C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My LS7 roll racer 86 coupe,LME LSX 440,Twin billet 71's and a t56 magnum

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:44 PM
JSB LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Loving everything about this thing......I've wanted an LS notch since people first started doing them....
Old 05-26-2011, 12:02 AM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-26-2011, 02:07 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by 6.0Lcoupe
I posted it up here because it is a LS7 based setup. I have been on here for sometime and just like all the other car forums the LS7 boys like to see modded LS7's performance and gains etc...

I like vettes alot!! But I like racing and cruising alot more. I wanted a car that didnt scare people off when the rolled up on it. Something that said easy kill!! But I also wanted something that was strong,light and had the less amount of weak points. Something that was simple to work on and something that I would not shXt puppies if it got a scratch or chip in the paint.

I sat down a pencil whipped the shxt out of alot of different builds before deciding to do this one. I thought about my priorities. Go fast straight from a roll. Dont need good mpg,1g turns,0-100-0 or worry about taking the wife to dinner in it. I dont need AC or PS for going straight. Those are all things that just cost more money and lead to more problems.

Dont misunderstand me!!! Im not hating on vettes!! Everyone has different priorities. Some want to go fast on 20' radials,some want to stick with irs and t56's, some are hell bent on keeping the creature comforts, some want a car that will do everything and I respect that. I want to go fast straight with the most bulletproof car I can. Something I can beat the crap out of with the least amout of issues.

Mustangs are light to start,can get crazy 60ft's,the 8.8 will take low 8 sec passes,everything is cheap compared to other cars....its the perfect race car with a inspection sticker. Being a 86 I dont have to worry about emissions just a safety inspection.

If you were cruised up on a car that looked like this

tell me you wouldnt think in your mind!! I would pound that guy!!!
lol
I really appreciate your thought process!!
Very nice job, and I can only imagine this car will stomp the hell out of many victims! haha
You are putting a lot of work into this and have to be commended for it!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:55 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

great build up and thanks very much for all the detailed specs, pics

wise choice, start with a very light, inexpensive mustang that you can build a proper chassis for to support the power that monster TT lsx can dish out

I totally disagree with doing this to a vette unless you have VERY deep pockets to build the drivetrain and chassis to support these power levels

I have a TT z06 and 800 rwhp is about it even with the automatic setup for my budget level much beyond that, you need to start thinking about a whole different drivetrain

for the real power, I have a 1980 drag vette with a 4 link and ford modular 9" rear and spool

that rascal will pull a 1.36 60 ft time on only 520 at the tire

kudos on a very fine build up. you are going to have a car that will really haul the mail without paying the "vette tax" to get the car to hold up under that level of HP

can you please post more info about dbrods and the price associated with their custom turbo kit? very nice work. well engineered, and you have lots of room to grow
Old 05-26-2011, 12:38 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by vrybad
lol
I really appreciate your thought process!!
Very nice job, and I can only imagine this car will stomp the hell out of many victims! haha
You are putting a lot of work into this and have to be commended for it!
Thank you!! It may not be king of the street but I look forward to the double takes from people!

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
great build up and thanks very much for all the detailed specs, pics

wise choice, start with a very light, inexpensive mustang that you can build a proper chassis for to support the power that monster TT lsx can dish out

I totally disagree with doing this to a vette unless you have VERY deep pockets to build the drivetrain and chassis to support these power levels

I have a TT z06 and 800 rwhp is about it even with the automatic setup for my budget level much beyond that, you need to start thinking about a whole different drivetrain

for the real power, I have a 1980 drag vette with a 4 link and ford modular 9" rear and spool

that rascal will pull a 1.36 60 ft time on only 520 at the tire

kudos on a very fine build up. you are going to have a car that will really haul the mail without paying the "vette tax" to get the car to hold up under that level of HP
We are on the same wave link sir!!

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
can you please post more info about dbrods and the price associated with their custom turbo kit? very nice work. well engineered, and you have lots of room to grow

DBRODS is a buddy of my mine that I met street racing a few years ago. He has always been a hotrodder,drag racing and street racer with mad skills. He has been in the game for sometime. He has a engineering degree and lots of schooling in his background. He is a perfectionist and puts his passion into what he does like the old school engine builders and old shop builders. He does nothing half ***....... he will do what the customer asks him to do but will make suggestions for it to be better and more user friendly.

