C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compression ratio and pulley swap question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 12:58 AM
Kadorja
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Compression ratio and pulley swap question

So right now with a 4.10" pulley and stock compression I'm at 550whp. The new engine will be exactly the same CID but the compression ratio will be lower (about 10:1) but I figured the blower cam will gain about 50-60whp putting me around 600whp.

I want to swap on a pulley but I don't want it to be too much for the RST clutch to handle. I've heard about .1" is 10hp. I'm stuck between a 3.6" or a 3.7" pulley. I'd like to get some good power out of the car but not overpower my brand new clutch by screwing up the math and getting too much power.

Anyone have a good guess?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:42 AM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Built motor with dropped cr, I would do the 3.6 and a nice cam. You can always tune it back but I doubt your clutch will know the difference in 15-20 wtq
Old 07-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Kadorja
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah I went ahead and got the 3.6" pulley. Hopefully they have it in stock and can mail it out soon. Injectors should be shipped today or tomorrow and my clutch gets in next Tuesday. I can't wait.

Get notified of new replies

To Compression ratio and pulley swap question

Quick Reply: Compression ratio and pulley swap question