C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1X C6-driveline-interior-suspension build-pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Default F1X C6-driveline-interior-suspension build-pics

Car:05 6 speed C6. Current mods, Procharger P1SC,42lb inj,KOOKS 1 7/8-3" offroad X, B&B bullets, hotchkis sway bars, shifter, and rear Z06 fenders.

i just copied his list of the build here...(the script underneath)

1) Texas Speed 418 LS3 Forged 10.5:1, PRC LS7 265cc, FAST 102 Intake (done in Hydrocarbon, raised lettering in red to match fuel rails and blow-off valves) and NW 102 TB, Kooks 2" Headers (already have Kooks X-pipe and B&B Bullets), Cam 236/244 .637/.648, ARP Hardware, TS Upgraded Rocker Package, Pfadt Engine Mounts, working on custom gauges

2) ProCharger F1x, ECS bracket, DP Direct Drive, 10-rib Balancer, 3.40" Blower Pulley, 5" Velocity Stack, dual Tial 50mm (Red) Blow Off Valves, Gates Green Belt 10-rib, Custom Piping by Race Part Solutions

3) Built RPM TR6060 Stage VI w/short 5th gear, GM C6Z 2011 Diff, DSS Carbon Propshaft, Ceramic Torque Tube Bearings, McLeod Twin, Quick Time Bell Housing, Tick Master Cylinder w/braided line, Pfadt Trans Mount

4) Custom Fuel System by Race Part Solutions, Bosch 100LB injectors

5) Lingenfelter Radiator--specific for larger blower unit, Treadstone IC, new GM Front Cradle, red silicone hosing, new GM Water Pump, 180 Stat, Nations S&A 300-amp Alt--black anodized

6) Forgestar F14 Deep Concave Matte Black w/CF Center Caps, 19X10 & 20X12, Michelin Super Sports 275/345, McGard Lugs, also have C6Z 19X11 Black Powder Coasted to be mounted with DRs, New TPMS-

7) QA1 Coilovers, already have Hotchkis Sways

8) C6Z Calipers Powder Coated in ZR1 Blue w/all new hardware, DBA 4000 T3 Slotted Rotors, Hawk Pads, SS Lines

9) C6Z Front Bumper and C6Z Front Quarters—NO ZO6 EMBLEMS!!, already have rear wide body

10) 2012 GM Seat Upgrade w/heaters, matching stitched C6 Emblem, JWM seat bolster kit

11) Pioneer Z140 Head Unit with Ipod plug ,,, working on upgrading speakers, maybe an amp---still weighing spending more money on something that may not be heard

12) Custom D-Style Steering Wheel done in Suede w/CF Inserts and Double Stitching, Matching Titanium Stitch for all interior parts, Padded Console with C6 logo, Two-Tone (black & titanium) Shifter Boot and Ebrake Boot, Custom Stitch Ebrake, CF Pistol Grip Shifter (no shift pattern engraved, as amateurs need not apply), all interior removable pieces already done in Hydrocarbon

13) Rear Diffuser, ZR1 Spoiler, C6Z Front Splitter, Side Skirts, Front & Rear Quarter Vents, Front & Rear Splash Guards, Door Handles, Gas Cap, all parts finished in Hydrocarbon

14) All exterior (lamps, fogs, rears) lighting in LEDs, Headlamp Rebuild Kit, Bezels finished in Hydrocarbon

15) More sho' than go stuff,,, Jake Skull Mats in matching titanium stitch, CF emblem overlays, Aluminum Black Anodized Pedals, 6-Piece Chevy Bowtie Carbon Fiber Fluid Caps, Jake Skull 3" Emblems for front quarters (not a C6Z wannabe!!)

Only the windshield, rear view mirror, fuel cells and key fobs are unchanged. I am sure I am forgetting a few parts, and some new parts will be added. The car will also be painted, or wrapped, in either a dark gray or flat black. No time table, as want to make sure when done it is best it can be!![/QUOTE]

I wanna see it go 9's on it's daily driven setup as well. Here she is...