He does not have a bunch of kids running around there working for him just collecting a pay check that dont care about quality control or customers. He is the owner and operator of the shop. LONE RANGER. We you call you get him. The work you get is done by him. Nothing is preformed...everything he does is a one off for your specs. He uses to bagged trucks for people..all the chassis, channeling,shortening axles,etc,etc along with building motors and such!! Dont let that deture you...... He is a racer to the core!!! His personal truck is a 95 extended cab chevy that is nothing short of nasty!!

Im sure your thinking whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......... ......well it made a mir 812whp on the dyno.

And you may recongize other one of his master pieces... Setup consist of a 403 with L92 heads and twin 76mm masterpower turbos, TH400, sheet metal intake, 4link and a few other things. everything fabbed by him..intake,fuel cell,cage...everything in shop..

Holds the record for the fastest TBSS in the world..

YouTube - Tttbss 9.03@151.9

I really cant give you a price on just the kit simply because he is doing some much work the turbo kit is not itemized from the bill. If you want something quoted I can PM you his number. You wont be disappointed with the price. You definately get more then you pay for..

Last edited by 6.0Lcoupe; 05-26-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:08 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great Work, I love it! Builds like this are becoming much more common as the fox body mustang build quite possibly the best drag car out there. (of course this is debateable) Keep it up man, cant wait to see on the dragstrip. Although I would have gone to Team Z motorsports for the suspension parts.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:54 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Great Work, I love it! Builds like this are becoming much more common as the fox body mustang build quite possibly the best drag car out there. (of course this is debateable) Keep it up man, cant wait to see on the dragstrip. Although I would have gone to Team Z motorsports for the suspension parts.
They are and it's crazy that it's basicly a easy swap now. Down to the hydraulics.

Team z makes good stuff... I have seen Jegs control arms cut 1.15-1.20 60fts so I don't get behind the big name brand suspension in some areas.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:39 AM
'Trust'
Heel & Toe

Killer dude, killer.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:41 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Killer dude, killer.
thank you sir
Old 05-27-2011, 03:22 PM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Man! Nice job! Nevermind all the haters crying about posting a "Mustang" on a Vette board. I will have to keep my eye out for you and not fall into the "trap" you have set. When will she be out on a late Saturday night?
Old 05-27-2011, 08:32 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Man! Nice job! Nevermind all the haters crying about posting a "Mustang" on a Vette board. I will have to keep my eye out for you and not fall into the "trap" you have set. When will she be out on a late Saturday night?
I will sit down the road from your shop and wait for you to leave. Once the car is back from DBRODS I hope to have it fired up in a few weeks. Still alot of work to do.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Way2Slow
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
I will sit down the road from your shop and wait for you to leave. Once the car is back from DBRODS I hope to have it fired up in a few weeks. Still alot of work to do.
You two play nice now The coupe is coming along nicely, can't wait to get this thing finished up
Old 05-30-2011, 06:54 PM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Ya, like I drive it to work. Might catch me in the old ladies car though.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:07 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Old 06-07-2011, 01:43 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

That is so sick! I've always wanted to build an ultimate sleeper, I was considering something similar but using a conversion van.

Looks great can't wait to hear it running.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:30 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 06-07-2011, 03:54 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
That is so sick! I've always wanted to build an ultimate sleeper, I was considering something similar but using a conversion van.

Looks great can't wait to hear it running.
this is what the motor will retire in

Originally Posted by Steve@AandACorvette
thank you sir!!

Get notified of new replies

To My LS7 roll racer 86 coupe,LME LSX 440,Twin billet 71's and a t56 magnum

Old 06-07-2011, 04:55 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

this is what the motor will retire in

thank you sir!!
EVIL what do you think of painting on a rusty finish to make the car seem old and worn?
Old 06-07-2011, 05:27 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
EVIL what do you think of painting on a rusty finish to make the car seem old and worn?
Cant do it man!! My pops bought her brand new in 82 and has been threw two divorces and on hell of a crazy life with her. I would probably tint the windows and minitub so I could wided the 15' wheels. Built a 4l80e for it and cruise!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:18 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Cant do it man!! My pops bought her brand new in 82 and has been threw two divorces and on hell of a crazy life with her. I would probably tint the windows and minitub so I could wided the 15' wheels. Built a 4l80e for it and cruise!
Woah thats some history, take car of it.

Quick Reply: My LS7 roll racer 86 coupe,LME LSX 440,Twin billet 71's and a t56 magnum