C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help recovering stolen supercharger- $1000 REWARD

Old 08-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Help recovering stolen supercharger- $1000 REWARD

I could use some help in tracking down a stolen supercharger system.
The system was sold to a guy in Falling Rivers W. Virginia on June 9th and shipped to, Frederick Md. The customer (thief) told us he was in a hurry because he and his son were entering the car in some sort of cross country race. It may have been Bull Run or some other Bull Sh t.
Coincidently, the actual card holder also owns a Corvette, although a different model from what the kit was ordered for.
He ordered a T Trim, 8 rib pulley set and some other stuff totaling just over $9100.
The card holder denies having ordered the system and charged back the entire amount. We really have no way to dispute this.
This person who actually ordered the system had the card holders’ correct name and address as well as the CVV2 number on the back of the card. Evidently that doesn’t matter and the bank has taken the $9100 from my account. We will not be getting it back unless we go to arbitration (which will cost us at least another $500) and can prove that it was the actual card holder that received the system. We obviously have no way to prove that.
We hired a private detective who checked out the house and found some mail addressed to someone, we found out, has a history of credit card fraud. The mail was subsequently picked up, so someone is using this address as some sort of a mail or package drop.
The cell phone number he used was registered to a woman who also has a warrant for credit card fraud.
It’s quite obvious that this person ordered it for someone with a Corvette. It’s not an item that you would steal unless you had a buyer, or accomplice, with a Corvette. The kit was for 02 Z06.
I want to find out who has it. I’m willing to pay $1000 to find out who has it and get it back. Anyone who knows someone, in that area, that just got a kit, or is contracted to install or tune it should do the right thing and contact me. The Serial number of the stolen unit is 56790.
The Ventura County Sherriff and the Fredrick Md. PD have the name and address of the actual person who received the unit. They have both been very helpful and seem to be taking it pretty seriously.
If I can get the system back from the person who actually has it, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and not press charges. If the police find him first, I will absolutely press charges and I will definitely press charges against the guy who scammed the credit card.
I feel like I’ve done a lot for the Corvette community, over the years, and now I’m asking for your help. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Andy

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 08-17-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Best of luck. My friends run a turbo company in Arizona and had the same thing happen to them. Guy ordered a turbo kit for about $3k. They had his signature and everything showing UPS delivered it. The guy then called his CC company and said he never ordered it and they refunded his money. They went back and forth and never got the money back.

If it makes you feel better I just ordered one of your kits today.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:17 PM
0Jeremy@HOB
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best of luck of you Andy. We've been through that twice. It never seems to be in our favor as its so hard to prove the situation. One was even through an online store order and Paypal authorized the transaction and it ended up being fraud and they kindly told us too bad.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What a bunch of ********, hope you nail that guy to the wall...

Best of luck, hopefully we have some members in the area to keep a look out.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 PM
0rodney@rpmtransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently had a Featherlite aluminum trailer stolen from us... They caught the guys from our security video but the trailer is long gone.... Good luck Andy
Old 08-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Le Mans Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

That really sucks to say the least, good luck I really do hope you find this a$$hole.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Robls6
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People suck. Hope you find justice Andy.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Streetfast
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that Andy, you have done allot for the corvette community. I don't know what has happened to our culture. hope someone turns him in. When someone does this he hurts everybody, Hope you get your money back.

L
Old 08-16-2011, 09:52 PM
b16gsr
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

sorry to hear that, but it happens more and more all of the time. good luck recovering the stolen goods.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:08 PM
ONESLOWZO
Instructor

Im in maryland. Ill let ya know if I see anything.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:29 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Damn, hope you catch these guys, Andy & Steve.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:54 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Hoping for the best Andy. I F'n hate theives! I can relate to your frustration as this has happened a few times in my line of business. Unfortunately, credit card companies are never on merchant's side with situations like these.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:44 PM
kutlow
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 135 Posts

SORRY TO HEAR THAT. I guess from now on I would require a faxed copy of the persons drivers license to throw in another level of security.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 AM
kjlindgr
Intermediate

I don't understand how it always ends up this way where the perp is protected and the innocent is screwed. I've had similar things happen through eBay and PayPal and you never ever win. This is really unfortunate.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:55 AM
v8maro
Racer

Sorry to hear it man, any way to claim this on insurance and maybe taxes? Maybe that will lessen the blow.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kjlindgr
I don't understand how it always ends up this way where the perp is protected and the innocent is screwed. I've had similar things happen through eBay and PayPal and you never ever win. This is really unfortunate.
Yep, reason I don't use Paypal anymore. I got fu@ked out of $1000, but it turned out okay in the end after I took matters into my own hands. This happened to me around the same time that my debit card info got stolen (somehow) and someone bought a bunch of **** at Target in West Hollywood. The amount of time you spend on the phone, etc. is hell.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:09 AM
BornSUPERCHARGED
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@AandACorvette
I could use some help in tracking down a stolen supercharger system.
Perhaps you could send a package with a GPS tracking unit in it to the house. Make it a big, heavy package. You know, bricks in it or something.

Have your undercover detective guy follow the GPS signal once the package is picked up and find out where the thief really lives. Get information on his real name, file a police report and/or beat his *** for scamming you out of $9100.

Get notified of new replies

To Help recovering stolen supercharger- $1000 REWARD

Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by BornSUPERCHARGED
Perhaps you could send a package with a GPS tracking unit in it to the house. Make it a big, heavy package. You know, bricks in it or something.

Have your undercover detective guy follow the GPS signal once the package is picked up and find out where the thief really lives. Get information on his real name, file a police report and/or beat his *** for scamming you out of $9100.
I think it may be easier for the PI to simply tail anyone who goes to pick up mail or packages from that address. However, the PI costs could get unwieldy and not worth your time. You could buy an old iphone or android phone and have your PI 'lose' it at the address (in the front yard by the porch?) and then track it with the theft recovery software.

I wish you the best of luck, Andy.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:51 PM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I had a customer that pulled something similar on us years ago. It didn't turn out well for him. We used a P.I. also and he was able to "convince" the customer to make the situation right. This was in NJ where "less than conventional" methods are a bit more readily available. We got our money less the commission % to the P.I.

Andy if I were you I would consider retracting some of the details you listed in your post. If the cardholder isn't actually involved you may be inviting some unwanted headaches to your situation. Getting the right people or "professionals" involved can make things go your way quickly. $10k isn't going to make the CC companies squirm too much for you and as you've found out, they are all abut the consumers, not the vendors.

Good luck, I hope you find the derelict/thief involved and are made whole on this lousy situation.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:56 PM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Whoops, I had read the original post last night and it looks like you had already edited it removed the info I was referring to in my post above.

Again, good luck, I hope you get the unit back!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help recovering stolen supercharger- $1000 REWARD