C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with Andy and A&A

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 02:10 PM
psxer989
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Experience with Andy and A&A

Just got my car back from A&A and wanted to post a quick recap.

First of all, my 2006 A6 is not brand new and is not a garage queen. It has over 140,000 miles on it. I contacted Andy and arranged to drop my car off on his day off. One of the reasons I picked Andy was because of this forum and his posts. He has always come across as a gentlemen and stands behind his product. Not saying others don't.

Andy didn't give me any grief about coming in on a saturday. I told him it was my daily driver and that I was renting a car so Andy put the rush on the project. By the next Saturday I was picking it up. During the process Andy kept me updated on any issues. He upgraded my radiator to the Z06 and my plug wires (it runs cooler now than stock). When he test drove it without boost he noticed the tranny is getting sloppy on the shifts. He gave me a heads up about it and then babied it through the rest of the install and tune. Also, Andy didn't try to just give me maximum hp numbers. Due to miles on my engine and carbon buildup, he gave me a little less aggressive tune to protect my car. To me this is a huge plus. He didn't just care about the bottom line numbers but was more worried about the longevity of my engine. He also firmed up my shifts a bit until I can get my transmission rebuilt (this week). Once the transmission is ready, he'll give me tune another tweak.

Certainly this is not an in depth review of the install but I wanted to give an idea of how Andy and A&A Corvette care about what they are doing and continue to care after the car has left their shop. The install looks great and the power scared the crap out of my wife

I know there are plenty of shops and that they all probably do a great job. Just relating my experience with this particular shop. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Regards,
Larry
Old 10-14-2013, 05:19 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

any numbers so far? always great to have good feedback!
Glad you liked you experience with them!! post your impression on the post supercharged experience!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:44 PM
psxer989
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Dropping my car off Tuesday for the tranny rebuild. I'll have it back for the weekend. Once I get it back I'll feel safer about getting on the throttle.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:58 PM
JackersC6
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andy Green and the A&A Experience

I wanted to relay my experience with the guys at A&A, especially Andy and Josh. I have an 05 C6 Convertible, with Z51 and a 6-speed. I had previously had the intake and throttle body ported by Pete Incaudo. While the car has under 40,000 miles, it performed very well. I dropped the car on on Saturday, and Josh took me back to the train for a very long ride home to Santa Ana. The following Friday I went on the train to Oxnard where andy picked me up and brought me to A&A. The install was complete when I arrived but Andy was just getting started with the Dyno Tune. Andy is really great in keeping you involved in the process and I learned a lot but still don't have the programs or anywhere near his skill level. He is a master. When they did the install I also had them install Z06 headers to connect to the X pipe and Corsa exhaust that was previously installed. The car gained almost 200 RWHP. It now clears 550 RWHP thanks to the people at A&A. I know there are Vettes making a lot more power but this is just fine for me at the moment. I recently installed a Hurst Short Throw Shifter and it is really positive and much shorter. Another good investment.
A&A is the best bang for the buck I have ever been favored with. Thank you Andy and Josh. I love your work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:53 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I have dealt with Andy a lot, Installed quite a few of his supercharger kit. Been dealing with him for over 10 years. Had some issues with one of the supercharger bracket. A few phone calls, Till midnight here and he was always there to help. Not to many people will answer there business phone let alone give you there cell phone number. He has answered the phone on his days off numerous times. Great company to deal with.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:21 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Andy and A&A is TOP notch! we have been a dealer for them for 5-6 years now and they have been nothing but awesome towards us. You cant go wrong with dealing with them!

Get notified of new replies

To Experience with Andy and A&A

Quick Reply: Experience with Andy and A&A