C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 02:13 PM
OUT2WIN
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
Just put a nice stall in it and shave that 60ft down to a 1.55 and knock .5 off your 1/4 mile. That won't even require anymore power or upping the boost. Get a 3600 stall and never look back. The stock converter is holding you back from a great 60ft right now.
A stall will require a transmission cooler and our local speed shop quoted me just a tad bit over $4,300 for a tq converter, install, a tranny cooler, and install. The tq converter ate up $1500 of it and another $1500 for installing it. The other $1000 plus is in tranny cooler and custom fabricating to install it. That seems a bit off to me but I'll do it if you can suggest a good stall converter that wont hurt my mph. I also want to attend Shift Sector in August in Portland OR (will trailer it to this event) and that is a 1/2 mile event. I dont daily drive the car, but I dont trailer it 100 miles to the nearest 1/4 mile track either.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:40 PM
JaimeVrod
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Josh,
I have your V-3 Si kit on my 05 C6 LS2.
What is the max rpm recommended for the impeller In This head unit and what is the multiplication ratio between drive gear and driven gear?

I currently have a 3.6" pulley and my engine's redline is about 6500 rpm.

What are my available choices for smaller blower pulleys and how close will that get me to the maximum recommended impeller rpm?
Old 07-25-2015, 05:35 PM
marathon
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by JaimeVrod
Hi Josh,
What is the max rpm recommended for the impeller In This head unit and what is the multiplication ratio between drive gear and driven gear?

What are my available choices for smaller blower pulleys and how close will that get me to the maximum recommended impeller rpm?
Max RPM is 52k per Vortech. Check out this calculator:

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=33511
Old 07-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Hi Josh,

marathon beat me to it. Use the online calculator from Vortech. In 6-rib a 3.4" pulley will put you at max impeller speed.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:43 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey Josh! Has Andy gotten the smog certification for the C7 yet? Car is on order and will be built next month, and I will be picking it up at the beginning of September.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:43 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by tunaman
Hey Josh! Has Andy gotten the smog certification for the C7 yet? Car is on order and will be built next month, and I will be picking it up at the beginning of September.
Still working on it, lots of hoops to jump thru.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:37 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm sure. I'll be calling Andy in a month or so to discuss my plans - talk to you then.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Silver Z0
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted to post a quick review as a long-term A&A customer.

I've had the A&A supercharger package on my 2004 Z06 for two years now and have absolutely loved it. The car gets 700 bhp with the blower package which is about a 75% increase. The tune is very mild, not much timing was pulled. I've driven 40,000 miles with the blower and have not yet ran into a blower-induced issue. No engine problems. I have taken the car to 3 track day events and go WOT through about 10 gears per week. The car has almost 150,000 miles on it now and runs and drives as good as new. I have seen no decrease in reliability, which was my main concern when deciding to get this done in 2013.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:23 PM
greatgonzer
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Andy, I am looking for the Sheet metal that fits on both sides of the C6 Z06 stock radiator that funnels all of the air through the radiator and keeps air from going around it. is this the correct part that I'm looking for, or is this for the intercooler only?
http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...roducts_id=300

Old 08-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
Hi Andy, I am looking for the Sheet metal that fits on both sides of the C6 Z06 stock radiator that funnels all of the air through the radiator and keeps air from going around it. is this the correct part that I'm looking for, or is this for the intercooler only?
http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...roducts_id=300

Yes that's the sheet metal kit for directing the airflow on the sides of condenser/radiator just after the Intercooler.
You can order it right off the website.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:10 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
Yes that's the sheet metal kit for directing the airflow on the sides of condenser/radiator just after the Intercooler.
You can order it right off the website.
Any reason those wouldn't work with the other guys kit. I've been meaning to fab something like this up but haven't gotten around to it yet
Old 08-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Any reason those wouldn't work with the other guys kit. I've been meaning to fab something like this up but haven't gotten around to it yet
I've seen a few guys fab similar setups for other kits to help direct airflow.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:44 PM
bumpin96monte
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm piecing together an A&A kit to spread the cost out over time. So far, I've got the blacked out v3 si head unit, and just picked up the intake dongle and filter used from a member on here.

The filter could use a cleaning as the PO had noted, what do you guys suggest to use for cleaning these filters? I've cleaned k&ns before and still have leftover cleaning spray and oil from cleaning filters in my other car, can I use them on your filter, or is there a better method?
Old 08-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
I'm piecing together an A&A kit to spread the cost out over time. So far, I've got the blacked out v3 si head unit, and just picked up the intake dongle and filter used from a member on here.

The filter could use a cleaning as the PO had noted, what do you guys suggest to use for cleaning these filters? I've cleaned k&ns before and still have leftover cleaning spray and oil from cleaning filters in my other car, can I use them on your filter, or is there a better method?
That will work fine to clean it just like a K&N
Old 08-18-2015, 01:29 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Thanks for the great service Josh. Parts showed up just before I left town and look great.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:05 PM
LemansbluebyU
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Hi Josh,

Jamie your inbox is full, let me know if you want to sell your 3.6 pulley I'm in the market for one OR anyone else looking to sell their 6 rib 3.6 pulley ��

Last edited by LemansbluebyU; 09-01-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:31 PM
eboch
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default A&A V2 kit modification

Hi Josh;

I have an A&A V2 kit with 3.8" pulley installed on my '05 LS2. In this configuration the car makes 7lbs of boost at 6500rpm. The car is tracked a few times a year (road-racing and drag racing). I'm planning on tacking this up to take this up to 15lbs of boost and add methane injection.

What do you suggest for a pulley size? (I'll be keeping with the 6500 engine redline).

Do you have any other advice?

Thanks
eboch

Get notified of new replies

To OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread

Old 09-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by eboch
Hi Josh;

I have an A&A V2 kit with 3.8" pulley installed on my '05 LS2. In this configuration the car makes 7lbs of boost at 6500rpm. The car is tracked a few times a year (road-racing and drag racing). I'm planning on tacking this up to take this up to 15lbs of boost and add methane injection.

What do you suggest for a pulley size? (I'll be keeping with the 6500 engine redline).

Do you have any other advice?

Thanks
eboch
If you want to push that Si-trim you should talk to the person that will be Tuning your car first. Make sure they are ok with pushing the stock engine that hard. You will definitely need a AlkyControl Meth Kit to get enough octane to keep the pistons alive. A meth kit, 3.4" pulley, and K060900 Belt swap and re-tune and see what it makes for power would be one way to go.

Or install cam/springs, headers, Meth kit, 3.125" pulley/belt, Secondary drive, 52mm BOV upgrade, external fuel system, and re-tune for big power.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:28 PM
eboch
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for this info Josh.

....yes, I did discuss with the tuner (Champion). He didn't seem that concerned as long as the meth kit was there ... and of course that it was appropriately tuned.

Approximately, what kind of boost would you think would come from the 3.4" pulley in this config (V2, A&A Stage II cam, 3" exhaust)?

thx
eboch
Old 09-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by eboch
Thanks for this info Josh.

....yes, I did discuss with the tuner (Champion). He didn't seem that concerned as long as the meth kit was there ... and of course that it was appropriately tuned.

Approximately, what kind of boost would you think would come from the 3.4" pulley in this config (V2, A&A Stage II cam, 3" exhaust)?

thx
eboch
It's hard to say, because boost is just a measure of restriction. I'd expect you could make close to 700rwhp with a manual trans setup and meth.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread