C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help in GA.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Wes1215
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help in GA.

I am really considering Supercharging my 2012 GS. Who would you guys recommend in GA? Thanks.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 PM
slowpokerrr
Advanced

I'm in savannah, but was recommended to vengeance in Cummings outside of ATL.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:17 PM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Not going to go wrong with Vengeance.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:29 PM
D&C vette
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Venegence or MTI, Atlanta area is where they are near. Heard good things about both.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:17 PM
keevo54
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LWA. Best in atl
Old 09-03-2013, 08:03 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Wes1215
I am really considering Supercharging my 2012 GS. Who would you guys recommend in GA? Thanks.
Feel free to give us a call and/or check out our website at www.VengeanceRacing.net . We offer A&A/Whipple/Edelbrock supercharger systems and have installed dozens of each. A quick search here on CorvetteForum will also provide you with several build threads.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:08 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Another vote for vengeance
Old 09-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Wes1215
3rd Gear

Thanks guys. Will contact Vengeance soon.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:21 AM
MGJ07C6
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Vengeance!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:37 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

They created my SinisTTerC6 monster

Last edited by SinisterC6; 09-04-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Wes1215
3rd Gear

Nice.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:02 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Give Ron a call or shoot him an email you won't regret it

Ron@vengeanceracing.net
678-513-7105
Old 09-05-2013, 03:39 AM
1sc334
Racer

If its not a HIGH DOLLAR BUILD I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND VENGEANCE IF YOU HAVE UNLIMITED FUNDS GO I WENT AND I WAS NOT SATISFIED CAR STILL HAS PROBLEMS NO RESPONSE FROM EMAILS NOR CALLS PAID ALOT FOR SC INSTALL N METH AND MY OPINION IS JUST SHIP CAR TO A SHOP THAT DOES QUALITY WORK AND WILL STAND BEHIND WAT THEY DO INSTEAD OF GIVING U A BUNCH OF BS EXCUSES ....OF WHO WAT WHEN AND WHY YOUR CAR ISNT PERFORMING THE WAY IT SHOULD ....RON IS AN EXCELLENT SALES MAN AND HAS MAYBE ONE OR TWO GREAT INSTALLERS BUT IF UR NOT SPENDING MEGA BUCKS THEY WONT BE THE ONES WORKING ON UR CAR....SAD TO SAY GUYS ON HERE RECOMMEND THEM BUT I HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE WITH THEM N MY CAR IS GOIN TO TEXAS OR EAST COAST...SO DONT GET CAUGHT UP N THE "VENGEANCE HYPE"!!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:36 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 1sc334
If its not a HIGH DOLLAR BUILD I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND VENGEANCE IF YOU HAVE UNLIMITED FUNDS GO I WENT AND I WAS NOT SATISFIED CAR STILL HAS PROBLEMS NO RESPONSE FROM EMAILS NOR CALLS PAID ALOT FOR SC INSTALL N METH AND MY OPINION IS JUST SHIP CAR TO A SHOP THAT DOES QUALITY WORK AND WILL STAND BEHIND WAT THEY DO INSTEAD OF GIVING U A BUNCH OF BS EXCUSES ....OF WHO WAT WHEN AND WHY YOUR CAR ISNT PERFORMING THE WAY IT SHOULD ....RON IS AN EXCELLENT SALES MAN AND HAS MAYBE ONE OR TWO GREAT INSTALLERS BUT IF UR NOT SPENDING MEGA BUCKS THEY WONT BE THE ONES WORKING ON UR CAR....SAD TO SAY GUYS ON HERE RECOMMEND THEM BUT I HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE WITH THEM N MY CAR IS GOIN TO TEXAS OR EAST COAST...SO DONT GET CAUGHT UP N THE "VENGEANCE HYPE"!!!!!
The fact that you wrote in all caps speaks volumes of your personality and your ability to cope with situations.

I remember your thread and I also remember it ending with you being satisfied.

True shops make mistakes and parts go bad but in the end Ron is one of if not the only owner here who will bend over backwards for anyone whether they are a High dollar build or picking up a small part.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:59 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

I never spent mega bucks on a build and between my Z06 and ZR1 I have never had an issue with Vengeance. Ron and his crew are great.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:47 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

SC,

I am surprised to read your comments below.... I cant seem to understand how we had so many conversations in person/after hours/on my personal cell phone and you have always seemed completely happy then you post things like this on the internet. I guess its safe to assume speaking to you at 10pm at night during the weekend on my personal cell isnt what you would call customer service?

