C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto-Diff C5/C6??

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 11:49 AM
storxusmc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto-Diff C5/C6??

I am shopping around for a new reliable turbo/supercharged vette setup and since the C7 has come out i have seen the C6's drop low enough to make it worth an viable option... I am in need of an Auto because my current project car that i daily drive is an stick and knee cant take the clutch anymore so i am moving on to something bigger and better..

Which Auto/Diff setup is easier to make reliable for 500-600whp range... I know the newer C6 auto is stronger stock but i have read alot about them not liking anything over 450-500whp for daily driving.....I have been looking at the A&A supercharger or UPP twin turbo kit.. I have meet CK personally since i was stationed just down the street from his shop and im sure he would help me out on a kit after seeing what my current car did on the dyno...
Old 10-23-2013, 01:13 PM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

With an A6 it's very important to get somebody that knows what they are doing to tune the trans. It should be just fine at 600rwhp. A centri blower will help it live longer over a turbo setup since the turbos would make more torque lower in the rpm range and thereby putting more stress on the drivetrain components.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Mike Farris
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ive been at 580rwhp for a couple years now. Stock LS2 with exhaust, A6 with 3k stall, D1 procharger. My trans has acted a little off since the converter but its just a tuning issue.

I'll be stepping up towards 650 rwhp next week and dont think there will be issues.

I think the A6 will last a long time with 5-600hp. The diffs dont have problems in the autos. Stock A6 C6 with a blower of your choice and R666s and I think youve got the car youre looking for.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:50 PM
storxusmc
Instructor

are there any advantages of the newer models vs lets say an 2006. I am trying to afford an C6 and still have money to mod it so i am not just driving around a stock corvette again.

Also, if i was to find a higher milage C6 around 100k miles... what is the lifespan on the tranny and diff at this point in its life. I ask because i have seen alot of high mile vettes popping up that are actually cleaner than some of the low mile vettes i have seen.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Mike Farris
Pro

08+ has the LS3 and minor trans updates. Not sure what year but some of the newer models have some different options that are nice, NPP exhaust, bluetooth, 4LT interior option.

No idea about longevity, but I dont see threads about mass trans failures.

If you plan to mod maybe start with a modded car. I got mine with the procharger for cheaper than similar stock cars.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:34 PM
storxusmc
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike Farris
08+ has the LS3 and minor trans updates. Not sure what year but some of the newer models have some different options that are nice, NPP exhaust, bluetooth, 4LT interior option.

No idea about longevity, but I dont see threads about mass trans failures.

If you plan to mod maybe start with a modded car. I got mine with the procharger for cheaper than similar stock cars.
buy it off here?
Old 10-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Mike Farris
Pro

I got mine from a popular auction site before I found corvetteforum.

Probably some deals on here now that the C7 is out.

Get notified of new replies

To Auto-Diff C5/C6??

Quick Reply: Auto-Diff C5/C6??