C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 05:06 PM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 696 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
Trying to see if Vortech can have it done today.
Josh, I have around 500 Circuit of Americas and F1 big wigs coming to my event facility this Sunday. Sure would be nice to be able to be in my Corvette. Any news. Thanks Paul
Old 07-25-2016, 05:11 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXASRANGER
Josh, I have around 500 Circuit of Americas and F1 big wigs coming to my event facility this Sunday. Sure would be nice to be able to be in my Corvette. Any news. Thanks Paul
Just got off the phone with Calvo and let them know I will be able to ship it out Tuesday back to TX. That should land it at their shop Friday. If you or Calvo want to cover the extra cost for Express shipping option let me know by mid-day Tuesday.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:14 PM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Just got off the phone with Calvo and let them know I will be able to ship it out Tuesday back to TX. That should land it at their shop Friday. If you or Calvo want to cover the extra cost for Express shipping option let me know by mid-day Tuesday.
How much, maybe I pay it. Thanks
Old 07-25-2016, 05:23 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by TEXASRANGER
How much, maybe I pay it. Thanks
I'll give you a call.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:27 PM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by josh@aandasuperchargers
i'll give you a call.
512-636-2016
Old 07-26-2016, 08:54 AM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks Josh for the fast response.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:34 AM
number1closer
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to the forum and just bought a new in the box, black V3 system from a guy off eBay that sold his C6 before he could install your system on his car. Everything is here and I am to the installation of the head unit step. But the belt is too tight. I noticed in the installation manual the the belt is should have is the 060910 with the 3.8 pulley but I have a 060885 belt? I looked up both belts and ordered the 910 belt. The one I have isn't even listed on your site. This unit looks like one of your first kits. Can you give me some assistance with this? I would also like to purchase a nice set of headers for my project. Thanks in advance! Shane
Old 07-28-2016, 11:57 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by number1closer
I am new to the forum and just bought a new in the box, black V3 system from a guy off eBay that sold his C6 before he could install your system on his car. Everything is here and I am to the installation of the head unit step. But the belt is too tight. I noticed in the installation manual the the belt is should have is the 060910 with the 3.8 pulley but I have a 060885 belt? I looked up both belts and ordered the 910 belt. The one I have isn't even listed on your site. This unit looks like one of your first kits. Can you give me some assistance with this? I would also like to purchase a nice set of headers for my project. Thanks in advance! Shane
Send me an email with the SN# off that headunit and maybe I can see how that kit was built originally. Send me some pics of it too. Give us a call at the shop if you need help with install, my lead tech can help you if needed. Email in sig.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 07-29-2016, 07:55 AM
number1closer
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Send me an email with the SN# off that headunit and maybe I can see how that kit was built originally. Send me some pics of it too. Give us a call at the shop if you need help with install, my lead tech can help you if needed. Email in sig.
I emailed you the s# yesterday morning..... how long does it take to look it up?
Old 08-01-2016, 08:11 AM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Got my car back Friday. Strong. Thanks Josh
Old 08-07-2016, 10:10 AM
0FUXGVN
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Josh, I'm looking to swap to a 10 rib balancer and blower pulley with your direct drive. It's not on your guys website, are you guys still selling them?
Old 08-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by 0FUXGVN
Hey Josh, I'm looking to swap to a 10 rib balancer and blower pulley with your direct drive. It's not on your guys website, are you guys still selling them?
Call me at the shop to discuss options.
805-278-4107
Old 08-16-2016, 02:42 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,368 Likes on 907 Posts

Josh - Can you give me a recommendation (part number) for a complete kit to supercharge my stock 09 ls3 base? I've perused many of the pages in this thread, but looking for some info and save time through your recommendation

So far, I've mostly researched the E-Force and would want something comparable to their stage 1 street kit. In other words, a streetable mild boost. Can you comment how complete the kit is you recommend (or what else it will need), and can you direct me to price of that kit?

Thanks,
Old 08-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by BlindSpot
Josh - Can you give me a recommendation (part number) for a complete kit to supercharge my stock 09 ls3 base? I've perused many of the pages in this thread, but looking for some info and save time through your recommendation

So far, I've mostly researched the E-Force and would want something comparable to their stage 1 street kit. In other words, a streetable mild boost. Can you comment how complete the kit is you recommend (or what else it will need), and can you direct me to price of that kit?

Thanks,
You can get one of my A&A SC kits for a lot less than the E-force kit and make twice as much power. My kit will have every last item you need for the install, then just go have it Dyno Tuned and you can go out and have a blast with the new found power. Give us a call to discuss options and if you need a shop recommendation. 805-278-4107
Old 08-16-2016, 03:02 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

You can get one of my A&A SC kits for a lot less than the E-force kit and make twice as much power. My kit will have every last item you need for the install, then just go have it Dyno Tuned and you can go out and have a blast with the new found power. Give us a call to discuss options and if you need a shop recommendation. 805-278-4107
OK. Thanks for info. I looked at your site and if I configured correctly, it is directing me to a radiator upgrade required for my 09 Z51 Manual? Correct? Is the radiator a Dewitt?

I am in Scottsdale (Phoenix). I think the E-force supplied a canned tune. No option to completely DIY your kit?

Thanks Josh
Old 08-16-2016, 03:05 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I'd give them a call..

Canned tunes are overly safe and oftentimes leave a lot to be desired. I wouldn't run one even if they did include it.

You're too close to too many good shops to bother with a canned tune.

Last edited by schpenxel; 08-16-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:17 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by schpenxel
I'd give them a call..

Canned tunes are overly safe and oftentimes leave a lot to be desired. I wouldn't run one even if they did include it.

You're too close to too many good shops to bother with a canned tune.
Thanks Schpenxel, I respect your advice.

I have a propensity to master everything myself. I've done that with NA, my new frontier is forced induction. I'm not good for getting things done by shops and others. That's why a kit that I can install, get through the basic tune stuff on my own works for me. I can do a canned tune myself until I get experience on that and grow into it that way.

Otherwise, if I had to have the kit installed and/or tunes by someone else, there is no upside for me and I'd just pass on the whole thing and go engine mods on the NA that I can do.

For me its all about the wrenching, not the driving.

Thanks again for you input.

Best,

Get notified of new replies

To OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread

Old 08-16-2016, 09:15 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

You could buy HPTuners and a wideband do the tuning yourself then

That is what I did..
Old 08-16-2016, 09:23 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by schpenxel
You could buy HPTuners and a wideband do the tuning yourself then

That is what I did..
That sounds like a good path. I've been thinking about an HPTuner for a while now. Still, I want to get the mechanical SC kit installed which is a cake walk for me, and running with a crappy canned tune until I can grow into the HP.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:17 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

So, after more research, I don't see a solution for me with A&A BC after mechanical install, I wouldn't be able to start the car w/o towing it somewhere.

At least the E-Force (albeit maybe not the best tune) is a complete DIY, which I insist if I go forced induction at all. I can correct a bad or average tune down the road.

I saw another mfgr, ECS I think it was, that completes the kit with a Diablosport. I use a Diablosport now, so I might be able to access the tune itself.

Thanks anyway...Looks like I'm headed in another direction.

Best,

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread