C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many E-Force supercharger owners do we have here on the forum??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 02:50 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

I put the 599 kit on my car in February 2013 at just over 3k miles on my 2013. I now have just a hair over 10k miles.

Only issue was an idler pulley (after the supercharger) that went bad and the belt that came with the kit being junk. A GATES BLUE RACING BELT is on now. Everything seems good though. Wish I had more power. The Edelbrock tune I feel i spulling a lot of timing. When it gets warm the car is still quick but you can feel it lose some power.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
What kind of times have you been getting?

BTW we have approx. 25,000 miles on our 1591 kit and no problems at all so far.
Here is an ET slip from this spring. The temperature was around 78 degrees. Keep in mind this run was with the 3-7/8" pulley. It feels quite a bit stronger with the 3-1/2 pulley. Not going back out to the track until I can get some 60 degree temps.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:06 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

getting some good feedback here, I like it.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict
I put the 599 kit on my car in February 2013 at just over 3k miles on my 2013. I now have just a hair over 10k miles.

Only issue was an idler pulley (after the supercharger) that went bad and the belt that came with the kit being junk. A GATES BLUE RACING BELT is on now. Everything seems good though. Wish I had more power. The Edelbrock tune I feel i spulling a lot of timing. When it gets warm the car is still quick but you can feel it lose some power.
The Edelbrock tune is simply a safe conservative one size fits all cars tune. Lots of power left on the table. The Edelbrock's tune netted an 1/8 mile time of 7.740 @ 96 mph and a 1/4 mile time of 11.747 @ 123.35 mph. The low end torque is missing in their tune which is most notable in an automatic I suppose. The 60' times were 1.97. Couldn't spin the tires no matter how hard I tried. Anyway tune it or get it tuned and you'll be happier!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:54 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Red Sleeper
The Edelbrock tune is simply a safe conservative one size fits all cars tune. Lots of power left on the table. The Edelbrock's tune netted an 1/8 mile time of 7.740 @ 96 mph and a 1/4 mile time of 11.747 @ 123.35 mph. The low end torque is missing in their tune which is most notable in an automatic I suppose. The 60' times were 1.97. Couldn't spin the tires no matter how hard I tried. Anyway tune it or get it tuned and you'll be happier!!!
Hrm....with the 599 kit I can be in 2nd gear and going 25 mph and the rear tires spin with ease. Not if heat soaked but outside of that its no issue.

Plan is to get a real tune on it in a while...not sure when. I need to buy another house in Florida and get a DD so I can mod the Vette.

Let me add the item of a rich woman with big hooters to that list.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:55 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

What do you feel is the reason for the heat soak? Is it just the intercoolers cant pull enough heat out (are they single or dual pass?), too small a HE, or dose the unit just heat up?

Guess the only way to remove the timing issue is get the setup hot and tune it with as much monitoring as you can.

I guess as you have the cooled air passing very close to the blower itself there is always going to be some heat transfer. Maybe some thermal barrier coating (like on piston tops) could be applied to the runners to help reduce the heat transfer?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:30 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Originally Posted by chuntington101
What do you feel is the reason for the heat soak? Is it just the intercoolers cant pull enough heat out (are they single or dual pass?), too small a HE, or dose the unit just heat up?

Guess the only way to remove the timing issue is get the setup hot and tune it with as much monitoring as you can.

I guess as you have the cooled air passing very close to the blower itself there is always going to be some heat transfer. Maybe some thermal barrier coating (like on piston tops) could be applied to the runners to help reduce the heat transfer?
I dont think the cooler is big enough and if you are not moving it really doesnt get much air.

Not sure about where to put it or what to do. I would hate to block off the radiator anymore than it is.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:31 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

As far as an easy kit......this one is easy.

I like it but with there were a few things they would change.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Ours has a custom tune due to the fact that we installed Kooks headers and hi flo cats. This past spring in really good air, 55 degrees, it went a 7.39 1/8th and a 11.39 1/4 3 times back to back. This summer, in 85-94 degree weather it has been a best 1/8th of 7.55. It usually goes 7.77 on the first pass and then goes down into the 7.60's and 7.50's, but that has been cooling it with ice water. I've just now added nitrous, but will only use a very small shot just to overcome the heat. The starter at the strip doesn't like it when we cool with water so this will alleviate the need for that and when it gets cooler we will be back in the low 7's again. I really don't want to go much quicker than that due to the added stress on the driveline. We drive ours every day and is our main mode of transport.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:41 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I believe the heat soak issue is exaggerated by the placement of the IAT sensor. This shows up when you park for a few minutes, and the temp increases dramatically. The sensor absorbs the heat from the hot metal supercharger. I am convinced that the actual air passing through is not that temp, but cant prove that.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Hrm....with the 599 kit I can be in 2nd gear and going 25 mph and the rear tires spin with ease. Not if heat soaked but outside of that its no issue.