Treadstone vs procharger

[IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i86/V-seriesTech/1364508011_zpse8db4277.jpg[/IMG

old

Mild updates.

will be changing, and selling this bracket soon

Modified master cylinder..

this shroud has since been modified. This was a dewitts radiator, with a stock fan, at a stock height...I lowered, and moved the cradle forward(still have to weld) and also Josh modified the shroud. Looks better but,..before..

pulling interior...

w/mock valve covers...

I ,..we, have lots left. Every part, has to be custom fit. All panels, still have to be removed, and drilled,..as they are JUST blanks,..with no provisions. So,..yippie lol.

Fun times,..getting there.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:52 PM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

You going to be able to run an air filter on that blower?
Old 09-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jon6.0
You going to be able to run an air filter on that blower?

Yeah, couple of reasons.

The bower bracket will change, probably get lower, which should present more of a proximity problem with the fan,..so, we massaged the fan shroud...which looks way different now. I also have the radiator sitting in a location that it is not currently at..so...the radiator sits lower then this pic allows to see.

Also,..we moved it forward,..and it will be about another inch lower.

More worried about making a coolant hose work for the ebcm area,...as THAT,...is close.

ECS bracket should be here by the weekend...hopefully, I can have the blower side of things done by the weekend.

I have a velocity stack for the race setup, and I am working on a filter design for it.... I want to run that all the time but,..I think I will have a 45 degree pipe with filter as a worse case scenario for the filter.

Too soon to tell but,...the plan is yessir.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:35 PM
b16gsr
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

about damned time homie..........

looking kiler
Old 09-30-2013, 07:11 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

just a bit of info since i saw you saw 3.4" blower pully

if you have the inovators west 8" pully with that 3.4" @7k rpm you will be spinning the blower to near 89K rpm.. which is WAY over the rated 72K rpm suggested max.
If you have stock 7.2" pully 7k is 80K rpm.

IMO you are WAY over spinning the blower.

also.. IMO you are going to need bigger injectors too for that pully combo.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice setup can't wait to see some power!. Is this a 4bolt head setup or six?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Serious build going on.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:10 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

Nice build, Should make some great power. Looking forward to the results.
What about using dual Spal fan setup with that radiator. It will give you a little more room to work around. I used that radiator with the dual fan and lowered my cradle and mounting points on the cradle. It was a little tight on the upper hose, But it fit without too many problems. If I was starting over, I would upgrade the 4 rib to the 6 rib on the A/C Jackshaft setup.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by b16gsr
about damned time homie..........
looking kiler
Thanks player. It's been a long road, not a lot of free time,..the free time I do have,..goes to cars, usually other peoples. Almost there bro...almost....starting to feel good about it.

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
just a bit of info since i saw you saw 3.4" blower pully

if you have the inovators west 8" pully with that 3.4" @7k rpm you will be spinning the blower to near 89K rpm.. which is WAY over the rated 72K rpm suggested max.
If you have stock 7.2" pully 7k is 80K rpm.

IMO you are WAY over spinning the blower.

also.. IMO you are going to need bigger injectors too for that pully combo.
Yea a copied and pasted the parts list from his post,..I have a few pully's to play with,..I believe that is the smallest one(that I listed/you mentioned), the one we are going with, is larger. I don't know the size off the top of my noggin but, I will post it up asap,..which will probably be after this weekend, since I have have to drive almost 2 hours north to work on this thing.

The injectors,..I agree.

long story short...this build started small...he bought-

D1, rpm C6 trans and diff, rated to 800rwhp, 8 rib pulley(innovators) and I spec'd out his motor with texas for about 1100hp or so.....

