C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the world of Nitrous... What's best?

Old 03-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Sm5654
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default New to the world of Nitrous... What's best?

I'll start by saying I have a great car, but I'm looking for a little extra when I need it. I have a 2008 Z06 that has ported/milled heads, cam (237/252 on 117+4 lsa), headers (no cats) ported intake/throttle body, etc, etc. I know nothing about nitrous so I would like to hear suggestions about the different kinds of setups that work well with the LS7. What do I need to run a nitrous setup? How does nitrous effect the longevity of the engine? Anything you can tell me will help me make an informed decision. The car is 100% street. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:14 AM
Trunkflapper
Racer

How much more power are you looking for? The options are limitless. I personally don't like dry kits, but that's more of an opinion. Whatever you decide, just know that tuning is your friend.

Quincy
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 AM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

call dave at nitrous outlet. he will answer all your questions and can set you up with everything you need.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:16 AM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Get the best

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/
Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 AM
slow02gt
Advanced

nitrous outlet best hands down.. and dave will take the time to talk to you. Nitrous outlet is on most of the fastest nitrous ls cars!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Sm5654
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Sounds unanimous lol. I'll give him a call
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Originally Posted by slow02gt
nitrous outlet best hands down.. and dave will take the time to talk to you. Nitrous outlet is on most of the fastest nitrous ls cars!!!!
where is this information coming from, do you have a link to a for the c6 nitrous list
Old 03-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Sm5654
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Trunkflapper
How much more power are you looking for? The options are limitless. I personally don't like dry kits, but that's more of an opinion. Whatever you decide, just know that tuning is your friend.

Quincy
I think I'm looking for a 100-125 shot, nothing crazy.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
where is this information coming from, do you have a link to a for the c6 nitrous list
How about Nitrous Outlet doesn't steal other's designs and sell them as their own? You must have known you'd be called on it for sticking with your horse in this race.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:55 AM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Originally Posted by Drewstein
How about Nitrous Outlet doesn't steal other's designs and sell them as their own? You must have known you'd be called on it for sticking with your horse in this race.
hey partner can you get off your high horse and post this faster nitrous cars list? i personally have a Nitrous system on my c6 that i built with all Nitrous Express products, i had always used NOS systems on any of my previous builds, so when deciding to build one for the C6 I asked Julio owner of Cartek, he said stay with NX, then i asked a few of the top knowledgeable LS1 Tech nitrous section members in pm they all said NX i also ask SPINMONSTER he said NX, NX has the best flowing Noids & Bottle valves, in my opinion they also look better. i also talked to both NX & NO i got better answers from NX so i went NX and completely satisfied, as far as stealing designs isn't that what courts are for, if true NO should have a nice lawsuit and payday coming in
Old 03-08-2013, 09:22 AM
slow02gt
Advanced

hey partner can you get off your high horse and post this faster nitrous cars list? i personally have a Nitrous system on my c6 that i built with all Nitrous Express products, i had always used NOS systems on any of my previous builds, so when deciding to build one for the C6 I asked Julio owner of Cartek, he said stay with NX, then i asked a few of the top knowledgeable LS1 Tech nitrous section members in pm they all said NX i also ask SPINMONSTER he said NX, NX has the best flowing Noids & Bottle valves, in my opinion they also look better. i also talked to both NX & NO i got better answers from NX so i went NX and completely satisfied, as far as stealing designs isn't that what courts are for, if true NO should have a nice lawsuit and payday coming in
so are you saying that there are no fast cars running with NO kits? come on seriously? All my cars have been nitrous outlet without one problem, all my friends cars has been nitrous outlet with no problem, the fastest caddy in the world is running nitrous outlet spray bars,etc,etc,etc if you just want to randomly start naming pointless **** lol..I guess you need to start a fast nitrous list then huh
Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

so are you saying that there are no fast cars running with NO kits? come on seriously? All my cars have been nitrous outlet without one problem, all my friends cars has been nitrous outlet with no problem, the fastest caddy in the world is running nitrous outlet spray bars,etc,etc,etc if you just want to randomly start naming pointless **** lol..I guess you need to start a fast nitrous list then huh
i never said that, please clarify where i did, but obviously you and someone else said that NO cars are the fastest and NX cars are sloweris that calling the kettle black the original poster i believe was asking for a C6 or Z06 not a cadillac. also most kits from any company really never have a problem under normal use. but when i have incorporated custom dial in with fuel pressure and nitrous pressure i have found that the NX noids always flow under higher pressure and last longer then other companies i have tried, never had one stay shut, like other ones i tried having to change out every month. i dont need to start a fast nitrous list theres one in ls1tech and other places, i have seen them, im asking you to produce them proving your point
Old 03-08-2013, 12:08 PM
slow02gt
Advanced

i never said that, please clarify where i did, but obviously you and someone else said that NO cars are the fastest and NX cars are sloweris that calling the kettle black the original poster i believe was asking for a C6 or Z06 not a cadillac. also most kits from any company really never have a problem under normal use. but when i have incorporated custom dial in with fuel pressure and nitrous pressure i have found that the NX noids always flow under higher pressure and last longer then other companies i have tried, never had one stay shut, like other ones i tried having to change out every month. i dont need to start a fast nitrous list theres one in ls1tech and other places, i have seen them, im asking you to produce them proving your point
no i said nitrous outlet has been on most of the fastest ls cars..

I know alot of cars with NX setups...the nitrous outlet is just my preference and what has always worked for me
Old 03-08-2013, 12:29 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

no i said nitrous outlet has been on most of the fastest ls cars..

I know alot of cars with NX setups...the nitrous outlet is just my preference and what has always worked for me
both are good, any plans on making a nitrous pass
Old 03-20-2013, 01:32 AM
JAvery20
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Big fan of nitrous express.

Regarding longevity, I can only speak on my LS1. However, I have had the kit for almost 10 years. 150 shot for about 9.5yrs. Leak down and compression were like a new car last year when I had it checked.

I know the LS7 is a bit different, but a good tune(i would rate my tune average) will go along ways. I have put about 83k on my car, no issues. 93k on the car currently. Don't be scared of nitrous, its very powerful in these LS motors and you can put some freak times down. Keep the pressure up(900+) and get all the goodies(window switch, low fuel pressure valve).My A4 c5 with vararam, BB PRT's, 3.42, and a 100 wet shot went 11.9 @ 123 on street tires. Need to get it back to the track w/ the 150 one of these days.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:43 PM
MPM IV
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used Nitrous Outlet on two separate cars. Their customer service was always excellent and I'm very happy with the finished product. I have had an NX kit on a C4 and never had a problem with it, but if I were in the market today NO would get my business.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:41 AM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

What would be the dollar neighborhood estimate for a street set up on an 06 400/400, say, at least a 100 HP hit?

Get notified of new replies

To New to the world of Nitrous... What's best?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:26 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by TerryL
What would be the dollar neighborhood estimate for a street set up on an 06 400/400, say, at least a 100 HP hit?
Okay then.....
Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 PM
JAvery20
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My NX Gen X-2 kit ran about 1200. You'll still need the install(totally depends on labor), tune(again, depends on tuner but 500-750), and dont forget the gauges. Maybe 200-300 for gauges.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:17 PM
j-son
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave at Nitrous outlet

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to the world of Nitrous... What's best?