, but the "Brute Force" wet plate kit and it's 360° spray pattern is a step or two above any nozzle kit, by far. The wet plate has minimized the fuel drop out issues inherent with our front entrance plastic intakes, there is a video showing the spray pattern at the top of the Nitrous kits section). The "Sudden Impact" Dry plate kit uses the stock fuel system to fuel the nitrous kit. It contains the "Interface", an innovative product that the dry camp has been waiting on. No more inconsistent a/f curves, you get exactly what you command each and every time, along with this fueling comes the option to pull timing. Two tunes in one, where one will not effect the other, There are many more features and you can also see this product in my web under accessories. A high tech product and kit for a high tech car, where as the wet tech is basically 40year old carburetor tech, though the wet plate kit is headed in the right direction. Anyway some things to think about, and no I am not totally against the wet hit, but another fact is the dry tech is safer by design. I just want guys making there choices with correct up to date facts. There is so much nonsense out there concerning the dry technology.

We also need to know what you plan on doing with your car, like drag racing, or street/strip? Now if your going big hit and heavy on the racing, then we need to consider going Direct Port. DP can now be done wet or dry using the stock PCM/ECM. The DP Dry makes a killer street/strip set-up. Also, do you have any mods done, and/or planning any soon?

Hopefully I will get my web site in order tonight so you can read about each product I mentioned. Another very innovative product which I offer, and soon will become an almost must have item for guys spraying, is the NANO nitrogen assist. This you can read about on my web as it's ready for reading. I am putting this system on my Z06.

Some things to look at and some things to consider. Let me know if I can help further or answer any questions.
Robert

Last edited by Robert56@RNS; 11-27-2008 at 03:15 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:08 PM
UASK4IT
Instructor

Originally Posted by rattt g

I Like that alot , very clean look
Old 11-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rattt g

nice throttle body spacer.... looks like mine except i have the NOS wet kit
Old 11-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I just installed a Nitrous Outlet kit on a customers car and it picked up 110rwhp on a 100 shot.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Lenny S
Advanced

Hello, had my car dyno-tuned last year,. is it necessary to re-tune after installing, using a 100 shot??
Old 11-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

Originally Posted by Lenny S
Hello, had my car dyno-tuned last year,. is it necessary to re-tune after installing, using a 100 shot??
We always recommend that a customer checks his tune after install. Even though some kits are basically plug and play and will have the correct settings 9not all kits contain piggy-back controllers to allow spot on tunes from the get go), we should, for ultimate safety check the a/f ratio, check that timing is OK, injector duty cycle on dry hits and fuel pressure if you have the means. The cost of a motor is much more than insuring a safe tune. Using a tuner program/scan tool that logs these parameters (or which parameters you chose) is really what we need to do. A 100hp shot does not really increase the cylinder pressures enough to do major damage in most cases, and thus the reason many just plug and play hits of 100 and below. However, I have seen 15.x:1 fuel ratios on a 100hp hit and the car ran fine with no indication of anything wrong, and the guy had been running it this way for some time. He got away with it, but it just shows why we should check our tunes. Hope this helps your decision making process.
Robert
Old 04-22-2009, 03:46 PM
NOSLS2
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Robert56@RNS
Well the two kits that come to me right off the top of my head are the Wet and Dry plate kits, you can see each of them on my web site. I will have a little better format laid out for each tonight highlighting the features. As you can see in ratt g's pictures (nice enoughthat they are hosted in my pictorial) these can be very clean installs. Here is the main thing, these kits are designed and engineered specifically for the LSx platform with kits specific for the C6 Z06. That's what separates HSW and RNS from the rest. I specialize in the Corvettes/LSx and HSW specializes in the LSx/corvettes. Many of the seemingly top nitrous companies are still trying to pass the nozzle kits off for these cars (very low tech). I can tell you where that came from, basically it was a stop gap measure throwing one or two DP nozzles into the CAI neck as a way to get some kind of kit going when these cars came out (the nitrous companies had no idea how the PCM/ECM worked). Anyway, do you know if you would prefer dry or wet as your preferred method? Myself, I can not see any real benefits in running wet kits, but the "Brute Force" wet plate kit and it's 360° spray pattern is a step or two above any nozzle kit, by far. The wet plate has minimized the fuel drop out issues inherent with our front entrance plastic intakes, there is a video showing the spray pattern at the top of the Nitrous kits section). The "Sudden Impact" Dry plate kit uses the stock fuel system to fuel the nitrous kit. It contains the "Interface", an innovative product that the dry camp has been waiting on. No more inconsistent a/f curves, you get exactly what you command each and every time, along with this fueling comes the option to pull timing. Two tunes in one, where one will not effect the other, There are many more features and you can also see this product in my web under accessories. A high tech product and kit for a high tech car, where as the wet tech is basically 40year old carburetor tech, though the wet plate kit is headed in the right direction. Anyway some things to think about, and no I am not totally against the wet hit, but another fact is the dry tech is safer by design. I just want guys making there choices with correct up to date facts. There is so much nonsense out there concerning the dry technology.

We also need to know what you plan on doing with your car, like drag racing, or street/strip? Now if your going big hit and heavy on the racing, then we need to consider going Direct Port. DP can now be done wet or dry using the stock PCM/ECM. The DP Dry makes a killer street/strip set-up. Also, do you have any mods done, and/or planning any soon?

Hopefully I will get my web site in order tonight so you can read about each product I mentioned. Another very innovative product which I offer, and soon will become an almost must have item for guys spraying, is the NANO nitrogen assist. This you can read about on my web as it's ready for reading. I am putting this system on my Z06.

Some things to look at and some things to consider. Let me know if I can help further or answer any questions.
Robert
Hey Robert I wanted a dry kit in the begining, but when I realized my Injector duty cycle was between 83% and 88% I decided to go wet
to avoid buying injectors too. I was thinking about a BAP?
What do you think?
Im running a 150 wet kit on a LS2 Vette manual
Old 05-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

Originally Posted by NOSLS2
Hey Robert I wanted a dry kit in the begining, but when I realized my Injector duty cycle was between 83% and 88% I decided to go wet
to avoid buying injectors too. I was thinking about a BAP?
What do you think?
Im running a 150 wet kit on a LS2 Vette manual
A BAP can certainly extend the capacity of your fuel pump. On the injector thing, why people see this as problem for the dry I do not understand? we never avoided n/a power because of this, nor the blowers or turbos, lol. Just as long as your happy that is really alll that counts. For those reading along, the additional safety factor of the dry out weighs needing injectors, IMO.
Robert
Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 PM
NandoZ06
Racer

Im getting the Nitrous Outlet kit 100 wet shot on the Z06..i cant wait to get my car back.

Last edited by NandoZ06; 05-14-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:06 PM
spdmn75
Burning Brakes

is it the same kit the ls2 uses?

Last edited by spdmn75; 05-10-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:13 AM
FNQWK
Burning Brakes

nitrous outlet wet plate

bone stock-460/435
100shot only(minus a few degrees for safety on 91)550/575
good luck hooking in 1st & 2nd.

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous KIT ??

Quick Reply: Nitrous KIT ??