C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAI for Maggie 122

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 AM
DEODELTA
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CAI for Maggie 122

Decided to roll with the 122 and have install set for Tuesday. I had planned on using a Vararam cai but was just informed this would not work or fit? are the only candidates a lpe and honker? Thoughts please as I have 3 days to get the right one delivered.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Bushong572
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Vararam when my M112 was installed 3 years ago (didn't fit).
I went with the LPE.............LPE and Callaway are the only 2 that will work (as far as I know).
Old 03-28-2010, 10:34 AM
DEODELTA
Advanced

Thanks! OK...vararam with 5000 miles is now for sale.
Wtb honker!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:36 AM
DEODELTA
Advanced

Thanks! OK...vararam with 5000 miles is now for sale.
Wtb honker!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:02 AM
HuskerBullet
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What? Are you kidding me? Why not just modify the VaraRam to fit.....cut it, sand it down.....do whatever it takes to make it work.....couplers, etc, who cares.....just make it work, you probably won't regret it.....cold ram air is tough to beat.....just do it!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Bushong572
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HuskerBullet
What? Are you kidding me? Why not just modify the VaraRam to fit.....cut it, sand it down.....do whatever it takes to make it work.....couplers, etc, who cares.....just make it work, you probably won't regret it.....cold ram air is tough to beat.....just do it!

It can be done, I guess I should have elaborated.........but there are 2 problems. The intake of the Magnuson is offset, I know someone that made it work after much effort (only to change it to a Honker later). And the biggest problem is the Vararam would not stay sealed (between the 2 halves). Unless they have made BIG improvements to the Vararam over the last year, I would not buy another. I (and many others I've talked to) could not keep the Var sealed for any length of time and the different angle of the Magnuson inlet made it worse.
I think the forced cold air of the Vararam would definitely be the way to go.........if you could get it to seal properly.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:21 PM
DEODELTA
Advanced

Purchased the honker fitted for the Maggie today. ..more then I wanted to spend but it's will fit and look tight.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:28 PM
m_LeDez
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Houston, Tx.....'05 Corvette M6 LS3 Magnuson Heartbeat
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DEODELTA
Purchased the honker fitted for the Maggie today. ..more then I wanted to spend but it's will fit and look tight.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:30 AM
HuskerBullet
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bushong572
It can be done, I guess I should have elaborated.........but there are 2 problems. The intake of the Magnuson is offset, I know someone that made it work after much effort (only to change it to a Honker later). And the biggest problem is the Vararam would not stay sealed (between the 2 halves). Unless they have made BIG improvements to the Vararam over the last year, I would not buy another. I (and many others I've talked to) could not keep the Var sealed for any length of time and the different angle of the Magnuson inlet made it worse.
I think the forced cold air of the Vararam would definitely be the way to go.........if you could get it to seal properly.
Well, you're right and I understand what you're saying, but if the effort is not available, then go with something less. However for me, I would do everything in my mechanical power of knowledge to make the VaraRam work with the Magnuson supercharger (which I plan to do anyway when the time comes)......good luck!
Old 01-30-2014, 10:38 AM
J. Dub
Instructor

Now that we're in 2014, what is a proper air filter for a maggie 122?

Get notified of new replies

To CAI for Maggie 122

Quick Reply: CAI for Maggie 122