C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: New 416" LS3 Stroker w/RHS Pro Elite Heads--Unresolved Dispute with a Buyer Mario

Old 10-21-2009, 04:01 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12
Default FS: New 416" LS3 Stroker w/RHS Pro Elite Heads--Unresolved Dispute with a Buyer Mario

FS: LS3 416” Stroker (9.5:1 Compression), with RHS Pro Elite heads, fully machined, balanced, blueprinted, assembled. Built for a true 1000+ rwhp, and high boost.

Hey All,

We had a stock LS3 block that we pulled out of an 08 Corvette with 13K miles in the shop. So rather than holding on to it, we decided to build an all out bullet proof forged 416” stroker. Although we spared no expense, we didn’t go stupid on exotic parts that are just over priced. The block was in perfect factory shape, and didn’t have a failure originally, so the ONLY difference between this, and a new block is cost. Other than that, they are the same.

We just decided to build a longblock that will handle the abuse of over 1000rwhp, and topping it off with some of the best cylinder heads money can buy.

First off, we fully machined the entire block. We torque plate honed the cylinders to 4.071” (Using ARP head studs). We then line honed the mains (using ARP main studs). We also line honed the cam journal to make sure it was perfect, and added new cam bearings. The deck has been squared, and cut .002” to make sure it is perfect. The surface was prepped to an RA of 7 so we can use Cometic gaskets. To give you an idea, Cometic requires a surface RA of 50 or less for optimal use (the lower the better/smoother). Lastly, we dowel pinned the mains for the absolute optimal high boost rotating assembly control. Typically, this is only reserved for the absolute highest rpm’s or boost levels. We decided to do it just to make sure this motor is solid as a rock

Now to the components. Again, we tried to go with the strongest and most proven components avail, without getting stupid.

So the bottom rotating assembly and components consist of:
  • Seasoned 6.2L LS3 block
  • Callies Compstar 4” Stroker crank (24 or 58 reluctor wheel, depending on your Car).
  • Custom Diamond Racing Pistons -25cc’s, 4.071”
  • Callies Compstar 6.125” H-I beam rods, w/ARP2000 bolts
  • Total Seal Rings (1.5, 1.5, 3.0mm) Stainless chrome top ring, Napier 2nd
  • Clevite MS2199 H main bearings
  • Clevite CB663 Rod bearings
  • Durabond cam bearings
  • ARP main studs (with ARP side bolts)

Now the heads are some of the very best you can find. They are the RHS Pro Elite CNC’d cylinder heads that have a 225cc runner. The part number is: 54225.

I pulled these off of a motor that we just did that required us to run 6 bolt heads instead. But these heads just got back from RHS, where they were disassembled, inspected, cleaned, and decked .003” in order to be absolutely perfect. They have just less than 1,900 miles on them, and are in absolutely perfect condition. They also come with Xceldyne titanium valve train components, and a new set of Comp 921springs. With the upgrades on these heads, they retail for just under $3,600 bucks. The cheapest I have ever seen these heads (in non upgraded form) is right at 3K. They have a MASSIVE .800” deck, with steel inserts in the head bolt holes. They also come with a .500” raised valve cover rail in order to clear shaft mount rockers without modifications, 2.080” Intake and 1.600” exhaust valves.

The Components for the top end of the motor are:
  • RHS Pro Elite 225cc CNC’d heads (63cc chambers)
  • Cometic .051” MLS gaskets
  • ARP Head Studs
  • LS7 lifters
  • New LS3 lifter trays

All in all, you are getting a bullet proof longblock, for the cost of some of your budget builds.

We are selling the complete longblock above for $8,450.00 plus shipping.

Shipping/Crating/Insurance runs about 240-250 dollars. This includes 10K worth of insurance.

This motor is not yet finished, but will be ready to ship in about 10 business days. So if you have any specific requests for this motor, we can facilitate it. But we are not interested in separating the components.

The first to pay, is the first to get this amazing deal. We accept paypal, cash, check, and credit cards. We will also install/tune this motor if you need it.