...then,..power numbers came up...goals came up,..the realization came up that, the setup may not meet the goals...

so,..and F1X was had, 10 rib..then a TR6060, then a 2012 Z06 diff,...etc.....so yes, the injectors where spec'd out for a lesser build,...which is why the build/parts list has changed so many times.

now, I have a BUNCH of new, unable to use parts to get rid of. So, the puzzle, has been changed many times...hoping for the best.

Definitely not a blower guru so any insight, like yours, always appreciated. Thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by Slo-Poc
Nice setup can't wait to see some power!. Is this a 4bolt head setup or six?
Thanks, We have 6 bolt heads, on a 4 bolt block. Hoping for the best.

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Serious build going on.
Trying our best.

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
Nice build, Should make some great power. Looking forward to the results.
What about using dual Spal fan setup with that radiator. It will give you a little more room to work around. I used that radiator with the dual fan and lowered my cradle and mounting points on the cradle. It was a little tight on the upper hose, But it fit without too many problems. If I was starting over, I would upgrade the 4 rib to the 6 rib on the A/C Jackshaft setup.
Good info. Is the SPAL fan setup a "kit" for these cars, or is it a random set of fans that I need to build a mounting location/cage for? Guessing more of a kit.

I THINK the setup we have is a 4 rib...I think.

Thanks everyone for they're insight/comments, much appreciated.

-J
Old 10-01-2013, 01:55 PM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Ragin Racing sells the Spal dual fans with brackets for use on a stock radiator. Dewitt's sells the same fans with brackets meant for a Dewitt's radiator. If you are going custom radiator, you would be better off just buying the fans for $230 and making your own brackets.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:58 PM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Here they are for $205 on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SPAL-DUA...-/290964902331
Old 10-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Ragin Racing sells the Spal dual fans with brackets for use on a stock radiator. Dewitt's sells the same fans with brackets meant for a Dewitt's radiator. If you are going custom radiator, you would be better off just buying the fans for $230 and making your own brackets.
I don't event remember what radiator we have lol,..been too long. We do have the one pictured, I had coated black seen above,..that is the radiator that is staying with the vehicle. It is cut down about 2 inchs or more.

Is the fan setup shorter?

I'll have to look into it.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Nice, thanks Jon
Old 08-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Finally...after all the mishaps...all the issues...this thing is finally on the tarmac.

Not operating yet but...close. Felt good to sit in it actually...and roll down the street. More updates to come in the weeks to follow. For more current, and up to date pics/build progress on this C6 and other GM rockets, follow

https://www.facebook.com/TheFixedRoof

Old 08-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Old 08-06-2014, 05:16 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

I still need to figure out which map to use on this 2005 ...I use an older style 3 bar on my 2000....what are you gurus using on your C6's?

Hoping to be close to startup soon...just trying to get some small stuff done first...
Old 08-06-2014, 05:38 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

The '05 OS is limited to 2.5 bar but that shouldn't be a problem with the ProEFI so I'd think whatever three bar you want to use.

Get notified of new replies

To F1X C6-driveline-interior-suspension build-pics

Old 08-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I use a DPE 2.5 bar. I believe Dave Steck has his own plug and play units for the 05-06 cars.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:12 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

This Is one killer build... Should be a sick car once complete!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
The '05 OS is limited to 2.5 bar but that shouldn't be a problem with the ProEFI so I'd think whatever three bar you want to use.
Yea this thing is the black sheep it seems like for the C6. PROefi actually doesn't have a system to plug and play(reason why we bought it-didn't find out till it arrived-long story). I appreciate the heads up on the limitations(2.5 max)

Originally Posted by Unreal
I use a DPE 2.5 bar. I believe Dave Steck has his own plug and play units for the 05-06 cars.
Nice, I appreciate that, i'll look into both.

Originally Posted by 1MEANGS
This Is one killer build... Should be a sick car once complete!
Thank you. It has been a long road, still a few bumps I am sure but we'll get there.

Quick Reply: F1X C6-driveline-interior-suspension build-pics