To bring everyone who reads this up to speed, Vengeance installed a customer supplied ECS kit for SC in June of 2012. The vehicle performed flawlessly for us on our dyno and street tuning session. After the customer drove his vehicle from Cumming Georgia to Montgomery Alabama and continued to drive it for several days he had some issues arise with the SC installation.

Complete details on the issues/my reply/Vengeance customer service can be found here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...-car-back.html

For those that do not want to read the whole thread here is SCs initial post and my reply:

five days after i got car back....
after i already been under hood turning wrenches..... today under a lil boost a hear a knock from under the hood n when i stop to check it out the bolt has backed out of the s/c pulley pulley just barely on belt shredded all to hell n now im out of another 65 dollars for the tow home!!!!! This has not been a CHEAP UPGRADE NOR INSTALL by any means n i dont hear much about problems u guys r having so my question is y me!!!! Is this wat i have to look forward to doing every time i take car out? Im no stranger to wrenching i kinda consider myself a gearhead but i didnt think id be having problems this soon!!! day 1 rain
Day2 hose blows off no fu***** brakes day 3 temps day 4 no fu***n boost another hose blows off day 5 getting towed home bolt comes out of pulley n shreds belt!!!!! IS THIS ALL I HAVE TO LOOK FOWARD TO WIT THIS CAR!!!! FRUSTRATED TO SAY THE F****N LEAST!!!!

My reply located on page 2 of the thread

SC,

Please allow me to apologize for the issues you have had with your vehicle since the recent install. I am fully aware of your frustration as I am an enthusiast as well.

I have done my absolute best to keep in constant contact with you even providing you my personal cell # to contact me after hours and over the weekend.

If I may I would like to go over the issues you have had so far in the order you listed them in your original post...
#1- Brake Booster hose seperating- The picture you sent me VIA Text Friday evening shows the "T" fitting that was installed in the booster line. You explained to me the booster hose seperated from the T fitting while under boost. This fitting is a barbed fitting and should not have allowed the hose to seperate. That being said, looking at the ECS instructions they state to install the two supplied clamps over this T fitting. I discussed this with my technician and he explained there were no clamps for this included (no excuse). He also stated that on the close to 100 A&A kits we have installed this "T" fitting is very similar and the A&A instructions do not call for the installation of clamps at this junction. Obviously this hose should not be subect to extreme pressures or the booster line itself would blow out of the brake booster since there is only a rubber grommet holding it in place. In the end, the clamps should have been installed per the instructions. I apologize this did not happen and I am thankful there were no injuries as a result of this issue.

FWIW, I have attached a link to A&A superchargers instructions for C6 Corvette.. I attempted to link ECS, but their instructions link is not working. Please see page 39 of the instructions for reference on the "T" fitting discussed above.
http://www.aacorvette.com/pdf/aa_c6_instructions.pdf
#2- Charge pipe blows off- I do not have an answer as to why this happened. As you can see in the pictures below all clamps are in place and tightened securely. All couplers are in their correct location and secured by the clamps. I have also attached a copy of your dyno graph showing multiple dyno pulls to 6500rpm with no issues of any sort.

#3 Bolt for Drive Pulley on Supercharger backs off- As I mentioned VIA text Saturday evening the drive pulley comes pre installed on the supercharger.I am confident the head unit/pulley etc were all visually inspected during the installation process, but no problem was found. It is also worth noting that the car was subjected to 50+ miles of tuning/9 dyno pulls/300 mile trip home/ several drives with you as well boosting the car without issue.

*After you sent the picture of the pulley/belt Saturday evening I immediately offered to go over every aspect of your build together with you in person to ensure you were confident in the work performed. If our company truck/trailer were not 7 states away delivering another customers vehicle I would have had no issue picking up your vehicle and returning it to our shop.

*I wanted to touch on pricing since it was mentioned in your post as well... Your labor total was $2375.00 and included installation of a complete camshaft kit including Custom cam/Dual Springs/Hardened pushrods/oil pump/timing chain/Trunion upgrade/all gaskets & Seals- Installation of customer supplied supercharger system-Installation of customer supplied fuel injectors & Boost pump-Installation of CUSTOMER SUPPLIED Kooks headers/X pipe-Installation of Autometer Boost and fuel pressure gauges/Gauge Pod.

