C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exciting news for ECS users!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exciting news for ECS users!!!

Semi long story but worth the wait!

Let me start by saying I owe a BIG thanks to Nick at lethal racing for having his finger on the pulse of the industry as always! And to Tracy over at RX performance for the QUICK bail out and the exciting news!

Ok, like most ECS users we have a breather filter on our kit. Its a great design but it limits us to NEED the factory oil filler neck. RX performance offers a BETTER filter, with a built in check valve and I opted for this when I did my RX catch can with my ECS install.

Well talking to Nick the other day he told me how he had "modded" his oil filler neck to work with the Holley valve covers! Cool right? So I ordered a set, got them in and "tried" to mod mine in the same manner that nick did. Well....needless to say I found out the hard way that im not Nick! Lol!! I sorta broke it and needed a fix QUICK!

Nick put me in touch with Tracy over at RX to get a threaded version of his filter. I called the very next morning and Tracy said nick had alreay called for me! He also told me that he had been making the threaded version for some time, and in 3 different thread pitches and several colors to work with a few different valve covers! Then he dropped the bomb on me and told me that he was about to start suppling ECS with his filters for their kits!

He got my info on what I needed and it was to my door the very next day! The only thing stopping me from doing valve covers sooner was the need to keep my oil filler neck. And now we dont have to!

I know its not a "power mod" and some wont care, but now that my ECS is in im looking to "clean up" the engine bay! I have always hated "covers" and the look under them was rough! Taking some tips from nick on my last trip and a few little things here and there really make the difference I think!

I also added a set on MSD wires while I was in there and there are a few more goodies on their way. One I havent seen here yet on a c6! And I have a feeling will get BIG fast!! (Thanks Nick! ) More pics to follow! My stock covers will be in the sale section soon if anyone needs them.

What do you guys think???

RX check vavle threaded vs stock style filler neck RX check vale filler

After a little tlc...

Also added billet black flags front and rear

Last edited by Deezee757; 05-05-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:39 PM
BLACK-10
Instructor

looks great!

The addition on the RX products to the ECS kit is even more reason to go with it! Tracey over at RX is the master when it comes to evacuation systems.

Last edited by BLACK-10; 05-05-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Good call brother! Updated post to be more clear Thanks again for all the help! I have NO IDEA how you got that mod to work, but 3hrs later and my hands still hurt! Tracy is the man, and the fact that he about to start suppling ECS his checked filter to go with their kit is AWESOME!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 12:57 AM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice

Your intake duct is missing something"..................meth nozzle.....
Old 05-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Deezee757
Racer

Lol and a clutch! Its holding for now! Street driven and Im still on stock rubber! The clutch tires meth will be next!

Get notified of new replies

To Exciting news for ECS users!!!

Quick Reply: Exciting news for ECS users!!!