C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"SINISTTERC6 Twin Turbo"

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 08:39 PM
MGJ07C6
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike, looking forward to this weekend, seeing your car run and put some awd guys on the trailer. I saw your car in person the other day and Jey did an outstanding job as always on the new set up. It should be an exciting weekend!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:46 PM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MGJ07C6
Mike, looking forward to this weekend, seeing your car run and put some awd guys on the trailer. I saw your car in person the other day and Jey did an outstanding job as always on the new set up. It should be an exciting weekend!
Do you guys know if they have alternate dates? Or contingency plan? Pretty good chance of rain here this weekend 😰
Old 01-19-2015, 08:54 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by MGJ07C6
Hell yea bro come up and say hi. See you Saturday
Old 01-19-2015, 09:45 PM
Spying Beast
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
I wanted to go Haltech 2500 but they didnt have a unit ready let alone one with a viable TC setup in time for September. I went with ProEFI for their proven results
In looking at the two models (haltech elite/ProEFI 128), it would seem as if the Two models share similar features for the most part, though the ProEFI 128 is a bit more antiquated, whereas the Haltech Elite is the newest offering.

Boost control is limited on the ProEFI is limited to time and speed, where the Elite has boost by gear as an addition to the EFI offerings. Drive by Wire isn't available with the EFI 128, though it is standard with EFI's slightly lower model. The Haltech Launch Control, Boost by Gear and adaptive learning are all i need to hear, save for some people on here with success stories about it, that would be nice.

Not knowing if Drive by Wire is something that people want as a beneficial feature, throttle control and multiple levels of redundancy alone would sway someone to at least try the optional feature.

I'm brand new to custom ECU's and all that makes one model more appealing than another Sinister, though your answer of your supplier not having the correct model and accessories in stock when you needed it leads me to my own assumption. That if they had the Elite, you would rather have used that in lieu of the more known and readily available EFI 128. I hope that you decide to upgrade sooner or later so I can follow your updates/changes, as I don't have a clue in how to use either.

Let me know if you decide to switch over to the Haltech Elite 2500, maybe I can share the cost of the module with you, and you can assist me with the tune of my car....? Just askin, thats all.

Thanks for all your help Sinister, sorry to Bomb your thread.

Keith
Old 01-20-2015, 05:38 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Spying Beast
In looking at the two models (haltech elite/ProEFI 128), it would seem as if the Two models share similar features for the most part, though the ProEFI 128 is a bit more antiquated, whereas the Haltech Elite is the newest offering.

Boost control is limited on the ProEFI is limited to time and speed, where the Elite has boost by gear as an addition to the EFI offerings. Drive by Wire isn't available with the EFI 128, though it is standard with EFI's slightly lower model. The Haltech Launch Control, Boost by Gear and adaptive learning are all i need to hear, save for some people on here with success stories about it, that would be nice.

Not knowing if Drive by Wire is something that people want as a beneficial feature, throttle control and multiple levels of redundancy alone would sway someone to at least try the optional feature.

I'm brand new to custom ECU's and all that makes one model more appealing than another Sinister, though your answer of your supplier not having the correct model and accessories in stock when you needed it leads me to my own assumption. That if they had the Elite, you would rather have used that in lieu of the more known and readily available EFI 128. I hope that you decide to upgrade sooner or later so I can follow your updates/changes, as I don't have a clue in how to use either.

Let me know if you decide to switch over to the Haltech Elite 2500, maybe I can share the cost of the module with you, and you can assist me with the tune of my car....? Just askin, thats all.

Keith
After seeing how well the ProEFI works with its proven traction control I will not be switching but thank you.

ProEFI does have drive by wire which is how the TC functions.

If both units were available at the same time I still would have gone ProEFI. Its only downside is cost.

Last edited by SinisterC6; 01-20-2015 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:09 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
After seeing how well the ProEFI works with its proven traction control I will not be switching but thank you.

ProEFI does have drive by wire which is how the TC functions.

