C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on Lignefelter SC package.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:03 PM
zero05
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on Lignefelter SC package.

Looking for any reviews and info on the Lingenfelter 670hp Edelbrock Package on a LS3 engine. I know it's based off the Edelbrock SC which I've read has great reliability and reviews. What about the LS3 ported heads and GT9 supercharger camshaft? Will these hurt reliability and everyday drivability?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Le Mans Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

The blower cam helps you obtain more power out of the blower, ported heads would not hurt reliability or driveability. The more power you obtain, the less reliable the car becomes (To a degree....). If you don't want the camshaft or ported heads you can just do the s/c install by itself.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:30 AM
zero05
Racer

Ya I was debating whether or not to go with just the SC or go alittle further. Wanted to make sure it wouldnt kill street driving to have anything extra than the SC. thanks for the info
Old 06-07-2011, 04:22 AM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zero05
Ya I was debating whether or not to go with just the SC or go alittle further. Wanted to make sure it wouldnt kill street driving to have anything extra than the SC. thanks for the info
Then port the heads it will lower the Torque for better street driving.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Threshold
Then port the heads it will lower the Torque for better street driving.
Not sure I really agree that to improve street driving, I would suggest to somebody to port their heads. Porting heads will not result in lower torque numbers either on a FI car in all cases.

When your forcing air in to the L92 heads, I don't know how much difference it will make on the intake side. I think the exhaust side will benefit more from a little work and probably leave the intake side alone. I'm sure the experts can chime in on this.

OP, the GT9 cam has proven very good results on a couple forum members cars here. I'd ask around. There are quite a few guys with a lot of knowledge of PD blowers and specific cams to go with.

If it were me, I'd go with a centri blower. If you are set on a PD blower, I'd add exhaust and the proper cam, and leave the heads alone. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:49 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

I'd leave the heads alone too. LS3 heads are pretty good units as cast by GM. I can't believe the $/hp gained ratio is a very good one swapping LS3 heads. I wouldn't use the Comp Cams LSK lobes (which the GT9 uses) on anything. Too much lift and too hard on the springs. I'm sure you'll be told different and sold a very expensive set of valve springs. 247 duration .656 lift exhaust lobe? On a 670 engine hp (590 rwhp?) build? As much as I don't like the LS9 cam, I'd sure use it before using the GT9 cam. Better yet would be to have Pat G spec you one for your exact wants and needs. I'd bet that's not an option if you go with Lingenfelter.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:52 PM
zero05
Racer

Originally Posted by old motorhead
I'd leave the heads alone too. LS3 heads are pretty good units as cast by GM. I can't believe the $/hp gained ratio is a very good one swapping LS3 heads. I wouldn't use the Comp Cams LSK lobes (which the GT9 uses) on anything. Too much lift and too hard on the springs. I'm sure you'll be told different and sold a very expensive set of valve springs. 247 duration .656 lift exhaust lobe? On a 670 engine hp (590 rwhp?) build? As much as I don't like the LS9 cam, I'd sure use it before using the GT9 cam. Better yet would be to have Pat G spec you one for your exact wants and needs. I'd bet that's not an option if you go with Lingenfelter.
Ya unfortunetly the package has to both add the GT9 and port the heads to achieve the 670hp number. Think is would be better to get a base package and then add a better camshaft for the engine and not port heads at all?

I overlooked the Comp Cams dual valve springs, titanium retainers, and 10 degree locks that come with the package. Would this solve the high lift the GT9 creates?

Last edited by zero05; 06-07-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:24 PM
APSGTO
Racer

The GT9 cam makes huge power and have heard that it is very streetable despite the high lift. It will eat valve springs though. I would worry less about how the cam specs look and focus more on how it performs. 215/247 .629/.656 will throw red flags for most but Lingenfelter and several other tuners have had great results with this cam on LS3 heads ported or not.

Last edited by APSGTO; 06-07-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:57 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

The Linginfelter 670bhp engine package is a lot more then removeing the heads and porting them, replacing the cam and then slapping on a blower. It is a package that includes forged pistons/rods, plus other work to ensure the engine is reliable. Don't compare it with taking you car to a tuner/speedshop and having them do a cam/SC install for less bucks.

