C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock E-Force Noise in the Cabin?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Edelbrock E-Force Noise in the Cabin?

I'm trying to gather a bit of information on noise in the cabin for those of you who have installed the E-Force on a Grand Sport. I am beginning to be suspect that the cowl/firewall on the Grand Sport is contacting the back of the supercharger and transmitting sound through the firewall into the cabin. Perhaps the same issue as the 2007 and prior cars have.

Who has noise issues inside the car?

- I know Coolhand5599 has been complaining of a lot of noise inside his 2011 Grand Sport
- Abstruse1 had a recent post with same type complaint with his Grand Sport

...????

Last edited by Motorhead-47; 08-14-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:36 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I don't know about the grand sport but on my 07 C6 there would be contact for sure it the frame / body spacers were not installed.
The following users liked this post:
chief253 (04-22-2016)
Old 08-14-2011, 04:47 PM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
I don't know about the grand sport but on my 07 C6 there would be contact for sure it the frame / body spacers were not installed.
As you know, the spacers referenced (instruction 92) was not in the instructions of the early LS2 kits and I had a large amount of cabin noise. This noise was being transmitted through contact with the cowl. The body spacers referenced above were then installed and took care of the problem. This fix is part of all the later LS2 kits.

I would have had the kit removed if this fix didn't solve the problem.

Maybe the GS's are having the same problem with contact, the head of the E-Force unit is very close to the cowl, even on mine with the spaceres (less than 1/8").
Old 08-14-2011, 04:56 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I do know that a friend of mine just did a 2008 Z06. I believe he got the competition kit and the spacers were not there. I dont know if they were forgotten or normally not included. Anyway he needed them as the SC was contacting the cowl and edelbrock sent them out to him right away. I wonder if the people having noise (possibly contact) have used a specific kit that doesnt include the spacers.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Edelbrock has commented the spacers were only required for 2007 and earlier cars...both Z06 and LS2 cars.

It only takes a small contact spot to telescope the mechanical sounds into the cockpit....sorta like sticking a screwdriver to the valvecover and then putting your ear to the screwdriver to listen for noises.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:16 PM
mrgillies
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In an earlier post, I complained of a noise, like a vibration/water running noise, only there when you put in a good deal of power, the noise appears to be coming directly in front of me like its behind the air vents, I've checked everything but its still there, SC is running perfect though, I'm begining to believe its either the LG Superpros or something to do with the cowl, either way I've spent too long searching and learning to live with it.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock E-Force Noise in the Cabin?

Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-Force Noise in the Cabin?