If both units were available at the same time I still would have gone ProEFI. Its only downside is cost.
Its been great so far! One of the best mods for the money. Power's pretty easy to make, using it becomes more challenging the more power you make. Pro EFI just makes it a lot easier to utilize IMO.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:33 AM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Keith
ProEFI is constantly on the ball as far as developing. We were just on the phone with the owner of ProEFI this morning relaying some feedback for changes he plans to implement.

On top of that we have done numerous drive by wire systems on various platforms and even done dual drive by wire in a few, both custom and OEM (viper)

Old 01-21-2015, 05:45 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by inspector12
Its been great so far! One of the best mods for the money. Power's pretty easy to make, using it becomes more challenging the more power you make. Pro EFI just makes it a lot easier to utilize IMO.
Im excited to experience the traction control system, its been a while since I've been able to lay into 1st gear.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Keith
Boost by gear is not state of the art boost control...it's antiquated. If you have a lot of experience with REALLY high horsepower turbo cars. Boost by gear is NOT the way to go. You want boost constantly ramping so you can maintain traction. With boost by gear you are limited to one boost setting through that gear...with speed or time it can be ramping the whole time, and you never hit it with more than the tire can take at once. It is intentionally left out of the ProEFI because of this reason...it doesn't work nearly as well! The ProEFI has also ALWAYS had ETC. The newer traction control Also implements this in the most effective way possible. I will put any car on the same tire up against the ProEFI traction control....on ANY day! Countless track events and constantly tweaking the traction control is how the system was developed. It's not guessing, it's not theory...it's developed at the track in practice!
Old 01-25-2015, 08:28 PM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the win RWD class, even with no traction.

Name:  OcalaRunway292_zps228a3232.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  111.5 KB

Name:  OcalaRunway282_zpsbd762755.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  112.4 KB

Name:  OcalaRunway286_zps5c36a13b.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  105.4 KB

Name:  OcalaRunway153_zpsd4baa1d0.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  OcalaRunway092_zpsec56d0e1.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  111.1 KB
Old 01-25-2015, 08:44 PM
ace32x
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by under_psi
How did the taller m&h do? I heard traction on the asphalt was mediocre out there
Old 01-25-2015, 09:14 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

That intake piping sticking out of the hood looks sick. I don't think you'll get many street races with that showing
Old 01-26-2015, 05:56 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by under_psi
Thanks a lot. It definately allowed me to put on a good show as I danced from one side of the lane to the other

Originally Posted by ace32x
How did the taller m&h do? I heard traction on the asphalt was mediocre out there
The MH are the same height as my MTs. Since the MH were brand new I think they were still slick. Im looking forward to getting some miles in them before the georgia race

Originally Posted by schpenxel
That intake piping sticking out of the hood looks sick. I don't think you'll get many street races with that showing
Ha so I cant say it comes like that from the factory?
Old 01-26-2015, 06:14 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Tripleblk6spd
Boost by gear is not state of the art boost control...it's antiquated. If you have a lot of experience with REALLY high horsepower turbo cars. Boost by gear is NOT the way to go. You want boost constantly ramping so you can maintain traction. With boost by gear you are limited to one boost setting through that gear...with speed or time it can be ramping the whole time, and you never hit it with more than the tire can take at once. It is intentionally left out of the ProEFI because of this reason...it doesn't work nearly as well! The ProEFI has also ALWAYS had ETC. The newer traction control Also implements this in the most effective way possible. I will put any car on the same tire up against the ProEFI traction control....on ANY day! Countless track events and constantly tweaking the traction control is how the system was developed. It's not guessing, it's not theory...it's developed at the track in practice!
You could easily say boost by speed is antiquated too, as it heavily restricts boost when in a high gear at lower speeds, for cruising, overtaking etc.

So in many respects you can easily say boost by speed is not the way to go, and you need to ensure speed reference is from an undriven wheel source.

If you're wanting boost control to assist with traction, it needs to be more than one layer anyway. You need to consider throttle, speed, gear, rpm and then map boost around all of those parameters to get the most from it at all times.

