C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS SL1500 here I come!! Just put down my deposit at Lethal Racing!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECS SL1500 here I come!! Just put down my deposit at Lethal Racing!

So after MANY hours researching here, and several talks with shawn I decided to pull the trigger! I just ordered...

ECS Paxton SL1500 kit
Prosport WB A/F Gauge
Prosport FP Gauge
Prosport Boost Gauge
Autometer 3 Gauge Pillar Pod
MSD Boost pump

My car is a 2011 C6 base M6 and the only go fast bit on it now is an axle back SLP loudmouth II exhaust. I plan on doing long tube headers later, and maybe a Meth kit! End goal is 600whp. Anything over will just be a bonus! Looking to see around 570ish now! (6-10psi?)

My last car was an 2006 EVO IX and had a BUNCH of work done to it! (420whp) I miss boost too much!!! Funny my vette is getting a blower before its first oil change! Lol. Ok I'll do that first!

Looking to have it done middle of next month (Im in CA right now doing training with the military) and promise to have Shawn and the guys at Lethal Racing take lots of pics, and I'll try to get some video too!

Big thanks to Shawn for all the help!!!

Lethal Racing
(337) 258-7692

Here is the car as it sits now...

Last edited by Deezee757; 02-18-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old 02-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Congrats man. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Thanks man! Your car and posts really helped my decision! I loved your gauge set up so much I got the same ones! lol! Lethal Racing has nothing but the highest standards from all I have seen so far, and they are not TOO far away!!! Im super excited to go out and meet the guys in person!

Also thank you for your kind words about my service! "The few do, so the many dont have too" rings very true for us! Its an honor to serve my country and the people in it! I just returned from my "fourth" tour overseas, and I am now a team member with the Blue Angels! We have a great deal of pride in what we do and it means a LOT to hear that our hard work doesnt go unnoticed. I tip my hat to you as well Sir.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:56 AM
stivette
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Which line of the Prosport gauges did you decide to go with?
Old 02-19-2012, 02:20 AM
Deezee757
Racer

Premium Series Blue/white. Im having them wired to stay on blue though.

Here you go. Same as NSANEC6. (His pic)

Last edited by Deezee757; 02-19-2012 at 02:27 AM. Reason: added pic
Old 02-19-2012, 10:20 AM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the kind words. I wish you the absolute best for your car. You are going to love it. The Blue Angels come to Memphis every summer for the airshow here. If that happens this year I would love to meet you in person. I have always been a huge aircraft lover. Unfortunately a childhood medical condition precluded my desire to serve or fly in a fighter jet. I always go to the show to see them up close and personal however and you obviously must be very talented at what you do to be on such an elite team...
Old 02-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Yea meeting up would be cool! Sorry to hear that a medical condition stopped you. I hope all is well now. I dont fly them tho, im not a pilot, I am a mechanic. I just work on them! Lol. I will be in Smyrna TN, and New Orleans LA this year if you can make either. Just PM me and let me know

Lets face it though a 738whp Vette is pretty much a fighter jet!! Lol!!!

Back on topic tho, Im super excited to get the install done!! I really do miss boost! There is NO OTHER feeling like it on the road. I bought a Base model (1LT) with boost application in mind. Ive allready done all the other suff I wanted Nav/Rims/Rotors/Shifter/exhaust/blacked out and so on. Now its time to "fix" the motor! Lol! I love the LS3, its pretty powerfull but very linear. I miss that kick in the pants from my turbo, and a SC will make power even lower in the RPM band. Too much fun. After all my searching Lethal Racing was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Im not going to lie either, I look forward to the BOV again! I bet a base Vette blowing off at you will raise some eyebrows! Haha!!! Its going to feel like forever till I get home now!!!

Last edited by Deezee757; 02-19-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:33 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

You will love it. Great kit, with the potential to make big power.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Im sure I will. I have been doing my homework for sure!! I was pretty sold on the A&A kit at first, (also a great kit!) but there were a few things I liked better about the ECS kit. Just so happened that the shop I was looking at seemed to prefer them too! I do love the upgradeability of the SL1500, but as I said, Im looking to make 600whp and this kit will have NO PROBLEM!! A year later I may want more? We always do dont we! lol!

What is the MAX hp the SL1500 is good for anyways? I never really looked since Im pretty set about ONLY wanting 600. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2012, 03:14 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Deezee757
What is the MAX hp the SL1500 is good for anyways? I never really looked since Im pretty set about ONLY wanting 600. Thanks!
Depends on the setup, whether you have a cam. How much meth your are spraying, etc. Hard to say. But 700rwhp should be doable with a stock cam leaning on the car hard, and 800rwhp with a good cam.

I'd leave the car in the 700-750rwhp area with a good tune on the stock block. Once over 650-700rwhp, I would suggest getting an ECS fuel system.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Tone
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, you're car is going to transform into a supercar once you install that sc. A couple of things came to mind reading your post:

1. doesn't the ECS kit already come with a BAP?
2. maybe you have something like we do up here in Alberta - race our supercars against fighter jets at military bases Here's a short write-up on it:

http://www.coldlakesun.com/ArticleDi...7&archive=true

Last edited by Tone; 02-20-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:28 AM
RabidVette
Instructor

Congrats man, you're going to love it! I would definitely suggest adding the meth; for the additional power it makes at minimal cost, it's a no brainer! You can easily surpass 650 rwhp with just the addition of a single nozzle meth kit.