Please know that when your Corvette arrives tomorrow every aspect of the installation will be verified. I am sorry that you cannot be here as I would prefer to go over everything with you present. If you have any questions or additional concerns you have my shop and my cell.

In closing I would like to say that our reputation was not "given" to us... We have earned the reputation we have over the course of eight years in business and we value each and every one of our customers. While we are humans and do make mistakes we stand behind our work and will do whatever it takes to turn a "wrong" into a "right"
Your C6 washed/prepped for delivery

Engine bay shots of completed supercharger installation

Dyno Graph

Fast forward to just a few weeks ago we hear from SC again telling us we installed his cutouts incorrectly. After a YEAR of using them the wires melted. This was VIA telephone so no email to reply to.

As you can see above Vengeance certainly cares about ALL of our customers, no matter the size of the job. I do not believe we blew SC off in the least considering I paid for his transportation back to our facility to correct his issues and went over his car with him personally prior to leaving.

In closing, we work with mechanical parts. There will from time to time be issues. Vengeance Racing stands behind our customers and our work. As I said above to SC...... I would like to say that our reputation was not "given" to us... We have earned the reputation we have over the course of eight years in business and we value each and every one of our customers. While we are humans and do make mistakes we stand behind our work and will do whatever it takes to turn a "wrong" into a "right"
Ron Mowen, Owner
Vengeance Racing

Old 09-05-2013, 11:01 AM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

There are always customers that will smile to your face and say everything is great, then talk smack as soon as they leave. People that can never be satisfied. Also this illustrates why many shops will not install used parts. All it takes is an experience like this to sour them on doing it. The shop I use had a similar experience with a used blower kit. Stuff was missing and the customer kept getting mad about the delays because it was his daily driver. Missing parts aren't the shops fault. Like Ron said. Stuff happens on occasion. It's how you deal with it that matters.

I had a Bosch 044 pump fail after my dyno session and on the way home. Amazon replaced the pump for no charge, but I still paid labor to swap it out. It's not my shops fault the stupid pump went out. I'm just glad it didn't happen on the dyno at 6500rpm.

I also can't stand people that don't take the time to spell out words correctly, capitalize, or punctuate. It's annoying to read and I really don't want to respond to people that can't make a coherent paragraph for me to read. Especially when they are on here asking for advice.

Last edited by jon6.0; 09-05-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Help in GA.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:23 AM
RunninRed
Instructor

Vengeance. Hands down.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:19 PM
1sc334
Racer

Originally Posted by jon6.0
There are always customers that will smile to your face and say everything is great, then talk smack as soon as they leave. People that can never be satisfied. Also this illustrates why many shops will not install used parts. All it takes is an experience like this to sour them on doing it. The shop I use had a similar experience with a used blower kit. Stuff was missing and the customer kept getting mad about the delays because it was his daily driver. Missing parts aren't the shops fault. Like Ron said. Stuff happens on occasion. It's how you deal with it that matters.

I had a Bosch 044 pump fail after my dyno session and on the way home. Amazon replaced the pump for no charge, but I still paid labor to swap it out. It's not my shops fault the stupid pump went out. I'm just glad it didn't happen on the dyno at 6500rpm.

I also can't stand people that don't take the time to spell out words correctly, capitalize, or punctuate. It's annoying to read and I really don't want to respond to people that can't make a coherent paragraph for me to read. Especially when they are on here asking for advice.
I used no used parts but to each their own i just gave up n went some where else the car has been in and out the shop since install for one reason or another and JON IF U DONT UNDERSTAND WAT UR READIND THEN FUCN STOP IM SICK OF THE HOW "hes texting" and RON U ARE AGAIN CORRECT I DIDNT SEND PICTURES OF THE INSTALL I DIDNT CALL.....U MAKE All the RESPONSES BUT WEN I CALL N ASK 4U I COULD NEVER GET U SO BEFORE U SAY WAT I DID OR DID NOT DO ASK UR SECRETARY KEVIN AND BY NO MEANS U AND KNOW THE CUT OUTS WERENT THE ONLY TIME I CONTACTED U!!!! I JUST WANT REGULAR GUYS TO KNOW HOW YALL REALLY R....YOU GUYS ARE FUCN AWRSOME !!!!!

Last edited by 1sc334; 09-05-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:21 PM
1sc334
Racer

VENGEANCE HANDS DOWN !!!! Like they said !!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help in GA.