And then you can combine that with multiple throttle vs pedal maps for different speeds or gears to again assist traction and the driver and improve driveability.

And then there is also traction control as a backup. Although using the throttle as a control parameter would be one of the slower options.
Reducing timing first off is always the fastest way to reduce power in a loss of traction scenario. After that you can cut fuel, spark, blade opening etc as required to restrict power until traction is restored to a usable level.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:26 AM
ZO6er
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks sick.

Should bring out to TI...no asphalt..
Old 01-26-2015, 10:37 AM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
You could easily say boost by speed is antiquated too, as it heavily restricts boost when in a high gear at lower speeds, for cruising, overtaking etc.

So in many respects you can easily say boost by speed is not the way to go, and you need to ensure speed reference is from an undriven wheel source.

If you're wanting boost control to assist with traction, it needs to be more than one layer anyway. You need to consider throttle, speed, gear, rpm and then map boost around all of those parameters to get the most from it at all times.

And then you can combine that with multiple throttle vs pedal maps for different speeds or gears to again assist traction and the driver and improve driveability.

And then there is also traction control as a backup. Although using the throttle as a control parameter would be one of the slower options.
Reducing timing first off is always the fastest way to reduce power in a loss of traction scenario. After that you can cut fuel, spark, blade opening etc as required to restrict power until traction is restored to a usable level.
I'm not going to derail Sinistter's thread. If you want to discuss it further, feel free to take it to PM. If you have ever raced a car competitively you would understand what I am saying...why would you ever want to be in 5th gear and need 20psi of boost...you would just down shift...otherwise your going to get beat anyway. You would never control traction by adjusting boost in response...it's WAY TOO SLOW.

Congrats on the car, the thing is a complete monster, and in very capable hands. I know they will have that thing dialed in perfectly in no time. Mike will be in our office today, and we will go over the logs and get it rocking!

Last edited by Tripleblk6spd; 01-26-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:37 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Interesting in seeing how this progresses. I guess I was expecting the TC on the proefi to work wonders as many people says it does. Was it just not dialed in?

I could see doing a proefi or haltech one day, but I would only be doing it for the TC and so far it doesn't seem like either is doing amazing things at these events, at least not yet.

Get notified of new replies

To "SINISTTERC6 Twin Turbo"

Old 01-26-2015, 11:47 AM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

Originally Posted by Unreal
Interesting in seeing how this progresses. I guess I was expecting the TC on the proefi to work wonders as many people says it does. Was it just not dialed in?

I could see doing a proefi or haltech one day, but I would only be doing it for the TC and so far it doesn't seem like either is doing amazing things at these events, at least not yet.
It's just not dialed in. Trust me.... my vette at 750whp and DR's on the street is WORTHLESS without the ProEFI Traction Control. I can run it at 1000whp with the traction control and it's perfectly usable. The difference is truly unbelievable! This was a 2nd gear pull on asphalt.

Last edited by Tripleblk6spd; 01-26-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:22 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Tripleblk6spd
I'm not going to derail Sinistter's thread. If you want to discuss it further, feel free to take it to PM. If you have ever raced a car competitively you would understand what I am saying...why would you ever want to be in 5th gear and need 20psi of boost...you would just down shift...otherwise your going to get beat anyway. You would never control traction by adjusting boost in response...it's WAY TOO SLOW.

Congrats on the car, the thing is a complete monster, and in very capable hands. I know they will have that thing dialed in perfectly in no time. Mike will be in our office today, and we will go over the logs and get it rocking!
Not sure there's much to discuss, and clearly Sinisters car is also a street car, hence I didnt suggest boost control options limited only to a full race environment as you seem to be aiming towards.

And absolutely, nobody ever suggested using boost as a reaction to loss of traction would be a good thing. It would be the slowest of all options as I said.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:51 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by ZO6er
Looks sick.

Should bring out to TI...no asphalt..
This FL event wasn't on concrete??

No wonder the Lambo went off into the pond.

Quick Reply: "SINISTTERC6 Twin Turbo"