C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T trim or YSI

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Spying Beast
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default T trim or YSI

Does anyone know the price for each or the price you paid off the top of your head? Also, will the YSi require an 8 rib pulley upgrade?
Old 10-22-2010, 11:02 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

I traded my T-trim for a Ysi plus cash

my T-trim required an 8 rib
Old 10-22-2010, 11:20 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Spying Beast
Does anyone know the price for each or the price you paid off the top of your head? Also, will the YSi require an 8 rib pulley upgrade?
You will most certainly need an 8-Rib to drive the YSI. Drive power is MUCH higher for those big blowers; it'd be pointless to even try it with a 6-Rib.
Vortech lists all their prices online. At full retail a T-Trim costs about $2900 depending on the casing (helical vs straight cut gears, self oiled vs engine fed, satin vs polished involute). and the YSi costs $3400. Dealer cost is lower of course.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/
Old 10-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Spying Beast
Drifting

Originally Posted by drivinfast
I traded my T-trim for a Ysi plus cash

my T-trim required an 8 rib
How much did you come out of pocket on the trade-up?
Old 10-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Spying Beast
Drifting

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
You will most certainly need an 8-Rib to drive the YSI. Drive power is MUCH higher for those big blowers; it'd be pointless to even try it with a 6-Rib.
Vortech lists all their prices online. At full retail a T-Trim costs about $2900 depending on the casing (helical vs straight cut gears, self oiled vs engine fed, satin vs polished involute). and the YSi costs $3400. Dealer cost is lower of course.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/
Thank you kind sir. As always, you are a wealth of valuable information.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:09 AM
Silver Bullet C6
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12

I'd call A&A on the T-trim vs. Ysi cost question, but the main question you have to ask is how much power are you shooting for? I was comparing the different Vortech blowers on their website and man that Ysi is impressive. I am also considering switching out to a T-trim from my Si-trim, but my next mod will be upgrading the A6 trans. I'm happy with the Si and a 3.4 pulley...until next year. Good luck with your choice.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Spying Beast
Drifting

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet C6
I'd call A&A on the T-trim vs. Ysi cost question, but the main question you have to ask is how much power are you shooting for? I was comparing the different Vortech blowers on their website and man that Ysi is impressive. I am also considering switching out to a T-trim from my Si-trim, but my next mod will be upgrading the A6 trans. I'm happy with the Si and a 3.4 pulley...until next year. Good luck with your choice.
Yes Sir, the A&A email has been sent, I was just looking for a more immediate reply, as well as some A&A swap/upgrade prices that existing members have gotten.

I'm running a Si Trim V3 right now, but will be sending the car back to the mainland US for an engine build. No offense to the local guys here in Hawaii, but I just don't think they have the raw experience with corvette specific builds and I need to know that this is done right. I want my car to run 100% instead of 99... and that can only be done by corvette specific experts.

Although I'll probably shoot for 750-800 whp, I don't want to limit myself in the future in case I lose the rest of my marbles...

I know the T-Trim maxes out at about 750 or so, and that would limit the build at that point. Having said that, I wanted to just go big and back of the boost with a fully built motor. That way, I'll have a "bullet proof" block with all the power I want, AND the ability to turn it up with a pulley swap... I don't want a 1000 hp beast, I just want to know that I've got options in case I get beat on the street, which has not happened yet.

Thanks for the input fellas, very much appreciated!

Old 10-23-2010, 09:38 PM
master blaster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i foiund a online website quoting $2700 for a new ysi.....i think it was satin finish.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:22 PM
aTX427
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Go with the Ysi. It is a great head unit. Remember, you can always run a restrictor plate until you are ready to turn up the boost.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Riggs
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just made 737whp with the T-Trim and 3.4 pulley on straight 101 octane last night, 17 degrees of timing.

Completely factory long block, stock heads/cam, etc.

Stock clutch!

Only fuel mod is a MSD BAP....
Old 10-27-2010, 11:52 AM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Riggs
I just made 737whp with the T-Trim and 3.4 pulley on straight 101 octane last night, 17 degrees of timing.

Stock clutch!

Old 10-27-2010, 01:07 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Stock clutch!

Tick, Tick, Tick....
Old 10-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Riggs
Racer

Heh, ive alwaya been a gambling man. Feel confident my tune is money......to be determined.

Will post a dyno graph tonight when i get home.....

And this was on a mustang dyno loaded......probably 750+ on a Dynojet.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Personally, I'd do a T Trim with 8 rib. 3.125 pulley and 8" balancer.
That makes a nice daily driver.
It's just a good street combination, in my opinion.

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107
Old 10-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Yes Sir, the A&A email has been sent, I was just looking for a more immediate reply, as well as some A&A swap/upgrade prices that existing members have gotten.

I'm running a Si Trim V3 right now, but will be sending the car back to the mainland US for an engine build. No offense to the local guys here in Hawaii, but I just don't think they have the raw experience with corvette specific builds and I need to know that this is done right. I want my car to run 100% instead of 99... and that can only be done by corvette specific experts.

Although I'll probably shoot for 750-800 whp, I don't want to limit myself in the future in case I lose the rest of my marbles...

I know the T-Trim maxes out at about 750 or so, and that would limit the build at that point. Having said that, I wanted to just go big and back of the boost with a fully built motor. That way, I'll have a "bullet proof" block with all the power I want, AND the ability to turn it up with a pulley swap... I don't want a 1000 hp beast, I just want to know that I've got options in case I get beat on the street, which has not happened yet.

Thanks for the input fellas, very much appreciated!

understand where you coming from.I would do the same when it comes to engine build.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 AM
0Mike Yeager@Eastcoast Performance
Former Vendor

Mike Yeager@Eastcoast Performance's Avatar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, it really depends on your engine build...How many cube's..?? Do you have a Water/meth kit..?? What type of balancer are you running or going to run..??

We custom build dozens of SC Corvettes every year...we also sell & ship about every custom performance part available for the C5's & C6's...

You can make 12-13lbs of boost on a YSI with a 6-rib set up, and the correct belt..!!

Call me and I will be glad to help in anyway I can...
Old 10-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Riggs
Racer

This is the T-Trim with the 3.4 pulley......all factory long block, stock cam, etc....101 octane unleaded gas...

Just the MSD Boost-A-Pump and 60 lb injectors....

The before is the 3.8 pulley with same mods....93 octane.

Get notified of new replies

To T trim or YSI

Old 10-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Spying Beast
Drifting

This is the T-Trim with the 3.4 pulley......all factory long block, stock cam, etc....101 octane unleaded gas...

Just the MSD Boost-A-Pump and 60 lb injectors....

The before is the 3.8 pulley with same mods....93 octane.

Dam man, that's a boat load of ponies to be pushing through a stock set-up...

I give you credit, you've got far more in-******** fortitude than most, I hope your check book matches that set.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:35 AM
raycer
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

:
Are you selling the v3 si?
Old 10-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Riggs
Racer

I give you credit, you've got far more in-******** fortitude than most, I hope your check book matches that set.

Quick Reply: T trim or YSI