C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous pill size?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 07:58 PM
c6 batmobile
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Nitrous pill size?

I bought a used system and it came with two pills in it. A .026 for the nitrous and .030 for the fuel. What size of nitrous shot would this equate to? What size pills do I need for 75 100 125 and 150 shots? Im going to be installing this system and want to play around with what size of shot works for me. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:53 PM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

I have way more info here than you are asking for in case others looking for info come to this thread in a search. If it doesnt apply to you please dont think of it as anything other than a help to some one else who may come here.

The items you are reffering to are jets, not pills. Pills are the resistors used by MSD in their various window switches and such. To fabircate a pill, you simply add 1000 to the RPM you want to make a pill for. A 3500rpm pill is therefore a 4.5k resistor.

On to your question. Nitrous jets are always bigger than the associated fuel jet and the matching combos are car specific. If you didnt get the kit from someone using an GM LS engine, the jets you have wont conform to the list of jets for a C6 application.

Before continuing, a disclaimer: YOU NEED TO TUNE THE CAR WITH A WIDEBAND TO VERIFY YOU A/F RATIO....NO EXCEPTIONS. Nitrous issues always come from people thinking a jet chart is enough to be safe and it isnt.

The jets you have would be 30 for nitrous and 26 for fuel and that doenst conform to an LS engine.

Jets for our car:

50 shot:
35 nitous; 20 fuel

75 shot:
41 N
24 F

100 shot:
52 N
33 F

150 shot:
62 N
38 F

These values are approximate and will need to be varied with bottle pressure and you mods. Lower bottle pressure gives a rich condition and very high bottle pressure is going to be a lean condition (very very bad). For example, the 100 shot may be 52 for Nitrous and 37 for fuel. Start with a small shot and vary the jets as you climb verifying the A/F ratio with a wideband. As the shot size grows you will see if there is a rich or lean tendency and you compensate by varying the fuel jets up or down to maintain your target a/f ratio. You should also be decreasing timing as the shot size goes up. If you car has a hot tune on it a rule of thumb is 3 degrees for each 100HP. You can decrease timing in the higher load cells which will maintain the timing off the shot or refer to my resistor trick for fueling and timing in this thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...wet-shots.html

If you have a used fuel solenoid, test it inline with your fuel rail to verify it isnt leaking before you plumb it into your intake tract. f it is leaking and you dont catch it, you will eventually get a nitrous backfire from the fuel puddling on the manifold's floor. some tuners recomend you replace the fuel solenoid after a year or two for safety.

Quick Reply: Nitrous pill size?