We only have 1 avail at this price.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:22 PM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff @ TPE

FS: LS3 416” Stroker (9.5:1 Compression), with RHS Pro Elite heads, fully machined, balanced, blueprinted, assembled. Built for a true 1000+ rwhp, and high boost.

Hey All,

We had a stock LS3 block that we pulled out of an 08 Corvette with 13K miles in the shop. So rather than holding on to it, we decided to build an all out bullet proof forged 416” stroker. Although we spared no expense, we didn’t go stupid on exotic parts that are just over priced. The block was in perfect factory shape, and didn’t have a failure originally, so the ONLY difference between this, and a new block is cost. Other than that, they are the same.

We just decided to build a longblock that will handle the abuse of over 1000rwhp, and topping it off with some of the best cylinder heads money can buy.

First off, we fully machined the entire block. We torque plate honed the cylinders to 4.071” (Using ARP head studs). We then line honed the mains (using ARP main studs). We also line honed the cam journal to make sure it was perfect, and added new cam bearings. The deck has been squared, and cut .002” to make sure it is perfect. The surface was prepped to an RA of 7 so we can use Cometic gaskets. To give you an idea, Cometic requires a surface RA of 50 or less for optimal use (the lower the better/smoother). Lastly, we dowel pinned the mains for the absolute optimal high boost rotating assembly control. Typically, this is only reserved for the absolute highest rpm’s or boost levels. We decided to do it just to make sure this motor is solid as a rock

Now to the components. Again, we tried to go with the strongest and most proven components avail, without getting stupid.

So the bottom rotating assembly and components consist of:
  • Seasoned 6.2L LS3 block
  • Callies Compstar 4” Stroker crank (24 or 58 reluctor wheel, depending on your Car).
  • Custom Diamond Racing Pistons -25cc’s, 4.071”
  • Callies Compstar 6.125” H-I beam rods, w/ARP2000 bolts
  • Total Seal Rings (1.5, 1.5, 3.0mm) Stainless chrome top ring, Napier 2nd
  • Clevite MS2199 H main bearings
  • Clevite CB663 Rod bearings
  • Durabond cam bearings
  • ARP main studs (with ARP side bolts)

Now the heads are some of the very best you can find. They are the RHS Pro Elite CNC’d cylinder heads that have a 225cc runner. The part number is: 54225.

I pulled these off of a motor that we just did that required us to run 6 bolt heads instead. But these heads just got back from RHS, where they were disassembled, inspected, cleaned, and decked .003” in order to be absolutely perfect. They have just less than 1,900 miles on them, and are in absolutely perfect condition. They also come with Xceldyne titanium valve train components, and a new set of Comp 921springs. With the upgrades on these heads, they retail for just under $3,600 bucks. The cheapest I have ever seen these heads (in non upgraded form) is right at 3K. They have a MASSIVE .800” deck, with steel inserts in the head bolt holes. They also come with a .500” raised valve cover rail in order to clear shaft mount rockers without modifications, 2.080” Intake and 1.600” exhaust valves.

The Components for the top end of the motor are:
  • RHS Pro Elite 225cc CNC’d heads (63cc chambers)
  • Cometic .051” MLS gaskets
  • ARP Head Studs
  • LS7 lifters
  • New LS3 lifter trays

All in all, you are getting a bullet proof longblock, for the cost of some of your budget builds.

We are selling the complete longblock above for $8,450.00 plus shipping.

Shipping/Crating/Insurance runs about 240-250 dollars. This includes 10K worth of insurance.

This motor is not yet finished, but will be ready to ship in about 10 business days. So if you have any specific requests for this motor, we can facilitate it. But we are not interested in separating the components.

The first to pay, is the first to get this amazing deal. We accept paypal, cash, check, and credit cards. We will also install/tune this motor if you need it.

