C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YSi or TTix .. Street Car??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:33 PM
QTR-Z06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default YSi or TTix .. Street Car??

Hey guys,

I know this question was asked before .. I tried finding the thread for it but I couldnt find it ... Anyway, I'm currently working on a forged 427 block .. In the beginning I wanted a YSi kit .. Then I thought which one would live longer?!! :-/ .. I asked the garage I'm getting my work done at .. He recommended the turbos from start but I kinda went with the cheaper method .. But now I kinda want the TTix kit 65 mm head units "I think"

So do u guys think I should go ahead ?!!! The difference is huge >_<

Thanks
-Moe
Old 06-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

TT all the way. You will love Turbos on a V8. For a bit more money, the sound and the TQ will put smile on your face EVERY time.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:12 PM
QTR-Z06
Racer

you could say that again .. just thinking about it makes my brain go

but I'm not sure about the part when you said: a bit more money

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks
TT all the way. You will love Turbos on a V8. For a bit more money, the sound and the TQ will put smile on your face EVERY time.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:56 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The TTs are more expensive, initially, but they have tend to have the most up-side potential and are total torque monsters.

I've had centrifugal and positive displacement superchargers as well as twin turbos. Turbos are the most expensive, but the most fun, at least for me.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Originally Posted by QTR-Z06
:but I'm not sure about the part when you said: a bit more money
You own a Z06. Your building a forged engine... Comparing the difference between a TT and S/C with your overall investment, is a "Bit" more money.

It's like you spend $20K on a home sound system, but you don't get the right speaker wires. That inexpensive wire will ruin the whole $20K sound experience.

A Forged Z06 deserves a nice TT. You won't be sorry!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

It's like you spend $20K on a home sound system, but you don't get the right speaker wires. That inexpensive wire will ruin the whole $20K sound experience.
Good analogy if it were true. Expensive speaker wires aren't actually worth it lol.

I do however fully support the TT car idea. It's nice being able to spool the turbos without down-shifting.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:14 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I have had both Supercharged and TT cars so did the guy who posted above me Hey Drew

If I were to do it all over again, it will again be TT. As said above, no downshifting to spool, total toque monsters and a completely different level of fun.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Originally Posted by Drewstein
Good analogy if it were true. Expensive speaker wires aren't actually worth it lol.
Then you haven't had a top notch sound system to see what wires can do.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:11 AM
QTR-Z06
Racer

thanks .. I'm afraid of tech problems with the turbos.. While these problems are less common with the blower kits.

Originally Posted by mdaniel
The TTs are more expensive, initially, but they have tend to have the most up-side potential and are total torque monsters.

I've had centrifugal and positive displacement superchargers as well as twin turbos. Turbos are the most expensive, but the most fun, at least for me.

Last edited by QTR-Z06; 06-05-2011 at 05:03 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:19 AM
master blaster
Drifting

But turbos are to quiet!
Superchargers sound awesome at wot!....for me that's half the fun!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:19 AM
QTR-Z06
Racer

True ..

Well the engine is not yet back from the shop .. The YSi kit is in the box waiting for installation .. But I told the garage to wait

You own a Z06. Your building a forged engine... Comparing the difference between a TT and S/C with your overall investment, is a "Bit" more money.

A Forged Z06 deserves a nice TT. You won't be sorry!
thanks .. But which one caused less trouble ?

Originally Posted by FactoryRaceCar
I have had both Supercharged and TT cars so did the guy who posted above me Hey Drew

If I were to do it all over again, it will again be TT. As said above, no downshifting to spool, total toque monsters and a completely different level of fun.

thank you .. Definitely thinking about the turbo

Originally Posted by Drewstein

I do however fully support the TT car idea. It's nice being able to spool the turbos without down-shifting.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:27 AM
QTR-Z06
Racer

they're quite you say?!!!

That's no fun

But still .. My concern is engine life, with nooooo problems .. The best part about the supercharger .. It's cheap and would give me the same amount of power .. Kinda the same

But I love how the turbos pull with full throttle

Originally Posted by master blaster
But turbos are to quiet!
Superchargers sound awesome at wot!....for me that's half the fun!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:16 AM
Corvette_c6_AD
Advanced

I would say think about it 3 times before you buy the supercharger. You will not be disappointment with the TT.

I just installed TVS2300 with 8psi of boost + Long tube 1'' 7/8 not cats and i was thinking i will reach the 550 whp and tq 580 but i couldn't, i reached 509whp and tq 545 i know the Cinterfugel power is different than TVS.

But now the funny will start. I just ordered my TTIX 6265 billet + 3'' downpipes will turn the boost to 10psi + Meth and camshaft from V. Speed by Shawn and RSI stage 3 fuel system kit. I would love to see the whp at 700+ and wtq 700+. Once i get everything done will post the result.

