C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Transmission and Rear End Strength

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 AM
prr1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Transmission and Rear End Strength

I have an 08 Vette. I currently dyno at 465rwhp. I'm wanting to add a clutch, drag radials and 100-150 shot. My question is how stout is the transmission, rear end and axles. Will it handle 100-150 hit on drag radials?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:39 PM
0Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi,

The transmission in your 08 C6 is a TR6060. They are very stout transmissions. The can use some love in the shift quality department though. As far as failing from being overpowered, you are well within the limits of the transmission.

Your differential on the other hand could be broken at this power level. Depending on how hard you launch the car and how soon you bring the nitrous in you could break a stub axle. To make your rear differential as bullet proof as possible I would recommend upgrading to a set of 300M stub axles at the very least. Our Stage 3 C6 base differential would be a great addition to your car.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to answer them.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:02 PM
prr1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Hi,

The transmission in your 08 C6 is a TR6060. They are very stout transmissions. The can use some love in the shift quality department though. As far as failing from being overpowered, you are well within the limits of the transmission.

Your differential on the other hand could be broken at this power level. Depending on how hard you launch the car and how soon you bring the nitrous in you could break a stub axle. To make your rear differential as bullet proof as possible I would recommend upgrading to a set of 300M stub axles at the very least. Our Stage 3 C6 base differential would be a great addition to your car.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to answer them.

Thank you! Pm sent.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:45 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi,

I sent you a PM about 3 weeks ago. and also sent TJ 2 PMs and probably 4 emails. would anyone of you guys please get back to me. looking to do this ASAP.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:57 AM
0Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
I sent you a PM about 3 weeks ago. and also sent TJ 2 PMs and probably 4 emails. would anyone of you guys please get back to me. looking to do this ASAP.
Very sorry no one has gotten back with you Ahmed. I will shoot you a PM right now.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:36 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Very sorry no one has gotten back with you Ahmed. I will shoot you a PM right now.
sent you another one... please let me know.........

Get notified of new replies

To 08 Transmission and Rear End Strength

Quick Reply: 08 Transmission and Rear End Strength