Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous
C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth Sponsored by
A&A Superchargers

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 07-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
0Jay@Redline
Former Vendor

Default 2013 grand sport edelbrock 416 and eforce for vette magazine

We just took in a customers 2013 convertible grandsport with 213 miles we baselined the car last night and will start on the motor swap and supercharger install this week, we will be using the new edelbrock 416 longblock and the eforce 599 kit. This is for a Vette magazine article so we cant disclose everything but we will let out what we can, for the full build we will have to wait till the magazine hits the newsstands!

Click the image to open in full size.

this is bone stock as it showed up off showroom floor.

Jay@Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
JoesC5
CF Senior Member

I have a problem accepting that a stock Grand Sport with either 430 HP or 436 HP at the flywheel will put down 425 HP at the wheels on a chassis dyno.
JoesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196
Support Corvetteforum!

Much more than our stock 09 put down
peter pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
0Jay@Redline
Former Vendor

here is the run file from the dyno, we were surprised to see these numbers from the stock car also. On the sheet you can see the CF and the weather info.

we have went to great lengths to build our enclosed dyno cell to keep conditions stable and with our air management system in the cell there is NO exhaust fumes lingering around to re ingest into the motor.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Motorhead-47
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Didn't realize that Edelbrock had started offering "crate" supercharged packages with a 2 year warranty! Looking forward to your results!

416 LS dyno sheet as published on Edelbrock's site...

Last edited by Motorhead-47; 07-11-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Motorhead-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
ls1wolf
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to ls1wolf

No way.. Nope... False numbers... Take it to the track. Or get another Dyno
ls1wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
C6 Doberman
CF Senior Member

C6 Doberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
camirocz
CF Senior Member

Who cares about the baseline numbers.Its the gains that count.Lets see the results after the install and appreciate the gains.
camirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
old motorhead
CF Senior Member

This has all the markings of a thread that should get interesting....or maybe entertaining....or maybe both It was getting a little slow around here anyway.
old motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
FloydSummerOf68
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to FloydSummerOf68

Ridiculous baseline numbers, but should be an interesting build to see how it pans out.
FloydSummerOf68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #11
JoesC5
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camirocz View Post
Who cares about the baseline numbers.Its the gains that count.Lets see the results after the install and appreciate the gains.
You have a stupid number as a base, you will have a stupid number after the modifications. Then someone will come along and post the stupid numbers after the modifications and claim their product produces insane horsepower.
JoesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #12
breecher_7
CF Senior Member

Don't think you can trust a damn thing that dyno says! Those are the most insanely false rwhp numbers I have ever seen for a stock ls3 powered c6. That is quite possibly the most generous dyno on the planet!!!!
breecher_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #13
Redline Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Redline-Motorsports/212805857665
Send a message via MSN to Redline Motorsports

What do you think the advantage is to have an inflated number on a bone stock car? Our chassis dyno runs all day with LS based engines and doesn't skip a beat. I just calibrated a 2010 ZO6 before that car went on and it made 456/422 stock.....sounds in line to he last 100 plus ZO6s the rollers have seen. Before that was a 2012 CTSv auto that made 465/470... It's not a dyno issue.

We strap it and pull it and watch for the environmental conditions to stabilize. I did observe however the spark curve during these pulls to be quite aggressive and more in line to what I might make one while doing a recalibrating.

We went through the same BS in 2009 as we had one of the first ones produced and as time went on others where popping up making the same numbers....where are all the 2013's???

Just posting the facts so sit back with your popcorn..

Howard
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #14
Deezee757
CF Senior Member

They all vary quite a bit. Pull a car off a dynojet and slap it directly on a mustang dyno (aka the heart breaker) and you will see! The most imortant thing is to dyno before and after on the same dyno. Best option would be in similar conditions, and get a "power added" number. I know a lot of guys go to the highest "reading" dyno just for the sheet. Its just a tool though. We know that here and will take it for what its worth. Now if they ONLY posted after numbers then the next few kits sold would be kinda upset I think. I for one am not a fan of the eforce kit, but will be looking forward to seeing how this build turns out! Thanks for posting it!
Deezee757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #15
gregs94
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
What do you think the advantage is to have an inflated number on a bone stock car? Our chassis dyno runs all day with LS based engines and doesn't skip a beat. I just calibrated a 2010 ZO6 before that car went on and it made 456/422 stock.....sounds in line to he last 100 plus ZO6s the rollers have seen. Before that was a 2012 CTSv auto that made 465/470... It's not a dyno issue.

We strap it and pull it and watch for the environmental conditions to stabilize. I did observe however the spark curve during these pulls to be quite aggressive and more in line to what I might make one while doing a recalibrating.

We went through the same BS in 2009 as we had one of the first ones produced and as time went on others where popping up making the same numbers....where are all the 2013's???

Just posting the facts so sit back with your popcorn..

Howard
100%
gregs94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #16
Redline Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Redline-Motorsports/212805857665
Send a message via MSN to Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezee757 View Post
They all vary quite a bit. Pull a car off a dynojet and slap it directly on a mustang dyno (aka the heart breaker) and you will see! The most imortant thing is to dyno before and after on the same dyno. Best option would be in similar conditions, and get a "power added" number. I know a lot of guys go to the highest "reading" dyno just for the sheet. Its just a tool though. We know that here and will take it for what its worth. Now if they ONLY posted after numbers then the next few kits sold would be kinda upset I think. I for one am not a fan of the eforce kit, but will be looking forward to seeing how this build turns out! Thanks for posting it!
I could care less about the numbers and don't really care about them when I'm calibrating. The dyno is my tool to get my calibration done and whatever it makes is for the customers own bragging rights. I tell people if they don't like the numbers they need to start buying more parts!

We do large amount of testing and development work which is why we purchased this particular chassis dyno. I also have relationships with many well noted shops in which we compare numbers all the time off line. We are satisfied our industry numbers are within check.

We did try to get to drag strip today but the South Florida weather didn't work in our favor..because of our schedule we are just going to run it when completed..

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net
1-954-703-5560

South Florida's Leading LSX and LT1 Performance Center
AUTHORIZED DEALER INSTALLER FOR ECS SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
Building 11,10,9 and 8 Second Corvettes!

FIRST C7 Stingray IN THE 10'S....VIDEO!

2014 Laguna Blue Z51 10.50@133
2006 Z06 TT 432 8.39@171!! RUN Video! VIDEO #2!
2012 ZL1Video of 9.95 run
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #17
Deezee757
CF Senior Member

Well said! I've seem a lot of people go out of their way to get a dyno number up! Pulling of all intake piping or even throwing a bag of ice on the intake manifold! Lol. Its just a tool, and I'm looking forward to the final build!

"if you don't like the numbers, buy more parts!" lmao
Deezee757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #18
0Jay@Redline
Former Vendor

here is the video from the dyno pulls they all average between 420.5 to 424.5
Old 07-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #19
old motorhead
CF Senior Member

Are you going to use a smaller blower pulley than what comes with the kit? Not going to have much boost on a 416 if you don't.
old motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #20
winters97gt
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
Are you going to use a smaller blower pulley than what comes with the kit? Not going to have much boost on a 416 if you don't.
with Rodney. That is going to take a pulley change, possibly maxing out the 2300 to a decent boost out of those cubes. That is a high RWHP number out of a stock car. About 40rwhp more than I have seen, but as mentioned, dynos are just a tool. Nobody races on a dyno. Very interested in the results.
1999 Pewter FRC-Sold
2003 Red Z06-ECS Novi 2500, Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit, etc.
winters97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous
Reload this Page 2013 grand sport edelbrock 416 and eforce for vette magazine