We only have 1 avail at this price.
Are there any value for a new 2008 long block with 200mls, I bought a new motor from a crash car with 200mls complete,I took the sensors, intake, water pumps and manifold off to have it rebuilt to the same specs of your motor, the job has not started as yet so I can still make another decision, but I can't buy your motor and remain with this motor also, I will not have use for 3 motor, my stock, my spare which was going to rebuilt and now yours if I buy it. I am interested but will like to know what will be the difference if its a deal.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:54 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Heck yeah its worth money. Its worth an easy 2500-4 grand depending on the application. Maybe even more.

But its worth way more if you keep it assembled. The second you tear it down, its only worth the money for the block, and crank. Everything else is scrap.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:07 PM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Heck yeah its worth money. Its worth an easy 2500-4 grand depending on the application. Maybe even more.

But its worth way more if you keep it assembled. The second you tear it down, its only worth the money for the block, and crank. Everything else is scrap.
The motor is all together, its new but I send it to Cartek to have it rebuilt, it is still on the stand together because I told them to hold their hands on it because I was considering putting it in my car and doing the Original motor for my car instead, so they are not going to touch it until I say what I am doing, now that you are advertising your motor, I realized it is the motor I really wants, will preferr a Dragon slay Crank instead of a Compstar, but as you said, it is good for 1000rwhp and I am only looking for about 950RWHP with a F1A Procharger.
This is a picture of my car which I am trying to make a little more powerfull, it is making 738RWHP presently.

Are you going to make a deal with my motor and yours, if so,can you tell me what will be the difference. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:18 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Your car is awesome looking. Your power requirements will be a walk in the park.

I called Callies, and they are 4 to 5 weeks out on the Dragon Slayer. You will be more than fine with the Compstar. There are numerous guys running 900-1K rwhp with this crank, and have done so for years.. I wouldnt be concerned one bit.

Honestly, I am sorry, but dont have a use for your motor. We have stock take out units here as well. But usually, when someone comes in our shop, they opt for a forged motor instead. Your best bet, is to list it for sale in the F/S section. You should get someone to take it off your hands right away. The C5 guys love those motors.n All they need to do, is run that converter box from LPE so they can run an LS3 motor in an LS1/LS6 car. I would list it for 4K.

I got your PM about payment. Our Paypal is: Jeff@totalperformanceengineering.com

When you send over the 8,450.00 payment, Ill shoot you a completed invoice. Please make sure you have all of your info on the paypal so I can fill out the invoice, warranty sheet, and spec sheet correctly.

Also, I will then get the shipping quote, but you wont have to pay that until its ready to go on the truck..

Would you like me to list is as a pending sale?
Old 10-22-2009, 06:55 PM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Your car is awesome looking. Your power requirements will be a walk in the park.

I called Callies, and they are 4 to 5 weeks out on the Dragon Slayer. You will be more than fine with the Compstar. There are numerous guys running 900-1K rwhp with this crank, and have done so for years.. I wouldnt be concerned one bit.

Honestly, I am sorry, but dont have a use for your motor. We have stock take out units here as well. But usually, when someone comes in our shop, they opt for a forged motor instead. Your best bet, is to list it for sale in the F/S section. You should get someone to take it off your hands right away. The C5 guys love those motors.n All they need to do, is run that converter box from LPE so they can run an LS3 motor in an LS1/LS6 car. I would list it for 4K.

I got your PM about payment. Our Paypal is: Jeff@totalperformanceengineering.com

When you send over the 8,450.00 payment, Ill shoot you a completed invoice. Please make sure you have all of your info on the paypal so I can fill out the invoice, warranty sheet, and spec sheet correctly.

Also, I will then get the shipping quote, but you wont have to pay that until its ready to go on the truck..

Would you like me to list is as a pending sale?
Yes I am taking it, how much do you want as a payment to start the job and hope we will be on the same page. Meaning I am trusting you to build it as you said on the advertisement. If there was a problem you can let me know immediately, my name is Mario and I will send you a pm with my number.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:17 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

The motor is almost done now.

The block is already machined, and we already have the rotating assembly. All we have to do, is balance the assembly (now that I know what reluctor wheel were using) , fit the bearings and rings, and asemble it.