670 BHP / 630 lbs-ft of torque

- Engine removal, disassembly and inspection
- Lingenfelter CNC porting of LS3 cylinder heads
- Lingenfelter multi-angle valve job, cc cylinder chambers
- OE 2.165" hollow stem intake / 1.59" heavy duty Inconnel exhaust valves
- Surfacing for correct compression, Competition Cams valve springs
- Mahle forged coated aluminum pistons and tool steel pins
- Manley 4340 forged billet steel “I” beam connecting rods
- Computer balanced LS3 crankshaft & rotating assembly
- Total seal file fit rings
- Clevite Heavy duty rod & main bearings
- Head gaskets, head bolts
- Lingenfelter GT9 supercharger camshaft
- TVS2300 intercooled supercharger system
- Black powder coated finish
- Based on OEM Eaton supercharger unit
- Fuel system upgrades and properly sized fuel injectors
- 160 Degree thermostat
- Ported & polished LS3 throttle body
- Lingenfelter High Flow Air Intake
- Lingenfelter C6 Corvette SV2, SV3 or SV4 supercharger hood
- SV2 on Yellow car SV3 on White & Jet Stream Blue car, SV4 Cyber Grey car
- Professional painting and finishing of hood for perfect match
- Professional engine installation, testing & tuning
- Chassis dyno report before & after installation
- Excellent drivability, highway mileage not adversely affected
- Lingenfelter 3 year/ 36,000 mile warranty
- Lingenfelter certificate of authenticity

Package price – $21,995.00
Old 06-07-2011, 05:06 PM
zero05
Racer

Originally Posted by JoesC5
The Linginfelter 670bhp engine package is a lot more then removeing the heads and porting them, replacing the cam and then slapping on a blower. It is a package that includes forged pistons/rods, plus other work to ensure the engine is reliable. Don't compare it with taking you car to a tuner/speedshop and having them do a cam/SC install for less bucks.

- 160 Degree thermostat

Where did you get this info? On their site it only listed half that stuff in the 670 package and the price is $13,995.

Nevermind your looking at the TVS2300 install. Im interesting in the E force 670hp install.

Last edited by zero05; 06-07-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:27 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Ya unfortunetly the package has to both add the GT9 and port the heads to achieve the 670hp number. Think is would be better to get a base package and then add a better camshaft for the engine and not port heads at all?

I overlooked the Comp Cams dual valve springs, titanium retainers, and 10 degree locks that come with the package. Would this solve the high lift the GT9 creates?
Yes, I'd get the EForce and a good exhaust (LT's and high flow cats if you must run cats). No way would I have the heads ported. There are lots of cam combo's out there that will out perform the GT9 and still play way nicer with your valve train. I'd bet the cam in my LS3 would do just that. 219/231 .607/.617 115LSA. The GT9 might catch it on the top end but I'd bet below 5500 rpm, there would be no contest. I know my valve springs are going to last longer.

Sure, those springs will last a while on top of the GT9 cam, but why fool with it? It's not making you any more power than a cam with milder lift numbers (and maybe slightly more duration). With a decent exhaust, there's absolutely no reason for a 247 duration .656 lift exhaust lobe on a build like this. Not for a minute saying it's not a great cam capable of great numbers.....just saying similar or better numbers can be had with a milder lift cam.

BTW: I've been making way more power than this for 2 years now with Maggie TVS, the 219/231 cam, and bolt ons. No, it's not a forged setup like JoesC5 itemized. If it does crater, I can then forge it and still come in way under the $22K for everything.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:04 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Where did you get this info? On their site it only listed half that stuff in the 670 package and the price is $13,995.

Nevermind your looking at the TVS2300 install. Im interesting in the E force 670hp install.
My bad. I looked at the Maggie engine instead of the E-Force.

Check the differences in torque. The Maggie setup has 630 lbs-ft and the E-Force 565 lbs-ft, with the same 670 HP. Don't know why the huge difference but it's the torque that is going to push you back in the seat on the street. They don't say, but the maggie might have lower compression and higher S/C boost since they use new pistons.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:40 PM
zero05
Racer

Yes, I'd get the EForce and a good exhaust (LT's and high flow cats if you must run cats). No way would I have the heads ported. There are lots of cam combo's out there that will out perform the GT9 and still play way nicer with your valve train. I'd bet the cam in my LS3 would do just that. 219/231 .607/.617 115LSA. The GT9 might catch it on the top end but I'd bet below 5500 rpm, there would be no contest. I know my valve springs are going to last longer.

