Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous
C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth Sponsored by
A&A Superchargers

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 02-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
Icevettez06
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to Icevettez06 Send a message via Skype™ to Icevettez06
Default Are some of you running Turbo using Brake Booster?

Im thinking about adding brake booster. Brake has kind of slow response after VOT. What are you using for this those of you which have done some mod on the brake?

Last edited by Icevettez06; 02-10-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Icevettez06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
NICK YOSKIN
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icevettez06 View Post
Im thinking about adding brake booster. Brake has kind of slow response after VOD. What are you using for this those of you which have done some mod on the brake?
Are you having power assistance issues with brakes? What kpa does your car idle?
NICK YOSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
Icevettez06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN View Post
Are you having power assistance issues with brakes? What kpa does your car idle?
KPA is 45 at idle. Brake work fine in normal driving. This is only after lets say I hit it hard at the throttle 2 or 3 gear and then I hit the brake really hard then the brake do not kick in as hard as they should do or much worse than they did on me older 2002 Z06. KPA after run drops to 17 and it takes 2 sek to get back to 45. Brakes work fine at the track but I dont hit them hard after the run. But at the street when you need to be able to stop quickly after smoking the tire you need them to kick in really fast.

http://scandc.com/new/node/712
Old 02-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
07MontRedcp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm wondering if it has something to do with your BOV having a little lag and you are hitting the brakes before it has recovered from venting the boost.

BJK
'07 Z51, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). ZR1 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.
07MontRedcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:25 AM   #5
Icevettez06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp View Post
I'm wondering if it has something to do with your BOV having a little lag and you are hitting the brakes before it has recovered from venting the boost.

BJK
I pretty sure that this is boost related and it have to do with recover time from going from boost to no boost. I would have thought more people have same issue.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #6
narfdanarf
CF Senior Member

Would you be willing to make a little one line diagram and post it how and where you have each vacuum line hooked up? Most importantly the brake booster and any lines tapped off of it.
narfdanarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #7
Icevettez06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by narfdanarf View Post
Would you be willing to make a little one line diagram and post it how and where you have each vacuum line hooked up? Most importantly the brake booster and any lines tapped off of it.
I believe that all is stock except APS c6 turbo kit. I will take closer look at the Brake booster lines to night.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
RoadRebel
CF Senior Member

replace the brake booster check valve with a new OEM GM and try it again.
RoadRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
07MontRedcp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
I pretty sure that this is boost related and it have to do with recover time from going from boost to no boost. I would have thought more people have same issue.
Exactly, and the BOV is what does that. When you lift on the throttle, the BOV senses that and opens to release the boost that has built up in the intake manifold and all vacuum lines that are not protected by a one way check valve. As for me, I have never slammed on the brakes in that manner.

BJK
'07 Z51, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). ZR1 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #10
Icevettez06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by narfdanarf View Post
All seams stock except there is one tube from manifold to the BOV on both sides.

Quote:
Exactly, and the BOV is what does that. When you lift on the throttle, the BOV senses that and opens to release the boost that has built up in the intake manifold and all vacuum lines that are not protected by a one way check valve. As for me, I have never slammed on the brakes in that manner.

BJK
I think that is the case that this is the time it take for the BOV relies the build psi. I did cheek the one way valve in the brake air drum and it seems fine. So what is the best way to fix this? New BOV?, Brake booster or drive slower and live with this!!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
07MontRedcp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Just a thought here. I checked your profile and your quarter mile numbers. Could it be that you need to upgrade to bigger BOVs to vent the boost faster?

BJK
Old 02-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #12
Icevettez06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Just a thought here. I checked your profile and your quarter mile numbers. Could it be that you need to upgrade to bigger BOVs to vent the boost faster?

BJK
That is interesting. Im still using stock BOV and bigger turbo. I think APS C6 BOV is not the same as APS ZO6 kit have. Any other turbo experts out there have opinion on this?
Old 02-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #13
07MontRedcp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
That is interesting. Im still using stock BOV and bigger turbo. I think APS C6 BOV is not the same as APS ZO6 kit have. Any other turbo experts out there have opinion on this?
Here are pictures of the C6 APS waste gate (Blue Hose) and the Z06 APS waste gate (Black hose). Notice the difference in size.

BJK
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
Icevettez06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Here are pictures of the C6 APS waste gate (Blue Hose) and the Z06 APS waste gate (Black hose). Notice the difference in size.

BJK
I will look in to this. Thank you for your effort and input.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:49 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous
Reload this Page Are some of you running Turbo using Brake Booster?