The heads are here, as well as the rest of the components. Were good to go my friend.

We are looking a matter of a couple of days from payment to shipment.

We have built quite a few motors for customers on this board. If by chance you or your friends will be out for SEMA this next week, they can stop by and look at it for you if you want.
Originally Posted by TRINIC5
Yes I am taking it, how much do you want as a payment to start the job and hope we will be on the same page. Meaning I am trusting you to build it as you said on the advertisement. If there was a problem you can let me know immediately, my name is Mario and I will send you a pm with my number.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:47 PM
orangecrrrush
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey,

What kind of cam, valve springs, pushrods and valves are you using this for this build?
Old 10-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Spying Beast
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, what a deal!

TTT for you!
Old 10-23-2009, 01:49 AM
james1990
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats mario! im excited just being local to such a car! its going to be a monster good luck!
Old 10-23-2009, 12:28 PM
TRINIC5
Drifting

The motor is almost done now.

The block is already machined, and we already have the rotating assembly. All we have to do, is balance the assembly (now that I know what reluctor wheel were using) , fit the bearings and rings, and asemble it.

The heads are here, as well as the rest of the components. Were good to go my friend.

We are looking a matter of a couple of days from payment to shipment.

We have built quite a few motors for customers on this board. If by chance you or your friends will be out for SEMA this next week, they can stop by and look at it for you if you want.
Money will be sent out on Monday, can we change the stock LS7 lifters to Comp Cam and can I get the Cam specs please and will like to know which pushrods being used.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:31 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Would you like the Comp OE replacements? Part number 850-16? Or Comp R's? Preferrably not the Comp R's..
Originally Posted by TRINIC5
Money will be sent out on Monday, can we change the stock LS7 lifters to Comp Cam and can I get the Cam specs please and will like to know which pushrods being used.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:40 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

I believe the motor is potentially SOLD..

If we dont receive payment within the next day, I will re-list it, but for now, the longblock is sold to TRINIC5.

The next person in line is "Crackd03". He was supposed to paying within the next day also, but TRINIC5 committed first. So I will go down the line if we dont see payment.

Thanks everyone who was interested.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:27 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

SOLD!!! The customer sent the check this morning.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Stage7
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on what appears to be a smokin deal.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:36 PM
TRINIC5
Drifting

I believe the motor is potentially SOLD..

If we dont receive payment within the next day, I will re-list it, but for now, the longblock is sold to TRINIC5.

The next person in line is "Crackd03". He was supposed to paying within the next day also, but TRINIC5 committed first. So I will go down the line if we dont see payment.

Thanks everyone who was interested.

Jeff you will be receiving your check by tommorrow 3.00pm, I did Express Mail.
I will also like you to fax me a data base sheet as soon as you receive your payments, I know I will like the Comp Cam R lifters as my first choice or the CTSV LS9 oem lifters. I also need the specs on the cam, it is very important before the motor close.
Thanks for giving me the first choice.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Spying Beast
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations brother, please let us know the outcome...

Get notified of new replies

To FS: New 416" LS3 Stroker w/RHS Pro Elite Heads--Unresolved Dispute with a Buyer Mario

Old 10-27-2009, 09:29 PM
TRINIC5
Drifting

SOLD!!! The customer sent the check this morning.
Jeff, did you get your check?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:59 PM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Originally Posted by Stage7
congrats on what appears to be a smokin deal.
I would not say it is a smoking deal, its not bad but still will cost the market price, I am taking a chance from what I was told but I hope it is what I was told, I am dissapointed when I heard the motor has no Cam no pushrod, no rockers, no timing chain cover and no timming chain. I might still have to spend about a grand or more to have it finish. If the lifters are no secure properly I might even has to open the motor to reset it.

I sold my motor to buy a complete long block and now I am dissapointed.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:47 PM
stkjock
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it says complete long block in the first post... I'm confused.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: New 416" LS3 Stroker w/RHS Pro Elite Heads--Unresolved Dispute with a Buyer Mario