Sure, those springs will last a while on top of the GT9 cam, but why fool with it? It's not making you any more power than a cam with milder lift numbers (and maybe slightly more duration). With a decent exhaust, there's absolutely no reason for a 247 duration .656 lift exhaust lobe on a build like this. Not for a minute saying it's not a great cam capable of great numbers.....just saying similar or better numbers can be had with a milder lift cam.

BTW: I've been making way more power than this for 2 years now with Maggie TVS, the 219/231 cam, and bolt ons. No, it's not a forged setup like JoesC5 itemized. If it does crater, I can then forge it and still come in way under the $22K for everything.
I see. Thanks for the info. What kind of Cam are you running? And which cam would you recommend for the base 600hp lingenfelter install?
Old 06-07-2011, 07:42 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

I see. Thanks for the info. What kind of Cam are you running? And which cam would you recommend for the base 600hp lingenfelter install?
My cam is one Pat G recommended for my setup. It's a Comp Cam ground by them using Pat G's specs with Comp's LSL lobes. I know just enough about cams to be dangerous. What works for me may, or may not be what would be best for you. I won't swap another cam without first consulting Pat G. He's not a sponsor here so I would suggest consulting him (he charges 25 bucks), getting the specs, and then using a forum vendor to order your cam. Most of the forum vendors are Comp Cams dealers. You can go direct to Comp Cams with your order, but you can just about always save a little coin going through one of the forum vendors. You save a little....dealer makes a little....everybody's happy. If you go direct to Comp, they will charge you full boat retail for the cam. I've seen dealers discount custom Comp grinds 10 to 15%.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:15 PM
APSGTO
Racer

Originally Posted by JoesC5

- 160 Degree thermostat

I noticed that they don't have aftermarket long tube headers on that list. Might be why the GT9 camshaft is so aggressive on the exhaust duration/lift.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:28 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by APSGTO
I noticed that they don't have aftermarket long tube headers on that list. Might be why the GT9 camshaft is so aggressive on the exhaust duration/lift.
I've wondered that too. I'm betting the vast majority of the users of the GT9 cam on this board have LT headers though. I've seen some pretty impressive power numbers on builds using the LS9 cam. Isn't the exhaust lobe on that cam something like 230 duration with about .550 lift? With that cam, you can use the stock springs, p'rods, and lifters.....and probably never have to worry about a broken valve spring, bent p'rod, or collapsed lifter.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:58 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

I've wondered that too. I'm betting the vast majority of the users of the GT9 cam on this board have LT headers though. I've seen some pretty impressive power numbers on builds using the LS9 cam. Isn't the exhaust lobe on that cam something like 230 duration with about .550 lift? With that cam, you can use the stock springs, p'rods, and lifters.....and probably never have to worry about a broken valve spring, bent p'rod, or collapsed lifter.
Yes, it is 230 on the exhaust. I'm guessing I picked up about 20-25hp with it when I added headers at the same time. I lost no boost with headers and the cam.

Get notified of new replies

To Info on Lignefelter SC package.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:10 PM
APSGTO
Racer

I've heard they both work extremely well with the L92 head. I'm betting lingenfelter wanted to keep there packages Carb friendly by keeping the stock manifolds.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:55 PM
zero05
Racer

For the same money would i be better off going with the 630HP TVS2300 SC package from Lingenfelter? This one?- http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...0-supercharger Would i be able to still use this hood - http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1577

thanks
Old 06-12-2011, 07:34 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

For the same money would i be better off going with the 630HP TVS2300 SC package from Lingenfelter? This one?- http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...0-supercharger Would i be able to still use this hood - http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1577

thanks
I'm missing what you get extra on the 630 hp package over the base Maggie package. Where's the 3 grand? How much power does the base package put down? You'd have to ask Lingy about the hood. You're already paying for one on both packages.

Quick Reply: Info on Lignefelter SC package.