C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Shoes (Welds) for 2013 (PIX)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:59 PM
1SwtRide
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Default New Shoes (Welds) for 2013 (PIX)

Thanks to the ECS crew and their powder-coater, Weld rims and Mickey Thompsons/Hoosier arrived and are installed. Rims are 15x11.5 (r) and 17x5 (f). Stance is going to be killer and grip should be much improved. Now if the snow would go away!!

My CCWs (18s) with Mickey Thompsons (r) and Nitto (f) are coming off. If anyone local (NJ here) is interested in them for a decent price, shoot me a PM. Here's some pix of the CCWs

Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 PM
gcolella
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

New shoes look great
Shoot me a pm on a price for your ccw's
Old 01-25-2013, 09:28 PM
rattt g
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

sure is a lot of tire out back
Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Nasty! Now get that thing on video and get some track passes plz
Old 01-25-2013, 10:24 PM
1SwtRide
Drifting

Originally Posted by gcolella
New shoes look great
Shoot me a pm on a price for your ccw's
Will do. Thanks for expressing interest.

Originally Posted by rattt g
sure is a lot of tire out back
That's what she said.... And, look who is talking?!!? Every since running with Nick Y. and seeing how well his set up "kept up" with his power...well, I knew I had to get my tires situation dialed in so I had some chance to hook the power that's being put down. And, yes, I'm staying 6-speed. W00t W00t.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 PM
narfdanarf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you running the base rear brakes and LG spindles?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 PM
1SwtRide
Drifting

Originally Posted by Slo-Poc
Nasty! Now get that thing on video and get some track passes plz
We're on the same page...while the "RACECAR"* -- has been DRIVEN BY DOUG** and me both on video (posted somewhere here -- has gone 8.5x in the 1/4 (still quickest supercharged C6Z06 in the 'world" that I'm aware of) => this is my year to have FUN***. So, videos of me and Nick and stretching out legs....'check', track passes done at rentals run by ECS or some other non-discriminatory folks...'check', 60-130 times by Vbox....'check'.

* in every variation, my car has had A/C, ps, stereo, etc with fully disclosed mods unlike "stock, untouched, non-worked, pristine from factor" cars who have been less than honest about set ups yet thirst for the accolades based on those lies. My car likely weighed more than the others from what I've seen. Oh, and I am totally cool driving my son to school with the RACECAR moniker...his friends riot about it. Plus, I've given ECS the directive that I must be able to drive this car to / from work without issue. Fun to pull up to work in my monkey suit and tie know that I've driving an 8 sec car. Even better after a frustrating day to drive it home - talk about therapy! Somewhat reminds me of Mark C.'s video of driving his children home from school. I do that everyday I'm able to pick up my son. So fun!

** Because of revisionist rule-making, a simpleton like me, who has a fun car, is excluded from the every-so-prestigious FAST LIST, because I didn't drive MY car on the world record runs.

*** I'll define my fun but, as I suspect, fun runs the spectrum. From waxxer, to 1/4, to mile to mexican highway runs. I've had the pleasure of meeting fellow car owners that touch on all of these and more. 2013 is going to be killer if for no other reason than my ECS ride ROCKS (in my humble opinion.... ). Oh, and I'm staying 6speed

Last edited by 1SwtRide; 01-25-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:57 PM
1SwtRide
Drifting

Originally Posted by narfdanarf
Are you running the base rear brakes and LG spindles?
C5 rear brake set ups (I think) (speaking of which, I'm happy to part with my stock Z06 rears brake set ups for a crazy reasonable price) and, just have to reconfirm, but I think ECS was able to get the front set up to fit my '06 Z06 front brackes.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:48 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

That looks great.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:58 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

shoot me a PM on the CCWs if you consider shipping them. shipping will be to a bus in Fort Collins, CO 80525

Very cool btw!! looks killer

Thanks
Old 01-26-2013, 07:58 AM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SwtRide
We're on the same page...while the "RACECAR"* -- has been DRIVEN BY DOUG** and me both on video (posted somewhere here -- has gone 8.5x in the 1/4 (still quickest supercharged C6Z06 in the 'world" that I'm aware of) => this is my year to have FUN***. So, videos of me and Nick and stretching out legs....'check', track passes done at rentals run by ECS or some other non-discriminatory folks...'check', 60-130 times by Vbox....'check'.

