C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"SINISTTERC6 Twin Turbo"

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 07:03 PM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
I have 17in weld rims with 325/45/17 MH racemaster tires. They were brand new in Ocala so as soon as I complete my fender flare project ill get some heat cycles in them
I enjoyed the video Mike. Are you finally going to a wide booty or something else. I'd love to have a little more room under the rear narrow body fenders.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:02 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Driveability and WOT

Great video that shows how much of a street car your Vette actually is!

Vengeance did a Fantastic job on your tune as it's not stumbling all over the place and is Completely drivable!

It sounded like it loaded up a little when you put it in stage 4, but other than that, it's Very Impressive!

Thanks for the video too!

By the way, what wax do you use on your car? That black paint is deeeeep (Sorry, I know this isn't the waxer forum, but I just wanted to know because I might give it a try).
Old 07-18-2015, 07:19 AM
OD3G
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FreddyG

Vengeance did a Fantastic job on your tune as it's not stumbling all over the place and is Completely drivable!

It sounded like it loaded up a little when you put it in stage 4, but other than that, it's Very Impressive!

By the way, what wax do you use on your car? That black paint is deeeeep (Sorry, I know this isn't the waxer forum, but I just wanted to know because I might give it a try).
That was the rolliing anti-lag that you hear in stage 4, not the car loading up.
The following users liked this post:
FreddyG (09-21-2016)
Old 07-18-2015, 08:28 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

I agree, the primary focus of the car has always been streetability. The fact that its ridiculously fast is a product of the system that VR designed and build and the tuning, my ability to drive it doesn't hurt either

What you heard before take off is rolling antilag; one of the features of proEFI, basically its a rev limiter that activates when I lightly touch the brakes (and a signal is sent to the computer as an input) the computer then locks you at yor current RPM so you can obtain WOT and 10psi of boost before releasing the clutch. It takes 3-5 seconds to reach the target 10psi. The effect is I currently have faster throttle response with my 78/79 1.15 turbos than I did with the previous 7275 .98 turbos with brake boosting. Im excited to see how I stand up against a high HP SC/nitrous vette or GTR

Seriously you wan to kow what wax I use? JK JK
Ive been drinking the Adams koolaid since 07, After getting caught in rain or every two months I wash with Dawn, use their swirl/haze removal, machine polish and sealant to establish a foundation. Once a month or before a car show I use their glaze and Americana wax (two coats). After two drives I detail spray the car

Similar results are obtainable with Meguiars (what I use on the DD) using ultimate compound, swirl x, nxt liquid wax and #26 yellow wax paste.

The trick is to use an orbital polisher to really work the products into the paint. Maybe use a dime to nickel size of product per panel so that it works ito the surface and does not build up. I could talk detailing for hours (its my 3rd favorite car activity) so feel free to PM me
The following users liked this post:
FreddyG (09-21-2016)
Old 07-19-2015, 12:37 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree, the primary focus of the car has always been streetability. The fact that its ridiculously fast is a product of the system that VR designed and build and the tuning, my ability to drive it doesn't hurt either

What you heard before take off is rolling antilag; one of the features of proEFI, basically its a rev limiter that activates when I lightly touch the brakes (and a signal is sent to the computer as an input) the computer then locks you at yor current RPM so you can obtain WOT and 10psi of boost before releasing the clutch. It takes 3-5 seconds to reach the target 10psi. The effect is I currently have faster throttle response with my 78/79 1.15 turbos than I did with the previous 7275 .98 turbos with brake boosting. Im excited to see how I stand up against a high HP SC/nitrous vette or GTR

Seriously you wan to kow what wax I use? JK JK

Ive been drinking the Adams koolaid since 07, After getting caught in rain or every two months I wash with Dawn, use their swirl/haze removal, machine polish and sealant to establish a foundation. Once a month or before a car show I use their glaze and Americana wax (two coats). After two drives I detail spray the car

Similar results are obtainable with Meguiars (what I use on the DD) using ultimate compound, swirl x, nxt liquid wax and #26 yellow wax paste.

