C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Methanol + Lethal Racing = 700whp CLUB!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Deezee757
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Methanol + Lethal Racing = 700whp CLUB!!!

Well the guys have done it again! Just got back from Lethal Racing for my Alky Control dual nozzle meth kit install. After talking it over with them I decided not to switch over to an SD tune, and to keep the MAF. We left the timing where it was and upped the boost from 9psi to 12psi via opening up the resrtictor a little and I ended up leaving at 701whp, and 630tq! Shawn did a pull with a little more timing and we rolled 737whp/671tq! I decided Id rather run less timing for added safety. I couldnt be happier with the end result. 700whp to the ground is great, but doing it consistantly is better. First pull before changing anything was 609whp so I picked up nearly 100whp and its far safer! Its a good thing I dont do burn outs or race from a dig because the staock clutch isnt going to last! On the last dyno pull you could smell it just a little. It will be ok for now but a nice Mantic twin is going in next

I had a great time as always! I stayed in town for a couple of days and we got to hang out a lot. Nick and I went over a lot of little "engine dress up" ideas and changed a few things. Mike did a great job helping me decided how to rerun my catch can hoses, and we swapped them out for braided ones too. Engine bay looks great now I think!! We also pulled off my ****** (expensive!) corner marker black outs since they were falling off and the only mod I wish I hadnt done! Then nick tinted them for me with film and a heat gun. SOOO much nicer!

The Alky Control kit is great! The braided lines are much nicer than the lines for the Snow kit, but the Snow control box is better after seeing both installed up close. The Snow also seem easier to tune. I will say for the record too that the ECS aux windshied washer tank is FAR from plug and play! lol! The C6 version with the pump on the bottom does NOT fit where it is in their pics! Unless you notch out the car? Luckily Nick had one for a Camaro left over and there is no pump on the bottom. After trying a few mounting ideas we found one we liked. Then he used a new factory camaro washer pump hidden to supply the fluid. He wired it into a factory connector (that he cut off his own car!) for me. It turned out great, and very hidden lines and wires! If anyone decides to do one let me know and Ill take some closer pics.

Again BIG tahnks to the guys at Lethal! It was great seeing you all again, and Im sure Ill be back soon! Thanks again for your support and more your friendship!

Basics (go fast parts) build as of now for anyone not following it
2011 Base C6 6MT (Stock bottom end)
ECS SL1500 (12psi)
Night Fury Cam
ECS Alky Control Dual Nozzle Meth Kit (100% Meth)
LG 1 7/8 Catless TL Headers
SLP Loudmouth II Exhaust

Probably buliding the motor next year and shooting for 800! Stay tuned!

On to the pics!!

Dyno

Pump installed (hard to tell but its ablove the frame rail)

Little dirty since it was too hot to rince off. Looking better though!

Other side+aux ww tank mount

Quick wash before the long drive home then it rained the whole way!!

Rear

Last edited by Deezee757; 07-22-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:35 AM
KE9331
Instructor

WOW car looks great.
We take ours to Shawn next weekend to get our Maggie put on. Shawn had it powder coated for us to match our paint scheme. He is also installing a cam and alky controller also. We would like to get headers and clutch done at same time.
We have heard amazing things about Shawn and his crew from local vette owners.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:50 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Serious power
Old 07-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Deezee757
Racer

Thanks! Yea Shawn and the guys are great! There is a reason I drive 5hrs each way trust me! The attention to detail is amazing. Be sure to post up pics when its done for sure!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:28 AM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

What valve covers are those? Nice numbers.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Deezee757
Racer

Originally Posted by lt1z
What valve covers are those? Nice numbers.
Thanks. They are made by Holley. They come in several colors and pollished I believe? Mine are black crinkle finish. They were also $200 cheaper than most sets ive seen and I like them MORE! Search the forum, I got them from a vendor but I dont remember who?
Old 07-22-2012, 12:31 PM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice numbers!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:38 PM
1sc334
Racer

Im so jealous :-) GREAT NUMBERS have u had a chance to get on it since install look like u have a bit more torque down low
Old 07-22-2012, 01:41 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

That's just bada$$. Looks good and runs good too. Hope you have a lot of fun with it....and be safe doing it
Old 07-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Thanks! I've driven it as much as I could so far. I've been in it pretty hard a few times so far, and yes the new power is very noticeable! It hits even harder now tho I've never seen over 10psi On the street!:O I like that we ran the same timing and there is more boost up top should I "need it" I feel even at 100whp more it's safer than before. It's scary fast that's for sure!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 02:46 PM
2008LS3
Instructor

