C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost a pump for Edelbrock E-Force question

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Boost a pump for Edelbrock E-Force question

How / where do you connect the boost a pump pressure switch to the Supercharger?

C6, 06, A6
Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Best place to get accurate boost measurement is the 1/8" plugged hole on the driver's side.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=Motorhead-47;1582374037]Best place to get accurate boost measurement is the 1/8" plugged hole on the driver's side.

QUOTE]

Excellent,

I must be psychic because I knew you would have the answer with excellent pictures. I have found reference where to mount the BAP using the Racetronix harness but not where to connect the sensor so thanks for you diligence.

I think we should open a speed shop - I'll run the cash register!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:21 AM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
Best place to get accurate boost measurement is the 1/8" plugged hole on the driver's side.
Originally Posted by Red Sleeper

Excellent,

I must be psychic because I knew you would have the answer with excellent pictures. I have found reference where to mount the BAP using the Racetronix harness but not where to connect the sensor so thanks for you diligence.

I think we should open a speed shop - I'll run the cash register!
Are you thinking your low speed stumble problem is fuel pressure related?

As for the speed shop..I'll man the keg tap and take charge of hiring the umbrella girls. Not that I've ever seen "Umbrella Girls" at a speed shop but I think it would help with customer traffic.

Last edited by Motorhead-47; 11-20-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Are you thinking your low speed stumble problem is fuel pressure related?

As for the speed shop..I'll man the keg tap and take charge of hiring the umbrella girls. Not that I've ever seen "Umbrella Girls" at a speed shop but I think it would help with customer traffic.
Great minds think alike!

No, fuel pressure is good. I'm hoping the stumble problem will be taken care soon. If Edlebrock can't get it fixed I'll find somebody that can or tune it myself. I'm seeing a 3.5" pulley in my near future.

I've tuned a few C4's including my own using the old Tuner Cat software. I've just never tuned one with a blower or MAF sensor. Also, the HP and EFIlive is expensive. SCT Advantage III GM pro racers software is only $350 and I already have the SCT hand held device and the live link Gen II data logger which was free. The good thing is their tech support says it will tune everything the others will. The bad thing is that help will be somewhat anemic on the forum.

Going to the Drag Strip Friday!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I use HP Tuners but the learning curve can be steep. The datalogging function has been invaluable for tuning through driveability issues.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

I use HP Tuners but the learning curve can be steep. The datalogging function has been invaluable for tuning through driveability issues.

When you connect to the OBDII with data logging option do you loose the speedometer? Will automatic transmission shift above 3rd gear?

With SCT data logging you loose just about everything that reads out on the dash and it will not let the automatic trans shift above 3rd gear. I'm just curious if this is the norm.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

When you connect to the OBDII with data logging option do you loose the speedometer? Will automatic transmission shift above 3rd gear?

With SCT data logging you loose just about everything that reads out on the dash and it will not let the automatic trans shift above 3rd gear. I'm just curious if this is the norm.
None of the above....with HP tuners everything works 100% normal.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

None of the above....with HP tuners everything works 100% normal.
Interesting, must be the difference between quality software and free stuff!

Does you laptop ride copilot with HP tuners?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Interesting, must be the difference between quality software and free stuff!

Does you laptop ride copilot with HP tuners?
Yep, I log with a laptop. The number of parameters you record and how you set up the display is totally configurable.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Yep, I log with a laptop. The number of parameters you record and how you set up the display is totally configurable.
I did download the demo version of both EFIlive and HP tuners. I liked HP the best. I couldn't get the demo for EFIlive to work. Hp was complicated especially someone that was used to old TunerCat C4 software but I don't think it's beyond me.

Do you know if people post HP tuner files on line to learn from?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I did download the demo version of both EFIlive and HP tuners. I liked HP the best. I couldn't get the demo for EFIlive to work. Hp was complicated especially someone that was used to old TunerCat C4 software but I don't think it's beyond me.

Do you know if people post HP tuner files on line to learn from?
There are files in the HP Tuners download area but you never really know how good...or how bad they are. I do know a guy though who has a handful of well sorted HP Tuners files for the Edelbrock supercharger.... most are LS3 files though.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

What ever you do, do not blindly load anyone elses tune to your car. That is very risky. If you do get hptuners and can post up your tune, we can look at it and possibly help.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

And more importantly post the logged data
Old 11-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by realcanuk
What ever you do, do not blindly load anyone elses tune to your car. That is very risky. If you do get hptuners and can post up your tune, we can look at it and possibly help.

That's good to know. I sure thank you guys for the info. It will be some time before I chunk out the change for HP Tuners. Probably be the new year before I buy anything for myself. A lot depends on how well Edelbrock does on the mid range stumble.

Thanks again!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Based on what I know now if I were to choose again I'd go with EFILive. There are several valuable tuning tools in EFILive that are not automated in HP Tuners. And yes, EFILive does cost more.

Get notified of new replies

To Boost a pump for Edelbrock E-Force question

Quick Reply: Boost a pump for Edelbrock E-Force question