C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1X C6-driveline-interior-suspension build-pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
Not saying it WON'T make power, just stating that the outlet size of the compressor housing is designed to be that size for a reason. (In relation to the inlet size, impeller CFM, etc) Any reduction in that outlet DRASTICALLY changes the entire compressor map.

The #1 thing to do actually would be to go UP in size right at the outlet. And corvettes are super easy to make 4" or 3.5" intercooler tubing for if you are already doing a custom intercooler and mounting.

If your already doing a huge build, and lots of custom work, why keep the restrictive 3" tubing? Thats like having a huge fuel pump in the back, and stock lines.

If you have the car apart and the time to do it, it would be a good idea to change it. (If you had something like a F-1A, it wouldn't be much of an issue, that blower is pretty much done with CFM about the same time the tubing would be.)

A bunch of people wonder why they break F-1X's and other larger blowers, though a lot of times its simple stuff that causes big issues. Wrong gear/pulley combos causing overspinning of blower, or because of the compressor surge they are inducing by having restrictions placed right at the outlet of the blower, not having enough bypass valve air, or over-spinning the blower because of a restriction on the outlet side, poor intercooler, etc.

Its the little differences that make HUGE HP differences at that power level.

Example: Two identical cars, with F-1X's, spinning blowers to the same rpm... lets say MAX. One car makes 1350 rwhp, the other makes 1575 rwhp. With the only difference being the intercooler tubing, and intercooler. Usually the first thing the person making 1350 rwhp sees is they are making less boost, and less HP. And the FIRST thing they do, is put a smaller pulley on it. Then what happens?..... BOOM goes the blower.

Not saying thats the only way to break stuff, just stating that reducing the outlet tubing is never a good idea, (same with putting a 90deg turn right at the outlet)

In the end, is it the end of the world, NOPE.
But is it worth the change, YES.

Is this going to be an awesome build, DOUBLE YES!
yup, totally understand...makes sense. Thanks for the tech-tips.

I will say when dealing with this large of diameter tubing, on a corvette...it is difficult to route custom tubing around everything. 3"..not to much of a problem...anything more then that...sway bars..fans, brackets..etc...everything suddenly is in the way of everything. I am not the owner of the C6, so I didn't wanna alter the car too much, or make it rocket science to be serviced. I figure the car should make around 1100rwhp and call it a day at the level it'll be at. Hopefully, for my friends sake..everything will be fine on the blower side....and everything will be dandy.

If not...well..., not the end of the world, we have a way out.

Originally Posted by TT32VGT
nice build!
Thank you
Old 08-21-2014, 01:33 AM
Still_Slow
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the QA1's just bolt right up and which part numbers did you use, did you have to modify anything to make them work?! I ordered a se by later was told that they couldn't fulfill the order because they wouldn't fit a c6 but would fit a c5!

Frankie
Old 08-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Still_Slow
Did the QA1's just bolt right up and which part numbers did you use, did you have to modify anything to make them work?! I ordered a se by later was told that they couldn't fulfill the order because they wouldn't fit a c6 but would fit a c5!

Frankie
I will ask the man himself, where he ordered from. What I do know, if that the QA1's he got where at a really good cost.....everything was disassembled(probably why the cost was low). I assembled them and installed them on the C6....which I don't remember any issues except for me being a crybaby saying "F***! I gotta build the coilovers." after I opened the box. Wasn't a big deal at all...took 3-5 min build time each.

I will ask him where he found them.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Still_Slow
Pro

Thanks

Originally Posted by Smoove
I will ask the man himself, where he ordered from. What I do know, if that the QA1's he got where at a really good cost.....everything was disassembled(probably why the cost was low). I assembled them and installed them on the C6....which I don't remember any issues except for me being a crybaby saying "F***! I gotta build the coilovers." after I opened the box. Wasn't a big deal at all...took 3-5 min build time each.

I will ask him where he found them.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:58 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Old 08-27-2014, 03:58 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Thanks
"Corvette mods" (forum vendor)

or

call Johnny @ performance corvettes
800-516-3446 is what I was just sent via text.

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN

Been in and outta town...hoping to jump back on this car and mine in 2 weeks. going to Indianapolis for the US nationals tomorrow!!!!

:roc k:
Old 08-28-2014, 12:41 AM
Still_Slow
Pro

Thank you sir!
Old 09-14-2016, 01:51 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

So...the long awaited build.

First start up. Gas pedal failure, and no real tune in the car. Video does not justice to how loud this thing is. Few bugs to work out...then we'll install ProEfi and start driving.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:29 PM
Still_Slow
Pro

Damn I was actually looking for this thread last year when I had the coil over trouble, to see if you ever got it on the road, well looks like soon you will
Old 09-14-2016, 02:38 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Damn I was actually looking for this thread last year when I had the coil over trouble, to see if you ever got it on the road, well looks like soon you will
lol. I could barely find it in my search myself. Just had so many things going on from work to health to life, moving here and there,..finally now getting it in high gear and making it a priority. Almost teared up today when it fired haha. Little bugs, and lots of interior and exterior stuff to still bang out. Soon.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:18 PM
bmfvette
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Congrats! As they say "better late than never". Will be a beast!
Old 09-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bmfvette
Congrats! As they say "better late than never". Will be a beast!
Cheers to that!

Quick Reply: F1X C6-driveline-interior-suspension build-pics