The trick is to use an orbital polisher to really work the products into the paint. Maybe use a dime to nickel size of product per panel so that it works ito the surface and does not build up. I could talk detailing for hours (its my 3rd favorite car activity) so feel free to PM me
Thanks for the info on the rolling antilag. I know nothing about ProEfi and it's always good to learn new stuff.

Isn't this the detailing forum? Crap, I'm in the wrong section! I hate when I do that! Thanks for the pointers!

Your car has a nice deep shine to it that is hard to get, but especially can make or break a black car. You Definitely have it working on your car! Nice job!

Also, Thanks for the pm invite for detailing talk. When I have a bit more time, I might take you up on that!
Old 07-19-2015, 12:51 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

one of the best threads of all time on cf fo sho.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:59 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Thanks for the info on the rolling antilag. I know nothing about ProEfi and it's always good to learn new stuff.

Isn't this the detailing forum? Crap, I'm in the wrong section! I hate when I do that! Thanks for the pointers!

Your car has a nice deep shine to it that is hard to get, but especially can make or break a black car. You Definitely have it working on your car! Nice job!

Also, Thanks for the pm invite for detailing talk. When I have a bit more time, I might take you up on that!
Thanks man, I park the car under fluorescent lights which bring up every single scratch.

Originally Posted by neverstop
one of the best threads of all time on cf fo sho.
Thank you sir, VR and I both share a passion to be the best so it's fun to keep this alive all these years later
Old 08-04-2015, 09:25 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Going widebody, my way. Many twists...

Old 08-04-2015, 09:27 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

epic! I've always wondered what over fenders would look like on a C6 when done right.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:04 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

epic! I've always wondered what over fenders would look like on a C6 when done right.
Youll see at the half mile, im keeping it top secret until then
Old 08-10-2015, 02:06 PM
C Moe
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Front Page News!

Had to do a front page profile on this beast!
https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...devil-details/
Old 08-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Youll see at the half mile, im keeping it top secret until then
Tease!!
Old 08-10-2015, 06:12 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Blackonblacksls
Tease!!
Still not done, brakes took a lot longer than expected and im designing a new oil cooler. If I had a week off or a weekend I could be done but im sneaking garage time before or after work
Old 08-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I keep thinking about CF front splitter and skirts but not sure if they are going to help or hurt 1/2 mile.

Adams makes great stuff.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:21 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
I keep thinking about CF front splitter and skirts but not sure if they are going to help or hurt 1/2 mile.

Adams makes great stuff.
Anything that increases frontal area may hurt a little...but I'd think a front splitter that reduces airflow under the car can only be a good thing.

But I'm sure the cars are already very very efficient at moving through the air even from the factory !
I see numbers of around 0.31-0.34cd being mentioned, which is pretty damn good.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:22 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Unreal

Adams makes great stuff.
My guess is neutral. The added resistance will be negated by the reduced airflow under the car.

Im hoping my new wide body panels dont hurt more than a mph or two because the look sexy
Old 08-19-2015, 08:28 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Get notified of new replies

To "SINISTTERC6 Twin Turbo"

Old 08-19-2015, 11:21 AM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

i actually wonder if something as traction limited as Sinister's C6 could actually see a good increase in mph from the increased downforce aiding in traction more than offsetting any drag. my own speculation is that putting a huge rear wing on something like this would create a few hundred lbs of downforce on the rear and may improve high speed traction a lot since it seems to be wheelspin the whole 1/2 mile so it's more of a traction game at that point than anything else.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

more angles / more info ASAP
Old 08-19-2015, 11:24 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

i actually wonder if something as traction limited as Sinister's C6 could actually see a good increase in mph from the increased downforce aiding in traction more than offsetting any drag. my own speculation is that putting a huge rear wing on something like this would create a few hundred lbs of downforce on the rear and may improve high speed traction a lot since it seems to be wheelspin the whole 1/2 mile so it's more of a traction game at that point than anything else.
I agree and will likely add an apr wing this winter

Quick Reply: "SINISTTERC6 Twin Turbo"