Khaleefa.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:51 AM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

thanks .. I'm afraid of tech problems with the turbos.. While these problems are less common with the blower kits.
You can have problems with any power adder. The problems vary depending on the combo. For example, with superchargers the issues can be things like bad/broken tensioners, idlers, pulleys, etc. With turbos it's things like hoses getting lose, heat, etc.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:58 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My vote goes to YSI..... Turbos are great, but there is alot more that can go wrong with them. As ive said in the past, if someone would R&D and build a serious SINGLE turbo setup for these cars I would be all over it. But twins is just a hassle in my book.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:11 AM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you have a competent installer there shouldn't be any problems with both kits.

Last edited by Rob@ChampionMotors; 06-05-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:35 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7
My vote goes to YSI..... Turbos are great, but there is alot more that can go wrong with them. As ive said in the past, if someone would R&D and build a serious SINGLE turbo setup for these cars I would be all over it. But twins is just a hassle in my book.
I have to respectfully completely disagree with that statement.

You have no increased possibility of losing a belt, and if the kit uses high quality hoses and fittings, leaks are mostly nonexistent in both the fluid and charge air systems.

I ran my TT vette for a solid 50,000 boosted miles, and it was flawless.

Get notified of new replies

To YSi or TTix .. Street Car??

Old 06-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Slwsvt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much power are you shooting for? I am at 850rwhp with my forged 427, YSI, Alky and supporting mods. That is damn plenty for drag radials and most cars on the street. In my experience the blower cars hit harder off the bat then turbo cars.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:50 PM
QTR-Z06
Racer

I think for the blower you have that's the max gain would reach with that set up for an LS7( I could be wrong )

you could of got more with an A&A kit with a cam .. but still an issue with high compression

I know I wouldn't be disappointed but the freakin' deference in cost between the two

Thanks Khaleefa

I'm looking forward to see your results .. hopefully good numbers

Originally Posted by Corvette_c6_AD
I would say think about it 3 times before you buy the supercharger. You will not be disappointment with the TT.

I just installed TVS2300 with 8psi of boost + Long tube 1'' 7/8 not cats and i was thinking i will reach the 550 whp and tq 580 but i couldn't, i reached 509whp and tq 545 i know the Cinterfugel power is different than TVS.

But now the funny will start. I just ordered my TTIX 6265 billet + 3'' downpipes will turn the boost to 10psi + Meth and camshaft from V. Speed by Shawn and RSI stage 3 fuel system kit. I would love to see the whp at 700+ and wtq 700+. Once i get everything done will post the result.

Khaleefa.
True

I'm pretty sure the problems would be minimal in both scenarios
cause I'll have the work done at an experienced garage

Originally Posted by mdaniel
You can have problems with any power adder. The problems vary depending on the combo. For example, with superchargers the issues can be things like bad/broken tensioners, idlers, pulleys, etc. With turbos it's things like hoses getting lose, heat, etc.
Hmmmm .. A lot has been said but most of the guys are with TTix's
this is hard

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Well .. I guess that's covered .. I'm having my work in an awesome garage in DE

Originally Posted by Rob@ChampionMotors
If you have a competent installer there shouldn't be any problems with both kits.
.. thanks for the positive reply

Originally Posted by vrybad
I have to respectfully completely disagree with that statement.

You have no increased possibility of losing a belt, and if the kit uses high quality hoses and fittings, leaks are mostly nonexistent in both the fluid and charge air systems.

I ran my TT vette for a solid 50,000 boosted miles, and it was flawless.
the power is around what you're pulling maybe a bit more .. we'll see

Well .. the YSi is awesome hands down .. but my concern is the extra load the belt adds on the motor

Originally Posted by Slwsvt
How much power are you shooting for? I am at 850rwhp with my forged 427, YSI, Alky and supporting mods. That is damn plenty for drag radials and most cars on the street. In my experience the blower cars hit harder off the bat then turbo cars.

Order .. Order .. One more thing I forgot to mention !!

Once I'm done with the build its going to be shipped overseas

where the weather is going to be a blazing 110 F in the summer and a nice cool weather in winters .. plus humidity in the air

So if any thought how would that affect the over all performance

again considering the car to have this much power ... obviously it not a daily driver

I kinda planed it all with a big radiator and electric water pump and a thermostat ... so yeah I wanted to share that info as well

and thank you all
Sincerely
-Moe
Old 06-05-2011, 03:05 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Slwsvt
In my experience the blower cars hit harder off the bat then turbo cars.
My experience is totally opposite of yours. All things essentially equal and same HP actually Turbos hit so hard it's not even a comparison due to torque they produce down low. Not to mention the benefits of no loss in power at higher altitude, total sleeper and zero belt issues.

Quick Reply: YSi or TTix .. Street Car??