Plan is to get a real tune on it in a while...not sure when. I need to buy another house in Florida and get a DD so I can mod the Vette.

Let me add the item of a rich woman with big hooters to that list.
I hear you, rich with little hooters would suit me!

The canned tune will make power after you get the rpm up a little.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by realcanuk
I believe the heat soak issue is exaggerated by the placement of the IAT sensor. This shows up when you park for a few minutes, and the temp increases dramatically. The sensor absorbs the heat from the hot metal supercharger. I am convinced that the actual air passing through is not that temp, but cant prove that.
I don't know about the actual air temps but I know one thing the water in the reservoir gets warm (almost hot) after a few pulls. A large quantity of water sits right over the engine in the hoses and intrecooler and it absorbs the engine heat while the car sits.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:12 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

I don't know about the actual air temps but I know one thing the water in the reservoir gets warm (almost hot) after a few pulls. A large quantity of water sits right over the engine in the hoses and intrecooler and it absorbs the engine heat while the car sits.
After some changes, (bigger tank and heat shield on the hoses) the water in my reservoir gets warm, but not to hot. I did once have the fuse blow on the pump and the water really got hot that time.
The water is cooler like this, but it didn't have much effect on the IAT temps. I may try a stronger pump, but haven't decided yet.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by realcanuk
After some changes, (bigger tank and heat shield on the hoses) the water in my reservoir gets warm, but not to hot. I did once have the fuse blow on the pump and the water really got hot that time.
The water is cooler like this, but it didn't have much effect on the IAT temps. I may try a stronger pump, but haven't decided yet.

I saw that on one of your other posts and it looks good! Can you add ice to it?
Old 09-05-2013, 08:27 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

I saw that on one of your other posts and it looks good! Can you add ice to it?
Yes. There is a drain on the reservoir. Just drain out some coolant and add ice between runs. The with a switch run the pump while the car is sitting and it will cool everything down some.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:04 AM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Anyone with the E force also doing auto cross and HPDE events? If so, how is it. I have the blower ready to be installed, but I have gotten hooked on driving the bejesus out of the car on weekends (Ok, Im still a novice, but I will ring in out on weekend events)...

How is the heat?
Any other issues?
Should I just stay NA?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Default eforce

Originally Posted by UrbanKnight
Anyone with the E force also doing auto cross and HPDE events? If so, how is it. I have the blower ready to be installed, but I have gotten hooked on driving the bejesus out of the car on weekends (Ok, Im still a novice, but I will ring in out on weekend events)...

How is the heat?
Any other issues?
Should I just stay NA?
Mine worked great when I ran it in the spring. In fact I had many of the centri blower car guys asking me about it due to it coming out of the turns so strong and it's an automatic. Not to mention there were several people that came over to me telling me how good it ran and sounded, especially on the back straight. The only really better kind of car on those tracks are the ones with a manual trans and a high compression ratio to aid down shifting going into the turns.

Get notified of new replies

To How many E-Force supercharger owners do we have here on the forum??

Old 09-05-2013, 07:09 PM
jcase10
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

I have had the base system installed by Dr. Phil back in the spring of 2010.
No issues other than elevated heart beats per minute.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:41 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

I dont think the cooler is big enough and if you are not moving it really doesnt get much air.

Not sure about where to put it or what to do. I would hate to block off the radiator anymore than it is.
Have you seen the Vengence racing the for the zr1? It's pretty big and the zr1 guys love it. Been tested by road racers also and no overheating issues that I have heard of.

Dose the water flow from the intercooler bricks to the header tank on the Eforce? If so you would expect the water in the tank to be HOT rather than look warm.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:50 PM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I installed the E-Force 549 kit March of 2011 (06 A6 LS2 Vert). I have since dropped two pulley sizes (currently using the 3.25"pulley) and changed out the intercooler reservoir, same configuration as realcanuk. Siphoning off warm intercooler coolant at the track, adding ice and water wetter has helped drop my IAT's from 147* to 127 - 133* at the starting line with ambient at 91* (DA of 9200). I have my intercooler pump on a switch which I use to run the pump when the car is not running. I add about a gallon of ice, run the pump with the motor off and the E-Force cools down quite nicely.

Quick Reply: How many E-Force supercharger owners do we have here on the forum??