* in every variation, my car has had A/C, ps, stereo, etc with fully disclosed mods unlike "stock, untouched, non-worked, pristine from factor" cars who have been less than honest about set ups yet thirst for the accolades based on those lies. My car likely weighed more than the others from what I've seen. Oh, and I am totally cool driving my son to school with the RACECAR moniker...his friends riot about it. Plus, I've given ECS the directive that I must be able to drive this car to / from work without issue. Fun to pull up to work in my monkey suit and tie know that I've driving an 8 sec car. Even better after a frustrating day to drive it home - talk about therapy! Somewhat reminds me of Mark C.'s video of driving his children home from school. I do that everyday I'm able to pick up my son. So fun!

** Because of revisionist rule-making, a simpleton like me, who has a fun car, is excluded from the every-so-prestigious FAST LIST, because I didn't drive MY car on the world record runs.

*** I'll define my fun but, as I suspect, fun runs the spectrum. From waxxer, to 1/4, to mile to mexican highway runs. I've had the pleasure of meeting fellow car owners that touch on all of these and more. 2013 is going to be killer if for no other reason than my ECS ride ROCKS (in my humble opinion.... ). Oh, and I'm staying 6speed

Are you claiming the world record with your street car, because the statement is you like to pick your kid up from school with your 8.5 sec car, but hope you told your kid and his friends your car can't beat a 10.5 sec car in reality, well you know it happened with you and your friend at the Exotic Rally recently at E.Town and can happened even with your expensive wheels and you driving for now.
The car can't even see those times unless you do a complete transformation from a manual to those non streetable parts with a modified driver and a few days test and tune, so technically you really don't know how fast is your car presently while it takes your son to school and you drives it to work.
I am not your hater because I always love fast and pretty cars, I love the way your car is looking, but I say it as it is without thinking about anyone feelings although I know the truth hurts the most. our car is what I call a beautiful garage queen that drives on the street occasionally but is not a 8.5sec car until its transformed with weight reduction. Sorry I just told you as it is which might hurt but its a fact. so now don't and
Old 01-26-2013, 08:02 AM
frc
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1SwtRide

^^^^Nice^^^^
Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 AM
narfdanarf
Pro

Originally Posted by TRINIC5

Are you claiming the world record with your street car, because the statement is you like to pick your kid up from school with your 8.5 sec car, but hope you told your kid and his friends your car can't beat a 10.5 sec car in reality, well you know it happened with you and your friend at the Exotic Rally recently at E.Town and can happened even with your expensive wheels and you driving for now.
The car can't even see those times unless you do a complete transformation from a manual to those non streetable parts with a modified driver and a few days test and tune, so technically you really don't know how fast is your car presently while it takes your son to school and you drives it to work.
I am not your hater because I always love fast and pretty cars, I love the way your car is looking, but I say it as it is without thinking about anyone feelings although I know the truth hurts the most. our car is what I call a beautiful garage queen that drives on the street occasionally but is not a 8.5sec car until its transformed with weight reduction. Sorry I just told you as it is which might hurt but its a fact. so now don't and
Do you have a mental condition?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 AM
GAMEOVR
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Wheels look great!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

He has always been like that, silence is a virtue.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:49 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Haters gonna hate.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:52 AM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Get notified of new replies

To New Shoes (Welds) for 2013 (PIX)

Old 01-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Dude is a tard
Old 01-26-2013, 12:11 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

ah...........yup....lol

Originally Posted by DSteck
Haters gonna hate.

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Dude is a tard

some people take this internet forum sh*t waaaay to serious. to me its
a place to waste sometime with others that are into the same sh*t and show off your ride.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:14 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

OK now with last post out of the way....

LOVE IT JOHN!

Quick Reply: New Shoes (Welds) for 2013 (PIX)