C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meth nozzle placement how far from IAT

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 04:03 PM
mourat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Meth nozzle placement how far from IAT

I was thinking about placing the meth nozzle down by where the charge pipe meets the intercooler so its out of the way.

My IAT would be upstream closer to the TB.

My concern is, is this too far if I'm trying to use the IAT as reference to add timing when meth is turned on?

The other location for the IAT I'm thinking is to put it inside the intake manifold for better SD tuning and just copy the BIAS tables from a ZR1 file. If I do that, then the IAT will be right behind the TB, and if meth is sprayed all the way at the intercooler to charge pipe location. I'm thinking the temp drop register would not be as much especially if spraying full meth.

Has anyone tried a similar setup where meth is sprayed a good 25" from the IAT, or is it ideal to spray within 2-3" at the IAT to register a significant drop in IAT.

Thanks for your input! I had a few other ideas but I want to run this by everyone first.

I need the temp drop to be significant because up here in Canada you can vary 20*F from one day to the next so I dont want to only register 20*F and the ECM to add unnecessary timing just because its colder outside say if meth were to run dry.

Last edited by mourat; 11-16-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:58 PM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I've always heard to keep the nozzles about 6 to 10 inches before the IAT. I wouldnt want to put it down low by the innercooler since the lines will drain completely and it could siphon the meth tank under normal driving conditions or while parked which could lead to an innercooler full of meth.

Last edited by playtoy; 11-16-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:30 PM
mourat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hopefully get some insight on this.

Using Alky control kit, I see ECS puts it down there, the pump is still below that point, and would require high vacuum to do that.

How much lower do the IAT's get when sprayed directly at the IAT or say 10" away.

Get notified of new replies

To Meth nozzle placement how far from IAT

Quick Reply: Meth nozzle placement how far from IAT