C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM LS9 Blower

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Spying Beast
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OEM LS9 Blower

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS9-C...item27b5084039

Anyone seen one of these installed on an aftermarket LS3 application?
Old 09-29-2010, 11:55 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Spying Beast
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS9-C...item27b5084039

Anyone seen one of these installed on an aftermarket LS3 application?
From the listing: "This Listing is for the Supercharger Head Unit ONLY and is for customers who prefer to have the option of installing their own custom parts"

DAMN! They want $7190 for JUST the head unit! At that rate you'd be past $11K into it by the time you pieced together the entire supercharger kit!

You can get an Edelbrock E-Force or a Magnacharger supercharger kit, both of which include that exact same head unit as the core of their kit, for less money than that, and it is a complete kit, with injectors, fuel rails, intercooler, IC pump, intake manifold, etc etc etc...

THAT SAID... Forum user "Gotcha" has one of those that he got (for a much better price obviously) and has pieced together his own kit... A search for his user name should reveal more details. I don't think he's done yet, but I know him personally and he does incredible work; piecing the rest of the kit together should be no problem for him...
Old 09-30-2010, 06:25 AM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
From the listing: "This Listing is for the Supercharger Head Unit ONLY and is for customers who prefer to have the option of installing their own custom parts"

DAMN! They want $7190 for JUST the head unit! At that rate you'd be past $11K into it by the time you pieced together the entire supercharger kit!

You can get an Edelbrock E-Force or a Magnacharger supercharger kit, both of which include that exact same head unit as the core of their kit, for less money than that, and it is a complete kit, with injectors, fuel rails, intercooler, IC pump, intake manifold, etc etc etc...

THAT SAID... Forum user "Gotcha" has one of those that he got (for a much better price obviously) and has pieced together his own kit... A search for his user name should reveal more details. I don't think he's done yet, but I know him personally and he does incredible work; piecing the rest of the kit together should be no problem for him...

Sold for $5.4k on the big auction site two weeks ago

Last edited by Motorhead-47; 09-30-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:21 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Didn't someone price out the other pieces if would take to complete the install? If memory serves, the other pieces cost as much or more than the blower alone.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:44 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Didn't someone price out the other pieces if would take to complete the install? If memory serves, the other pieces cost as much or more than the blower alone.
Yes they did, and the price of the parts alone went north of $11,000, and didn't include a new hood and some miscellaneous parts or the time for a Pro tuner to try and get it running.

Once the fact came out that the "complete kit" was not a "complete kit" as stated by some vendors, the interest in the LS9 S/C installation on a C6 LS3 went to hell in a handbag.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Spying Beast
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't interested in installing one, I was just wondering if anyone had, and what kind of WHP had been achieved.

Personally, I'd rather have an OEM blower if it were available, vs. an Elde or magna, but that's just me... I think it would help with resale, etc.

Honestly, I had no idea that this was the same head unit as the other manufacturers were offering for far less cabbage.

Thanks for chiming in gents.. As always, you guys are well informed, and to the point.

Keith
Old 10-01-2010, 01:45 AM
blaine123
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Why would u want to?

Aftermarket S/C kits will outperform the ZR1 S/C on so many levels.

Unless you wanted to build a ZR1 clone... but then ur approaching the price of a REAL ZR1 anyway.

Last edited by blaine123; 10-01-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:56 AM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Spying Beast

Honestly, I had no idea that this was the same head unit as the other manufacturers were offering for far less cabbage.

Thanks for chiming in gents.. As always, you guys are well informed, and to the point.

Keith
All three use the same EATON TVS 2300 rotor group...completely different cases to house them in though. Not sure "head unit" is the right description.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:52 PM
NJLS708
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
All three use the same EATON TVS 2300 rotor group...completely different cases to house them in though. Not sure "head unit" is the right description.

I would probably use the term "rotating assembly" instead of head unit.

Get notified of new replies

To OEM LS9 Blower

Quick Reply: OEM LS9 Blower