C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Callaway Chris:S/C Grand Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 PM
JBHunter
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Callaway Chris:S/C Grand Sport

Got to meet Chris from Callaway Corvettes today at the Winter NCRS Corvette Meet today in Kissimmee (Orlando).

I really enjoyed talking with him about the performance and reliability and GAS mileage of their great cars...

He drives a 2010 Grand Sport Coupe with their 606 HP option on it...many of you have probably seen his car around the US...he has about 65,000 miles on it...engine never touched since new. He has checked (calculated) his mileage recently on a trip from AZ to OK...he got 28.2 miles per gal...real not DIC computer mieage.

Great engine performance package, great mileage, fantastic reliability...and a warranty. The Callaway Team really has a fantastic product.

They also had a Black Z06 with the 652 HP package there...amazing.

Couple nice features with the Grand Sport...you can get a convert, or, the top comes off...and if desired, you can get an automatic.

Give a Callaway Corvette some consideration or Look At sometime folks.
It is a very high performance Corvette, with a warranty, and fantastic ALL AROUND performance with Amazing gas mileage for over 600 HP...in contrast with the ZR1 which some are getting much less...

By the way, they are a Forum Sponsor here, and Chris is willing and able to answer any and all questions about their product, and help put you in touch with one of their many dealers through out the US.

I enjoyed meeting Callaway Chris, talking with him, and learning more about these fine Callaway Corvettes...606 HP or 652 HP Z06 cars...
Thanks Chris, for your time and our talk today.

Jim
Old 01-29-2011, 10:09 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I met Chris a couple of years ago. Nice guy, Callaway all the way. I have some of the early Callaways when they were a factory option. Great company and outstanding service. Very nice produce if you want to keep warranty.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:15 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Callaway uses the wrong kind of blower for this crowd. I think they use that heat soakin' blow torch Maggie
Old 01-29-2011, 10:29 PM
jsilvz
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Callaway uses the wrong kind of blower for this crowd. I think they use that heat soakin' blow torch Maggie
Eaton 2300TVS
Old 01-29-2011, 10:33 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by JBHunter
Got to meet Chris from Callaway Corvettes today at the Winter NCRS Corvette Meet today in Kissimmee (Orlando).

I really enjoyed talking with him about the performance and reliability and GAS mileage of their great cars...

He drives a 2010 Grand Sport Coupe with their 606 HP option on it...many of you have probably seen his car around the US...he has about 65,000 miles on it...engine never touched since new. He has checked (calculated) his mileage recently on a trip from AZ to OK...he got 28.2 miles per gal...real not DIC computer mieage.

Great engine performance package, great mileage, fantastic reliability...and a warranty. The Callaway Team really has a fantastic product.

They also had a Black Z06 with the 652 HP package there...amazing.

Couple nice features with the Grand Sport...you can get a convert, or, the top comes off...and if desired, you can get an automatic.

Give a Callaway Corvette some consideration or Look At sometime folks.
It is a very high performance Corvette, with a warranty, and fantastic ALL AROUND performance with Amazing gas mileage for over 600 HP...in contrast with the ZR1 which some are getting much less...

By the way, they are a Forum Sponsor here, and Chris is willing and able to answer any and all questions about their product, and help put you in touch with one of their many dealers through out the US.

I enjoyed meeting Callaway Chris, talking with him, and learning more about these fine Callaway Corvettes...606 HP or 652 HP Z06 cars...
Thanks Chris, for your time and our talk today.

Jim

Jim,

Thank you - great to visit with you, as well

I had no idea our chat would end up as a thread online - glad I was on top of my game this weekend. Your comments are genuinely appreciated!
Old 01-29-2011, 10:34 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
I met Chris a couple of years ago. Nice guy, Callaway all the way. I have some of the early Callaways when they were a factory option. Great company and outstanding service. Very nice produce if you want to keep warranty.
Arnold, Thanks!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:36 PM
JBHunter
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris
Jim,

Thank you - great to visit with you, as well

I had no idea our chat would end up as a thread online - glad I was on top of my game this weekend. Your comments are genuinely appreciated!
Chris, I appreciated your time you spent, your knowledge, your experiences, and the cars...

You are a real asset to your organization...and our hobby.

If anyone is interested in a higher performance Corvette, I truly believe a Callaway should be considered...

Want a hot Grand Sport convertible or an automatic so the wifey can drive it? Talk to Chris, get your questions answered, and he can help you find a dealer for a test drive...

People like Chris help folks like us with the facts, and what you can expect with these fine cars...

28 mpg on a trip with 606 horsepower...an AMAZING Callaway Grand Sport...at least one "race" where a Callaway beats a ZR1...

Again, Chris...Thank you for your visit!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

chris has a great job trying to wear out that callaway

car is as much as you can put down and very reliable

when he's in town he hangs with us at all the croozes and organizes some really good ones to get out and enjoy the cars!

true Iron A Callaway road warrior that proves the product durability and performance

nice ride!
Old 01-30-2011, 02:28 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JBHunter
Chris, I appreciated your time you spent, your knowledge, your experiences, and the cars...

You are a real asset to your organization...and our hobby.

If anyone is interested in a higher performance Corvette, I truly believe a Callaway should be considered...

Want a hot Grand Sport convertible or an automatic so the wifey can drive it? Talk to Chris, get your questions answered, and he can help you find a dealer for a test drive...

People like Chris help folks like us with the facts, and what you can expect with these fine cars...

28 mpg on a trip with 606 horsepower...an AMAZING Callaway Grand Sport...at least one "race" where a Callaway beats a ZR1...

Again, Chris...Thank you for your visit!
Originally Posted by Rkreigh
chris has a great job trying to wear out that callaway

car is as much as you can put down and very reliable

when he's in town he hangs with us at all the croozes and organizes some really good ones to get out and enjoy the cars!

true Iron A Callaway road warrior that proves the product durability and performance

nice ride!
Thanks, guys
Old 01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris
Thanks, guys
Just don't mention the 28.2 MPG over in the C6 general section. That little tidbit of info might cause the GS haters heads to explode.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:54 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Just don't mention the 28.2 MPG over in the C6 general section. That little tidbit of info might cause the GS haters heads to explode.
I will say in the interest of complete disclosure, our last car, a 2008 coupe, achieved 32 mpg using the same calculations/conditions.

Still, GS has greater rolling resistance from wider tires, and the wider bodywork. That explains the decrease in fuel economy.

Get notified of new replies

To Callaway Chris:S/C Grand Sport

Quick Reply: Callaway Chris:S/C Grand Sport