C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Manifold Gaskets for Magnuson MP112

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 PM
87-Rocket
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intake Manifold Gaskets for Magnuson MP112

My saga of trying to gather everything I need to install a used Maggie MP112 on my 2005 LS2 Corvette continues.

The latest problem I have run into is finding intake manifold gaskets that will fit into the recesses machined into the Magnuson intake manifold. The used supercharger kit I purchased came with the old gaskets but they were so ratty looking I want to replace them. I already had a new gasket kit (Fel Pro part # MS 92211) that wasn't going to get used, which is for 4.8 litre LS series engine in a Chevy truck. The 4.8 has the cathedral port heads on it so I figured it might work. I compared these new Fel Pro gaskets with the old ones that came with the supercharger and, other than the retaining tabs, they APPEARED to be identical in size and shape. So, I cut the tabs off the Fel Pro gaskets and attempted to fit them into the recesses in the intake manifold and found that they won't fit.

At this point I began doing a bunch of searches on various websites and the consensus I found is that GM part # 89060413 is the correct gasket to use with the MP112. The Fel Pro replacement for the GM gasket number is part number is MS 96587. So, I went down to the auto parts store yesterday and got them to pull the Fel Pro MS 96587 gaskets. Although I did not have the MS 92211 truck gaskets with me for comparison, the MS 96587 gaskets appear to be identical to the 4.8 gaskets that I already have (black plastic with orange rubber gasket material, cathedral ports, etc).

Has anyone ecnountered this problem before? I hate to pay Magnuson $100 + shipping for a set of stock gaskets that they are just going to cut the tabs off of, especailly when I can buy the same gasket for $50 at the local parts store and cut the tabs off myself.

I am going to try to put this supercharger on the car over the course of this long Memorial Day weekend so any responses would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Gabbiani
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May not be much help but I have seen several cases where they use the same ones. I ordered the Fast orange gaskets for my ls6 CTSV and got square gaskets that just had to be stuffed into the recess.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:50 AM
87-Rocket
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After looking at the gaskets again, I came to the conclusion that they will work with some additional trimming. The outer edges of the gaskets have to be trimmed with a dremmel (or similar) to get them to fit. I was ablet to successfully get my Fel Pro # 92211 to fit.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:10 AM
dforristall
Heel & Toe

Thank You! Good info
Old 09-08-2015, 12:48 PM
dforristall
Heel & Toe

Default Update

I just had my early model MP112 (no intercooler) rebuilt by Jon Bond performance. Upon re-install, I was able to use the standard LS1 LS6 intake manifold gaskets in the supercharger.

Part #'s:
ACDELCO 12533587
or
VICTOR REINZ MS16350
or
FEL-PRO MS92438

Here's a pic of when mine came out with the old gaskets.

Early Model Magnuson MP112 supercharger ( without intercooler) port view for gasket reference.

Get notified of new replies

To Intake Manifold Gaskets for Magnuson MP112

Quick Reply: Intake Manifold Gaskets for Magnuson MP112