How is the meth usage? Does it go fast? Im worried about going long distances with the car and running out. Do you have any way to monitor the level?
Old 07-22-2012, 03:18 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Nice new results and clean engine bay
Old 07-22-2012, 04:31 PM
DubsAndSubs
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your engine bay looks awesome, almost exactly how I want mine to look eventually. I really like the meth setup too, might do mine similar to that when the time comes....which might be a while for me.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:52 PM
1sc334
Racer

Eric wat are the advantages of running daul nozzles vs single like on my set up
Old 07-22-2012, 04:54 PM
1sc334
Racer

N how safe is 12# really on a stock motor???
Old 07-22-2012, 04:55 PM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you had such a great time at Lethal. The numbers are awesome and your car looks fantastic. The engine bay looks really nice. Nick does at fantastic job under the hood and he really listens to what you want. Take care and glad to see your post.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:56 PM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Great job with hoses on that Meth unit. Mine were difficult as well. The space in that fender well certainly isn't plentiful.

Get notified of new replies

To Methanol + Lethal Racing = 700whp CLUB!!!

Old 07-22-2012, 04:59 PM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Originally Posted by 2008LS3
How is the meth usage? Does it go fast? Im worried about going long distances with the car and running out. Do you have any way to monitor the level?
When your wiper fluid light comes on you know you need a refill. As long as you are not getting on it constantly you won't be spraying Meth. Long trips on the highway shouldn't be an issue at all.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Quiky One
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Great results! Lethal has some awesome combo's coming out of there.

Question about the alky. I do not see where they broke out the IAT of the MAF sensor? Did they mount it on the underside not visible to pictures? I am sure you want that as an added safety measure.

EDIT: is that it on top of the intake? My computer screen is small so that may be it.

Car looks awesome.

Jason

Last edited by Quiky One; 07-22-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Deezee757
Racer

First off thank you all for the compliments! let me answer some questions now.

Originally Posted by 2008LS3
"how much" is all on you and your foot! I drove 5hrs home and it only kicked on 2-3 times. So I didnt use hardly any meth. Even "if" you ran out, like steve said your ww light would come on. As long as you didnt get onto boost (over 5psi or so) it wouldnt even matter since it wouldnt spray. If you "did" and had no meth Shawn has the tune set up to pull all the timing out so as not to pop the motor. Its a very popular safety feature in the tune Now when you do have meth and it is spraying its at 150psi and dual nozzle and it sprays a LOT. Nick gave me a "demonstration" while I was there and its more than I wouldve guessed.

Originally Posted by 1sc334
Eric wat are the advantages of running daul nozzles vs single like on my set up
Its all about the power level your running and your tuner. I believe Nick said over 600-650whp they like to run a dual set up. The advantage would be MORE meth sprayed

Originally Posted by 1sc334
N how safe is 12# really on a stock motor???
"Safe" well I dont know that ALL LS3's have the same number? You take a chance with ANY boost. But I think 12psi is "safe enough" Like I said even when I have gotten into it so far I havent seen more than 10psi on the street yet. And I was HAULING!!! I have 2 more lbs up top if I "need" it though. The timing being low is what I like. Nick and shawn both run 12psi also I believe but with more timing and they are "comfortable" with that. They fully understand the dangers of boost and are willing to take that risk too. I dont WANT to pop my motor, but know its a risk I take. We do plan on building it next year or so though. Im not looking to put 100k miles on it like this

Originally Posted by NSANEC6
Great job with hoses on that Meth unit. Mine were difficult as well. The space in that fender well certainly isn't plentiful.
Honestly Nick and mike made it look easy in the fender. You could tell how many they did. Now hiding all the wires and controllers under the dash...that was nick voodoo magic!!! Not to mention it ALL looks stock! Even the route of the new ww tank. It goes all the way around the front but you cant tell

Originally Posted by Quiky One
Great results! Lethal has some awesome combo's coming out of there.

Question about the alky. I do not see where they broke out the IAT of the MAF sensor? Did they mount it on the underside not visible to pictures? I am sure you want that as an added safety measure.

EDIT: is that it on top of the intake? My computer screen is small so that may be it.

Car looks awesome.

Jason
The fact that you cant tell is all nick and mikes work man, and means its done right! Yes thats it in the intake, just after the throttle body. Looks like a factory part and if you hadnt seen it done before you would think it was a stock wire!

Last edited by Deezee757; 07-22-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Methanol + Lethal Racing = 700whp CLUB!!!