Looking forward to install pics and dyno numbers when it's done.

I'm going to send mine back soon for the second meth nozzle, blower cam, and stg 1 fuel system to get up around 750rwhp. It's amazing the numbers the stock bottom end can put out when properly tuned; I know plenty of LS3s are doing 800+ rwhp on the stock bottom end with the base blower kit and meth.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Tone, thanks for the link! Thats pretty cool. We dont have any scheculed events like that here. But since I do work on a flight line I wouldnt be superised if we did one some day! Also yes I do believe th ECS kit comes with the Kenne Bell BAP, but my tuner recomended I upgrade to the MSD boost pump. He said he likes that one much better. Doing some searching here though seems to show more problems than not? Im goin to call and talk it over with him again I think. At least to better understand why?

As of now I am only looking for 570ish, and after headers later 600. Its nice to know that I have so much room to grow with the kit for when 600whp gets old and I want 700!!! Lol! Cant believe I just typed that! If I do go Meth, it will be a dual nozzle ECS ALKY Control kit. Shawn at lethal racing siad he would do that even before headers! And that its a great safety measure no matter what. I deff see headers and meth in my future tho!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:31 PM
0Matt @ ECS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Deezee757
Tone, thanks for the link! Thats pretty cool. We dont have any scheculed events like that here. But since I do work on a flight line I wouldnt be superised if we did one some day! Also yes I do believe th ECS kit comes with the Kenne Bell BAP, but my tuner recomended I upgrade to the MSD boost pump. He said he likes that one much better. Doing some searching here though seems to show more problems than not? Im goin to call and talk it over with him again I think. At least to better understand why?

As of now I am only looking for 570ish, and after headers later 600. Its nice to know that I have so much room to grow with the kit for when 600whp gets old and I want 700!!! Lol! Cant believe I just typed that! If I do go Meth, it will be a dual nozzle ECS ALKY Control kit. Shawn at lethal racing siad he would do that even before headers! And that its a great safety measure no matter what. I deff see headers and meth in my future tho!
Nice !!! Shawn prefers to use the new MSD voltage boosters. The older (Part number 2350) had issues, the new one that Shawn uses does not have these issues. The Kenne Bell that comes with our kit is sufficient but Shawn does prefer using the MSD ones down there. The MSD one is nice because it is programmable via PC interface software to get down to the nitty gritty. I would use whatever your tuner is comfortable with.

Methanol is a great safety, especially with all of the fuel additives nowadays and the demand for 10% + ethanol. The pump gas fuel is just not what it was years ago. I definitely recommend methanol to a lot of people and especially your location it will help a lot lower the IAT's in that dead heat!

We actually have a new private-labeled ECS Voltage Booster coming out within the next two or three weeks
Old 02-20-2012, 03:00 PM
BLACK-10
Instructor

Originally Posted by Matt @ ECS

We actually have a new private-labeled ECS Voltage Booster coming out within the next two or three weeks
ok, first off, i want one for my car

Nice !!! Shawn prefers to use the new MSD voltage boosters. The older (Part number 2350) had issues, the new one that Shawn uses does not have these issues.
yep, these new ones are awesome!

Deezee, thanks for bringing your car to Lethal. I would put our attention to detail on these builds against anyone

Look forward to working on your pride and joy!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Matt, thanks alot for clearing that up! I know Shawn had mentioned your voltage booster in work on the phone when I ordered but I didnt want to mention that here just incase you werent ready to talk about it yet. Im 100% with you as far as going with what your tuner likes to tune with! Im sure the one with your kit is great as well tho. Im interested to see your new release product!

BLACK-10 (Nick right?), I dont believe we have had the opportunity to talk yet but I have seen a bunch online about your car! D@MN!! My wife drives a 2011 RS in synergy green with SS stripes! I have been on the phone a few times with Shawn but I do look forward to bringing you guys my car and getting to meet all of you. Your work at Lethal speaks for itself from all I have seen so far! For what I am looking for and your location after MUCH searching you guys were a no-brainer!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Your in great hands with the crew at Lethal!

Get notified of new replies

To ECS SL1500 here I come!! Just put down my deposit at Lethal Racing!

Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 183 Posts

Great selection with the ECS kit, make sure to post pics and videos once it's installed.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Deezee757
Racer

I feel like I'm in great hands as well!

Lots of pics and video to come...
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 PM
BLACK-10
Instructor

yes, Nick.

thanks! cant wait to work on your car!

we just finished an 08 Z06 runs on E85 that only has a cam, NW tb,meth, and sheet metal intake....660rwhp!!

Pride in our work is what we are obsessed with

Quick Reply: ECS SL1500 here I come!! Just put down my deposit at Lethal Racing!