C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lethal Performance Big Red TTIX 21 PSI 1176HP

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 10:25 AM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by NYOverlord
im not specifically chasing a particular Dyno number, but like anyone with a heartbeat, I have expectations. Not spending 50K to just be happy with anything. I'm good with 1,020rwhp on E85 on a 90 degree day. I did expect to make at least 1,100rwhp based on the specific parts and what other state they were able to accomplish (these people claim 1,200rwhp). I'm happy with 100 less and expected that. I'm not very far off my 1,100rwhp goal and still happy with my 1,020.
However I'm trying to explain that I'm not fine with the power and torque suddenly dropping off like this. That is not acceptable. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion.
i was being sarcastic. Every dyno reads different. You have some that are very high, low, realistic etc. one one dyno you could make 1000, on another you could make 800. Bring the car to and event to get a trap speed to give you a real idea of where you at. I laugh at people that claim 1000hp then go to the track and can't break 140's traps. It's a joke. Dyno numbers dont mean anything.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:45 PM
NYOverlord
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never changed ny mind. What is it with you? Just saw that there are others out there making 1200 and was hoping for more than a thousand rwhp. Not happy that power and torque take a dive at only 5,500RPMs though. Pretty confident the large link in the inlet pipes are the culprits.

Originally Posted by Unreal
3-4 times a year in Arizona. Plus Ca, midwest, etc.

Only reason I brought up other turbo cars was to show a LS turbo t3 based car can carry power to redline and make 1200+ like the OP said he wanted. Now he changed his mind (even though he posted time and time again he wanted 1200) so whatever. There are t3 options that can support the power, and that is all I was showing. The 5 bolt housings on the TTIX kit won't do it, but there are plenty of other t3 housings that flow WAY more than the old school 5 bolt housings which are about the worst turbine housing out there.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:08 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 75 Posts

If that was your issue it wouldn't just drop like that...
Old 10-03-2016, 09:38 AM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by NYOverlord
Never changed ny mind. What is it with you? Just saw that there are others out there making 1200 and was hoping for more than a thousand rwhp. Not happy that power and torque take a dive at only 5,500RPMs though. Pretty confident the large link in the inlet pipes are the culprits.

Chris Stewart with a similar C5 TTIX setup did tests and found that the intakes weren't a real restriction.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:14 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I can't see it dropping that hard or being that rough of a graph once it's falling off if it were hitting an airflow limit, but what do I know
Old 11-27-2016, 03:27 PM
ZO ZICK
Team Owner

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Very Nice
Old 11-27-2016, 10:51 PM
NYOverlord
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
Chris Stewart with a similar C5 TTIX setup did tests and found that the intakes weren't a real restriction.

The kinks in the intake piping were made as per my request (INCREDIBLY STUPID, I REALIZE THAT NOW). I was very upset that I couldn't turn my wheel all the way left or right since I have the Centennial Edition ZO6 with ZO7 package which has wider front wheels. The TTIX was intended for a normal C6Z.
When I turned my wheels, they rubbed against and caught the piping. I then requested the shop (the one in NY) to cut my pipes down slightly. They cut them down to exactly half size to avoid the rubbing.
I'm nearly sure that's the culprit and that it's my entirely my fault.

Been waiting on the shop in Tampa to get back on my car to custom fab oval shaped intake pipes and then finish Dyno tuning it. After a few delays at the shop, I'm told they will get back on it this coming Wed or Thurs. let's see if that happens and I get my car back before 2017.

Last edited by NYOverlord; 11-27-2016 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:46 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

In order to know if you're maxed out, it's important to take measurements. Throwing parts at it until it makes power will get expensive in a hurry. Measuring pressure at the turbo outlet, the manifold and the exhaust manifold before the turbo would help along with the IAT's and AFR. Acquiring all this data will help you figure out if your intake is, in fact a restriction or if it's back pressure from the smaller turbine housing causing it. I would also recommend capping the turbo inlets and pressurizing the entire system to make absolutely sure there are no leaks. A visual inspection doesn't always tell the whole story.

Bret

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:36 AM
FreakC6ZO6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Texas Invitational - Fall 2016 recap

Any idea what kind of trap speed big red runs?
Old 12-09-2016, 04:44 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

http://streetracemag.com/event-cover...aking-weekend/

Quick Reply: Lethal Performance Big Red TTIX 21 PSI 1176HP